Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Do You Think Joe Mallozzi Cancelled His Blog?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why Do You Think Joe Mallozzi Cancelled His Blog?

Hi:

I just read on Joe Mallozzi's blog that he was closing it and would not be blogging anymore. Also, will probably not be returning to the Q & A Threads. And also will not be doing anymore "In the Making Of". I'm really disappointed as I enjoyed reading them, ie: humor, behind the scenes , what's going on in his life, etc., even his ice cream recipes. Yummm!

I wonder if it was how malicious and unpleasant the comments had gotten lately. The comments section on his blog had become a sad commentary on human nature and the nature of fans and the attitude of what each wanted as the only thing that mattered and "damn everyone to hell" that didn't share that viewpoint.

What do you think?
    Last edited by star47; 24 January 2006, 07:21 PM. Reason: misspelled word
    EXPLORING THE POSSIBILITIES, ONE STARGATE AT A TIME

Originally posted by star47
    Hi:

I just read on Joe Mallozzi's blog that he was closing it and would not be blogging anymore. Also, will probably not be returning to the Q & A Threads. And also will not be doing anymore "In the Making Of". I'm really disappointed as I enjoyed reading them, ie: humor, behind the scenes , what's going on in his life, etc., even his ice cream recipes. Yummm!

I wonder if it was how malicious and unpleasant the comments had gotten lately. The comments section on his blog had become a sad commentary on human nature and the nature of fans and the attitude of what each wanted as the only thing that mattered and "damn everyone to hell" that didn't share that viewpoint.

What do you think?
    All I know is that I stopped reading the comments in his blog a long time ago. Maybe he did, too, or perhaps he just had too much on his plate these days GW blog as well. I'm sure he's a very busy man!

Comment

I guess someone finally crossed the line. Huh. Gotta say, I'm surprised it took him this long. He held out for a good long while and kudos to him for that.

I'll be curious to see the fallout from this.

Comment

I really hope someone replaces him, someone as important as him. But I doubt it.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Seshat
          All I know is that I stopped reading the comments in his blog a long time ago. Maybe he did, too, or perhaps he just had too much on his plate these days GW blog as well. I'm sure he's a very busy man!
          If it was just the blog, that'd be one thing, but it sounds like he's severing all ties with Gateworld. Or at least the fandom side of GW.

Is he pulling out of other sites as well?

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
            If it was just the blog, that'd be one thing, but it sounds like he's severing all ties with Gateworld. Or at least the fandom side of GW.
            I honestly think he's been promoted to a bigger and more important position, co-showrunner maybe. Who knows, it's possible.
            sigpic

Comment

It is interesting that he is leaving after 7 years of visiting the forums in different capacities. My guess is that someone behind the scenes may be starting to reign things in - trying to stem the tide of rhetoric, ugly insults about actors, PTB and writers, etc, talking about how bad the show is now, people were reacting very strongly and a lot of times very negatively to almost everything JM said.

In a way I am kind of hopeful that maybe it is the new owners (those that bought the show from Sony) telling everyone behind the scenes to pull back to control spoilers and everything else that is being said (and a small hope that maybe they really let things get back to the "real root" of what Stargate was all about). I kind of thought this about someone trying to reign things in when I saw the transcript of the recent AT chat. She is ususally more forthcoming with tidbits about the show but she did not say anything at all about S10 or even S9 so my suspicion then was that she had been told not to say anything and no questions about it were really asked so they may have been told before hand not to ask those types of questions. It will be interesting if we see the same kind of thing from the actors at Cons and in articles and interviews.

Comment

Well, crap. The comments on the blog (sane people excluded) ranged from stupid to vicious, but I enjoyed Joe's entries. And, I loved the answers in the thread. Shoot. Now I'll never know which character he identifies with the most.

pull back to control spoilers
                Ack! Ack! If this is true what will I do without my spoiler fix? I live for the spoilers.
                I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Originally posted by binkpmmc
                  She is ususally more forthcoming with tidbits about the show but she did not say anything at all about S10 or even S9 so my suspicion then was that she had been told not to say anything and no questions about it were really asked so they may have been told before hand not to ask those types of questions. It will be interesting if we see the same kind of thing from the actors at Cons and in articles and interviews.
                  Should make for a very interesting time in Vancouver this March. I think that's a pretty good guess (about those involved possibly being told to pull back on the spoilers), binkpmmc.

Comment

I doubt it has anything to do with the idiots posting in the comments. Disabling the comment section would have solved that.

It's possible that he is stopping it because he simply doesn't have time anymore...

Comment

I understand the hole not doing the blog and being busy and stuff, but then their is the hole pulling out of everything. Like someone else already asked, is he doing this with all the sites?

I realy don't care, just as long as he's still going to be with the show.
                      *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
                      *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
                      *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
                      *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
                      *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
                      *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
                      *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

Personally, I'm really glad Joe's pulling back. It was fun to read his blog and I enjoyed his humor, but his comments just seemed to be the spark to set off Lord of the Flies type of nastiness over on the comments area of his blog. I found it apalling how bad it would get over there toward the actors as well as other fans.

And personally, I think too many spoilers get out for SG-1 as it is, so if that's part of it, I'm glad about that too. But of course, I'm just speculating.

It is curious that he didn't give any reason for stopping. Not that he owes us one, but it is curious.

Comment

Spoilers schmoilers. All I wanted was an ICE CREAM RECIPE! You know, add x cups of cream, mix in x cups of sugar, throw in x cups of [insert delectable yummy here], freeze and eat. Damn, the man is more tight lipped about what goes into his ice cream concoctions than any spoilers on SG1 or Atlantis. So unfair!

Who knows why Joe decided to throw in the towel. Maybe it was the nasty fan comments, maybe he's got too much to do, maybe he decided that this avenue of fan interaction wasn't working for him. I'm sad to see him go.

Comment

Ice cream recipes.

He never did get around to posting one or two of those dangit.

As for the whys? Could be just no time, could be reigning in spoilers, could be a combination thereof, could be another yet unthought of reason...Who knows?

All I know is I'll miss his snarky sense o' humor and the tidbits he'd share.

You'll be missed Joe.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

as i said in his blog, it makes me very sad to see him go.

i wish he'd just turn off his blog comments (if that's the reason he wants to stop). but i want him to continue the blogs and the making ofs.

sally
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X