This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ATLANTIS Technology unbelievable?

In New Order (8-01) Thor tells of how Asgaurd scientists studied the ancient repositoy of knowledge and barely scratched the surface, if the asguard barely scratched the surface what possible chance do we have

It took the ancients millions of years to establish there empire throughout many galaxies,in the span of 10 years we can already travel to other galaxies granted... we've had alittle help though we have designed our own ship capable of traveling across the galaxy (F-302). In atlantis season one when the Wraith are going to destroy atlantis Weir asks Mckay how much of the ancient repository could they possibly take back with them and he anwser's 9-10%. How is this possible when we know that even EVERY replicator mind couldn't handle that much data

I don't know does anyone else see this major difference in weapon's technology also, like we've come across other worlds that use weapons that are within are reach yet in Atlantis there still carrying p-90's which is a very primive weapon

The Agard barely scratched the surfice because they are Asgard and they don't carrey the gene. We can turn on and operate stuff they could never turn on. IMO.

Lost me in the relicator stuff. Dont remember that at all.

The P90 is not a primative weapon. It's an effective weapon.
    *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
    *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
    *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
    *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
    *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
    *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
    *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

Originally posted by adk06
      In atlantis season one when the Wraith are going to destroy atlantis Weir asks Mckay how much of the ancient repository could they possibly take back with them and he anwser's 9-10%. How is this possible when we know that even EVERY replicator mind couldn't handle that much data
      Because the Ancient database doesn't contain all the knowledge of the Ancients, also, how do we know how much information a replicator can store? They probably weren't designed to store data on such a large scale anyway...

Comment

The "Ancient" knowledge that the replicators were trying to take from Daniel that there weren't enough of them to process was nothing like the repository of knowledge. It was knowledge of the ascended, which goes far far far far beyond even anything in Atlantis or the ancient repository.

Comment

it'll take earth prolly 100000000x longer to decipher it than the asgard

Comment

ah about the asguard not having the gene, if we can devise a gene therapy i'm sure they could to

Comment

The Asgard and us (by us i mean humans) approach it differently, the Asgard go through everything academically. We just get our hands in, sometimes to drastic affect, but that’s the plotline on many an episode.

sigpic

Comment

...and perhaps if the Asgard added the Ancient gene to there cloning process they wouldn't have so many problems. they stip may do.

Perhaps ancient tech is already able to be used by the Asgard, a perk of an alliance.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by adk06
                  ah about the asguard not having the gene, if we can devise a gene therapy i'm sure they could to

Isn't the gene part of every human, just a case of whether it is active or not? Which is what the therapy does, activates the gene. In which case the asgard, not being human, won't have this.

Even if the therapy did just add the gene, it probably wouldn't be possible with the asgard as they are a different race altogether.

Comment

Not everyone has the gene, since there are many times (particularly in Rising) where people would say "he/she/it has the gene!"

Comment

I like the idea that the Asguard come to atlantis to protect it and gather the info they need to solve there cloning problems but back on topic
                      shouldn't the ancients be millions of years more advanced then us, even the asguard they should look at our weapons that shoot metal and laugh and if I have this right
                      the ancients started in Ori Galaxy, came to Milky way galaxy got ravished by a plague (possibly by the ori), went to pegasus (seeing there was no evitable life they seeded PG) OR wiped out all races currently living there (evil ancients theory) then they lost the war with the wraith and came back to earth 10,000 years ago

I mean like the tollan considered us primitive, and to the ancients or Asguard they were primitive. So that leaves us as mere ants amoung ants. but then how we come so far so soon? could this be the producer's way of initiating that we were meant to rapidly become "the fifth race"

Comment

wier never asked mckay about the Ancient db it was zelenka, and it was the stuff they had translated, not the entire db.

f-302s arent capable of going across a galaxy, thats the prommie and daeddy, and their huyperdrives are from other races

Comment

The asgard have a hard time understanding things outside the box. They can't really think unconventionally, which means that anything they don't already understand or can't be taught they would have trouble understanding.

Comment

Originally posted by Atlantis1
                            The way I understand the gene part is that all humans carry the gene but it is very rare for it to be active. They had tested McKay already by the beginning of The Rising PT 1. He came up negative. Dr Becketts therapy was a way to try to activate the gene. The therapy did not work on everyone though as Zelenka had it several times and it did not take. I came away from watching Hot Zone with the feeling the gene was there but for some reason some peoples genes didn't respond and Beckett at the time didn't know why.
                            no humans only sometimes have the gene, Becketts gene therapy is a way of artificially intorducing it, through a virus-like intoduction into the system.

Comment

Have we really seen that much tech from them? Ok, we've seen the Stargate, ring system, puddle jumpers, nice weapon systems.. oh, and a city that can fly. Ok, that is somewhat unbelievable. But the rest seems within the realm of possibility if there is such a thing on Sci-Fi show.

Comment

Working...
                              X