X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Episode 1 question (SPOILERS)

SPOILERS BELOW

I have two questions regarding the anti-replicator gun made in episode 1 of season 8. Anyone with an idea or opinion, please reply.

1.) Why in the heck did they only build ONE of the anti-replicator guns???? The ship's computer had the plans and Thor would know how to create multiples, so why did they only take one to the surface?

2.) Why didn't Jack blast the replicator ship before it could take off?
    A student once asked his teacher, "Master, what is enlightenment?"
    The master replied, "When hungry, eat. When tired, sleep."

1. They have the blueprints, so they can make as many as they want now. Also, we don't know if they had the nessecary materials, also, Thor was making a massive one when he beamed them down.

2. Jack did not know if Carter was still aboard.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
    [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

1.) First Thor only made one initally because he didn't know what it was first.

2.) So they could have more episodes with the Replicators, and show RepliCarter.

Comment

'cause the repli-spider-ship was big.... and scary.
        The Gamekeeper: "I told you they would ruin everything.
        First, the garden. Next, the entire
        PLANET!!!"

Comment

For 2, i agree what downfall said, i think they weren't sure if Carter was still there or not.
          Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Originally posted by zen.monki

2.) Why didn't Jack blast the replicator ship before it could take off?
            It's also possible that you needed a larger scale weapon to take out something that big. For example, you can't use a P-90 to blow up an aircraft carrier, you have to use torpedos or missiles.
            Rocky

Comment

He should've checked with Thor "You want me to shoot at the spacecrab?"

Comment

Spacecrabs, lmfao. I don't know, thor was diverting power to firing that weapon, maybe communications was down or soemthing?

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

Comment

I don't think communication takes that much power

Comment

I said maybe!

Comment

Originally posted by Vyse
                      1.) First Thor only made one initally because he didn't know what it was first.

2.) So they could have more episodes with the Replicators, and show RepliCarter.
                      Yep, I'd say that showing RepliCarter was the major reason. Sets up all sorts of fun craziness.
                      Carter: Navigation? O'Neill: Check. Carter: Oxygen, Pressure, Temperature Control?
                      O'Neill: Check. Carter: Internal Dampeners? O'Neill: Cool!, and Check. Carter: Engine?
                      O'Neill: All Check. O'Neill: Phasers? Carter: Sorry Sir.

Comment

I can just see it now... Replicarter, the Replicators queen that spawn all rebel Replicators sympathetic to human. Soon, Earth will have a new ally, Replicartersssssss.

"ARRRG! My dry cleaning bill this month is over $10,000!"

Comment

Originally posted by rocket4477
                          It's also possible that you needed a larger scale weapon to take out something that big. For example, you can't use a P-90 to blow up an aircraft carrier, you have to use torpedos or missiles.
                          I agree with you. The one that Jack made wasn't big enough for the space crab or spider. Thor could go all over the planet. Since now the plans are in Thor's ship, the Daniel Jackson, computer, they probably can make all sizes of those anti-rep guns.

Comment

Originally posted by greytop
                            I agree with you. The one that Jack made wasn't big enough for the space crab or spider. Thor could go all over the planet. Since now the plans are in Thor's ship, the Daniel Jackson, computer, they probably can make all sizes of those anti-rep guns.
                            I would have thought, but not necessarily have been correct, that if Jack fired at the ship, each section that he hit would fall apart, and the ship would start to look like swiss cheese. Maybe not though, who knows. I think that he didn't want to endanger Carter's life.
                            Last edited by VirtualCLD; 21 July 2004, 11:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualCLD
                              I think that he didn't want to endanger Carter's life.
                              That too.

Comment

Working...
                              X