PDA

View Full Version : FREE O'Neill figure!!! & Help for Members not in US

Gen. O'Neill
January 24th, 2006, 02:22 PM
thats right, in http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=168&itemid=8677 it said that during free comic book day in MAY of 06, comic book stores (make sure you ask if they have first) will give away an O'Neill figure along with free comc books. the O'Neill is the offworld with a black shirt. i know i will go and get one when may comes. :jack:

WraithWarrior
January 25th, 2006, 05:53 AM
^Kool. I have a problem though seeing as I live in the UK, so I dont suppose you could get me one and Ill pay you for the postage and packing of it to be sent. plz :jack_new_anime18:

HirogenGater
January 25th, 2006, 08:17 AM
Wow, I wonder if it will come with any accessories. And how come these are available in May but Wave 1 won't be until June-Sept? I think they are purposely trying to tease me.

WraithWarrior
January 25th, 2006, 08:20 AM
It will prob be a taster figure, but hey who cares? :D Well get one in May, so we dont have to wait as long

the fifth man
January 25th, 2006, 10:01 PM
Cool! That works for me.

HirogenGater
January 26th, 2006, 09:35 AM
I hope they release a Jackson figure in this outfit also T'ealc and Sam in Wave two. When will DST reveal all their variants?

knightone
January 26th, 2006, 10:50 AM
If there are more variants, and i'm not saying there will be more, they will be revealed as retailers are finalized to handle each individual variant. Currently we know about the Regular Jack, General Jack, Regular Daniel, and the Jaffa as they are the core assortment and will be available to all retailers that deal with DST. We know about Black Ops O'Neill as that is a Previews exclusive, which is handled by Diamond's sister company, so it's basically an in-house exclusive. Previews exclusives usually end up being available to all DST's retailers as well because of that.

If there are to be more variants, it might just be too early in the process for everything to be finalized as far as who will get those exclusives. We'll have to wait and see. The earliest we'd hear anything conclusive would be at Toy Fair next month, but there's no guarantee that there will be news of other variants there. Again, we're forced to play the waiting game. Regardless, the closer we get to the release dates, the more we'll know what's definitely coming our way. But, with at least 5 or 6 months until then, it is just simply too early to know.

HirogenGater
January 27th, 2006, 04:24 PM
^Kool. I have a problem though seeing as I live in the UK, so I dont suppose you could get me one and Ill pay you for the postage and packing of it to be sent. plz :jack_new_anime18:

I'll see what I can do. I am operating under the assumption that my comic store WILL NOT be getting the O'Neills so I may be in the same boat.

Gen. O'Neill
January 27th, 2006, 04:26 PM
i do hope that the O'Neill figure comes with a P-90 at least. this remind me of the mal preview figure from serenity last year. :jack:

the fifth man
January 29th, 2006, 06:07 PM
i do hope that the O'Neill figure comes with a P-90 at least. this remind me of the mal preview figure from serenity last year. :jack:

Yes, a weapon to go along with our O'Neill would be nice. No denying that.

WraithWarrior
January 30th, 2006, 03:29 AM
^I agree the figure cant come on its own

I'll see what I can do. I am operating under the assumption that my comic store WILL NOT be getting the O'Neills so I may be in the same boat.

Its a shame aint it when things like that happen :lol:

HirogenGater
February 9th, 2006, 12:51 PM
Well, I talked to my comic store guy today and he didn't know if he was getting these in. I wish there was a list of stores that will be getting them.

WraithWarrior
February 9th, 2006, 12:55 PM
Yes that would really help, cuz im hopefully gonna be in the US by then and it would help to know where they are gonna have it

Gen. O'Neill
February 9th, 2006, 05:07 PM
did you guys try www.freecomicbookday.com they have a locator to help where to find a comic shop that will be doing the free comic book day. so far i found a few stores in my area that will do it, all i have to is call and check. hopes this help. :jack:

prion
February 9th, 2006, 05:16 PM
Here's the email I got:

Free Comic Book Day is 87 days away!

If you're reading this, then you signed up to receive updates about Free
Comic Book Day on www.FreeComicBookDay.com. If you've changed your mind,
you can find removal instructions at the bottom of this e-mail.

--------------------
FREE COMIC BOOK DAY 2006 IS SATURDAY, MAY 6th!
--------------------

For the fifth consecutive year, comic shops worldwide are joining with
publishers to promote the comic medium and stores everywhere by giving
away FREE COMICS!

This annual event gives you the perfect opportunity to sample the worlds
of wonder available at your local comic book store. From super-heroes to
slice-of-life to action/adventure and beyond, Free Comic Book Day has a
comic book for everyone!

***** FREE? WHAT COMIC BOOKS ARE FREE?

There is a vast array of great comic books this year--something for all
tastes and ages! Visit our website at www.FreeComicBookDay.com to see the
complete list of free books offered on May 6th. Make sure that you
bookmark the website and check it regularly. In the coming weeks, we’ll
keep you updated on who is promoting Free Comic Book Day and how.

***** SO WHERE DO I GET THESE FREE COMIC BOOKS?

That’s a great question with a very simple answer: In April you can find
out who the participating comic shops are in your area! To find one, go to
the site and click on the “Store Locator” link on the left menu. You can
also find the Free Comic Book Day locator directly by going to
http://www.freecomicbookday.com/fcbd_locator.asp.

Enter your zip code, and a list of participating stores will magically
appear.

--------------------
SPREAD THE WORD ABOUT FREE COMIC BOOK DAY!
--------------------

Show your enthusiasm for Free Comic Book Day with baseball caps, polo
shirts, t-shirts, baby doll T-shirts, wristbands, and Free Comic Book Day
postage stamps! Order at your favorite comics shop!

Want to link to us on your own website? Click on
http://www.freecomicbookday.com/links.asp to find nifty Free Comic Book
Day logos.

There are lots of ways to become a Free Comic Book Day evangelist. You can
mention Free Comic Book Day in your e-mail signature. Feature the FCBD
logo at the bottom of eBay auctions. Give the www.FreeComicBookDay.com
address to sites looking for cool links.

Additionally, feel free to download the Free Comic Book Day mini-poster
from our site at http://www.freecomicbookday.com/download/FCBDposter.pdf.

Print it out and hang it on grocery store bulletin boards, college
campuses, and anywhere else you see fit. Tell your friends. Tell your
family. Tell your loved ones. Tell your only-know-by-a-first-name
acquaintances.

--------------------
Remember: Saturday, May 6th is Free Comic Book Day!
--------------------

Please check out the Free Comic Book Day website regularly for updated
information at http://www.FreeComicBookDay.com and if you have any
questions please feel free to contact [email protected]

visual of free Jack O'Neill action figure given away at SOME stores can be
seen at

http://www.freecomicbookday.com/images/promos/Stargate_promo.htm

Commander Jumper
February 9th, 2006, 06:02 PM
Yay there is one just 19 minutes from my house!!! thats 12.01 miles.

Manit's hard to use Mapquest :tealcanime49:

HirogenGater
February 10th, 2006, 06:31 AM
did you guys try www.freecomicbookday.com they have a locator to help where to find a comic shop that will be doing the free comic book day. so far i found a few stores in my area that will do it, all i have to is call and check. hopes this help. :jack:

Thanks for the link.

Elite Anubis Guard
February 12th, 2006, 12:47 AM
Having looked at the gallery on Action-Figure.com I really hope these come up on ebay.co.uk

WraithWarrior
February 12th, 2006, 01:30 PM
I think im gonna preorder them from the net, so I get them at a discount price and as soon as they arrive i stock :). The address to do this is http://store.yahoo.com/timespacetoys/prstsgacfise.html

Hope this is helpful to you EAG, enjoy :)

knightone
February 12th, 2006, 04:40 PM
New Force (http://newforcecomics.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=NFCC&Category_Code=SG1) has even better deals!

Xanderic
February 12th, 2006, 06:12 PM
Noooooo! My U-Pass expires on Apr 30th and the comic day is May 6th!!!! oh well. I'll see if my friend will drive :D.

WraithWarrior
February 13th, 2006, 02:08 AM
Kool, Im gonna order the 2 sets. Do they ship their products abroard cuz I couldnt find any info on shipping

HirogenGater
February 13th, 2006, 07:50 AM
Kool, Im gonna order the 2 sets. Do they ship their products abroard cuz I couldnt find any info on shipping

You mean NewForce? I'm pretty sure they do, but shoot off an email to Rick from NewForce to be sure.

HirogenGater
February 13th, 2006, 07:51 AM
Noooooo! My U-Pass expires on Apr 30th and the comic day is May 6th!!!! oh well. I'll see if my friend will drive :D.

What's a U-Pass?

WraithWarrior
February 13th, 2006, 07:52 AM
Yeah I mean new force. I figured they did but just wanted to be sure before I preorder them. Have you got an email address I can contact him with

Thanks

Elite Anubis Guard
February 13th, 2006, 08:06 AM
God...I wish I could get one of those free figures....*looks down all sad*

WraithWarrior
February 13th, 2006, 10:43 AM
^Where bout in England you from?

Elite Anubis Guard
February 13th, 2006, 12:07 PM
Derbys..in the middle.

HirogenGater
February 13th, 2006, 12:18 PM
Derbys..in the middle.

Did you try Forbidden Planet?

HirogenGater
February 13th, 2006, 12:20 PM
Yeah I mean new force. I figured they did but just wanted to be sure before I preorder them. Have you got an email address I can contact him with

Thanks

[email protected]

Address it to Rick. He's a great guy, type of guy willing to bend over backwards for you. I've used him for Trek, Farscape and Muppets stuff.

Elite Anubis Guard
February 13th, 2006, 12:30 PM
Did you try Forbidden Planet?
Isn't the free one only for that thing in US?

WraithWarrior
February 13th, 2006, 12:37 PM

Yeah I think it is, but I was wonderin cuz Ill hopefully be in the states by then and I could bring you one back if you wanted, Im gonna be there for bout 4 months, but when I get back, I could meet you somewhere and give it to you cuz I only live in Stoke (bout 30 mins drive if that)

Thanks alot HG, ill have to email him

Elite Anubis Guard
February 13th, 2006, 12:46 PM
Well that'd be ****ing awesome, but what if I mailed you a package or something for you to send it to me?

HirogenGater
February 13th, 2006, 01:06 PM

Sorry, I thought you meant wave one since WW was talking about that.

Gen. O'Neill
February 13th, 2006, 02:16 PM
i think you guys should talk about the sg-1 figures somewhere else. this is for the free O'Neill figure, if you don't mind. :jack:

WraithWarrior
February 13th, 2006, 02:41 PM
Sorry for the confusion guys :S

Yeah ok EAG, Ill have to see whether Ive got enough money to go to the states in the Summer otherwise Im in the same position as you are. We might have to ask someone else :), I hope not but Ill let you know what Im doin when it gets a bit closer to the time

HirogenGater
February 13th, 2006, 04:38 PM
i think you guys should talk about the sg-1 figures somewhere else. this is for the free O'Neill figure, if you don't mind. :jack:

Actualy they are, I misunderstood.

Xanderic
February 13th, 2006, 10:35 PM
What's a U-Pass?
It's a bus pass for University students. We pay like $20 per month for it.

Elite Anubis Guard
February 13th, 2006, 10:50 PM
Sorry for the confusion guys :S

Yeah ok EAG, Ill have to see whether Ive got enough money to go to the states in the Summer otherwise Im in the same position as you are. We might have to ask someone else :), I hope not but Ill let you know what Im doin when it gets a bit closer to the time

OK, that's awesome.

WraithWarrior
February 14th, 2006, 06:32 AM
I really hope I can get to go, Ive set my heart on it now :) and I really hope I can get the figure. Does anyone know whet accessories if any will come with it or is it just the figure alone?

HirogenGater
February 14th, 2006, 09:08 AM
I think it will just be the figure with no accessories. I hope I can get my hands on one. If I don't, I have a feeling these will go for big bucks on ebay.

Elite Anubis Guard
February 14th, 2006, 09:13 AM
Ye, I hope you go to. :)

WraithWarrior
February 14th, 2006, 10:31 AM
It would be better if they came with accessories but who cares if its free :)

Elite Anubis Guard
February 14th, 2006, 11:27 AM
Lol, beggars cant be choosers.

xfkirsten
February 14th, 2006, 11:47 AM
Sweet! The comic book store across the street from my apartment is participating! Does anyone know if all the stores participating inf Free Comic Book day are giving out the action figure? Or just some of them?

HirogenGater
February 14th, 2006, 12:17 PM
Sweet! The comic book store across the street from my apartment is participating! Does anyone know if all the stores participating inf Free Comic Book day are giving out the action figure? Or just some of them?

When I talked to my comic store, the guy didn't know. I don't think they will know until May 6th.

Gen. O'Neill
February 14th, 2006, 12:29 PM
^ me too, i called a comic book store near me, and they said there doing free comic book day, but not sure about the figures. they told me to check back later to make sure, i hope they do. just in case, is it possable to get more than one O'Neill figure? :jack:

-Jules-
February 14th, 2006, 01:08 PM
Cool! Thanks for the links everyone. :cool:

WraithWarrior
February 14th, 2006, 03:18 PM
^ me too, i called a comic book store near me, and they said there doing free comic book day, but not sure about the figures. they told me to check back later to make sure, i hope they do. just in case, is it possable to get more than one O'Neill figure? :jack:

If you mean can you get more han one free O Neill, I think you would have to go to a different shop but yeah, I would have thought it could be done :)

Gen. O'Neill
February 14th, 2006, 06:34 PM
yeah i was think of getting a couple of them, maybe three or four O'Neill's. in case anyone wants one where no one can't get them. :jack:

the fifth man
February 14th, 2006, 06:50 PM
I know I'm going to be searching around until I find a comic store in my area that will have the O'Neill figures. I will not be denied.:)

WraithWarrior
February 15th, 2006, 07:22 AM
DAMN! DAMN! DAMN! and DAMN! :) Ive just found out how much the flights will cost to get to the states and unless I find a job, it dont look like Ill be goin :(, so if I give you some money General ONeill could you send me one through the post. :) pretty plz?:)

Gen. O'Neill
February 15th, 2006, 09:36 AM
sure if i can get some O'Neills from the comic store, i might do it. :jack:

Gen. O'Neill
February 15th, 2006, 09:56 AM
ok to anyone who is going to free comic book in the states on Saturday MAY 06, 06, it would be great of you guys if you can get extras of the O'Neill figure from your local comic book stores. it would be a great help out your fellow board members who cannot go, will you guys help out? i know i will since i live in FL, so i'll try to help. :jack:

sueKay
February 15th, 2006, 10:25 AM
^ what he said :D

I'll pay postage and packaging to anyone who can pick me up one :D

WraithWarrior
February 15th, 2006, 10:38 AM
Yep me 2. I just want a figure and am willing to pay P&P to anyone who can get me 1:)

Thanks GeneralONeill, thanks a lot :D

WraithWarrior
February 15th, 2006, 10:41 AM
Thank you SOOOOOOOOOOO much. Id give you some green but I need to spread it round more first :)

Xanderic
February 15th, 2006, 10:41 AM
It would be better if they came with accessories but who cares if its free :)
hehe. I was telling my friend about this the other day. I was saying that we should hit all the stores and get free O'Neill toys and with one of them I'd cut an X in his belly and stick a worm in it. In another. I'll stick a speaker connected to a player and have him blurt out random words that no one knows. and then I said too bad Ba'al toys weren't given out. I could roll them up and bounce them. Then, my friend, she said we could have made ba'al throw toothpicks at O'Neil :lol: personalized accessories :p

WraithWarrior
February 15th, 2006, 12:10 PM
:lol: I like the tooth pick idea :)

Xanderic
February 15th, 2006, 02:17 PM
I noticed the title got changed to add "Help for members not in the US" I'm pretty sure the comic book day is in Canada too. If it isn't, i'll be pissed.

WraithWarrior
February 15th, 2006, 02:52 PM
Well at least Ill get one now even though I dont live in the US cuz General O'Neill and is clever thinkin :) Thanks btw :D

Anyone know who changed the thread?

Gen. O'Neill
February 15th, 2006, 03:06 PM
who ever change the title, i dont mind. i thought maybe if i made another thread regarding the figue not being in the other countries where no one can't get them, then i would ask the ones who are going to have the figure to get some extras for the other members. so who ever did this thanks. :jack:

but again, any of you who are in the us and canada and are able to get the O'Neill figure, can you guys be able to get extras? as much i would like to get a box of them, i think i can get no more than five or six of them. so if you can try to get a few of them, thanks for the help. :jack:

WraithWarrior
February 15th, 2006, 03:10 PM
Yeah and thanks once again General O'Neill :D

Xanderic
February 15th, 2006, 03:28 PM
I'll have to wait until April to give you answer on that because when I typed in my postal code on one page, 3 comics stores returned but on another page 7 comics stores returned. My friend and I are thinking to hit all of them if possible :p and get 7 figures each :p

WraithWarrior
February 16th, 2006, 12:49 AM
Nice idea :)

Gen. O'Neill
February 16th, 2006, 02:06 PM
i got some bad news, for the past three days i have been calling this one comic book store to see if they will have the O'Neill figure, and they won't have it :(. but on the other hand i called another store to see if they have it, of course they will check. im surpised that no one knows about the figure, they know about the comics but not the figures, especially the O'Neill figure. is it because it is too early? or DST change thier minds? either way i keep checking. :jack:

Xanderic
February 16th, 2006, 02:14 PM
i got some bad news, for the past three days i have been calling this one comic book store to see if they will have the O'Neill figure, and they won't have it :(. but on the other hand i called another store to see if they have it, of course they will check. im surpised that no one knows about the figure, they know about the comics but not the figures, especially the O'Neill figure. is it because it is too early? or DST change thier minds? either way i keep checking. :jack:
I think it's much much too early. They know about the comics since it's an annual thing but the toys are promo items so they probably don't know about the promos yet.

Gen. O'Neill
February 16th, 2006, 02:39 PM
i guess i have to wait till APRIL and check free comic book day.com to see what comic shops might have them. :jack:

WraithWarrior
February 16th, 2006, 03:23 PM
I read somewhere that they dont know what they will have til pretty much that day, so as for finding out, you'll prob be very lucky to find out, but Im sure you'll find somewhere:) unlike me :(

HirogenGater
February 16th, 2006, 07:02 PM
I read somewhere that they dont know what they will have til pretty much that day, so as for finding out, you'll prob be very lucky to find out, but Im sure you'll find somewhere:) unlike me :(

Exactly, most have no idea what they are getting.

Xanderic
February 16th, 2006, 10:43 PM
I've never been to a previous Free Comic Day before. Does anyone know if all the stores have all the comics that are listed or are they random comics per store?

Elite Anubis Guard
February 16th, 2006, 11:08 PM
Well that's me out the running. I aint got paypal so I can't send money abroad.

WraithWarrior
February 17th, 2006, 01:18 AM
What do you mean?

HirogenGater
February 17th, 2006, 06:08 AM
I've never been to a previous Free Comic Day before. Does anyone know if all the stores have all the comics that are listed or are they random comics per store?

I got the impression from my comic book guy it was random.

WraithWarrior
February 17th, 2006, 09:17 AM
^Well that could be a problem gettin the figures then if they are random :)

Xanderic
February 17th, 2006, 05:57 PM
Damz I want the Archie, Simpsons, Donald Duck and Xmen comics! If it's random then I definately will have to hit all the stores I can find.:cool:

Elite Anubis Guard
February 18th, 2006, 12:19 AM
Well that's me out the running. I aint got paypal so I can't send money abroad.
I cant send money to people over shores since I dont have paypal or anything like that. So I cant pay for postage.

WraithWarrior
February 18th, 2006, 02:03 AM
I cant send money to people over shores since I dont have paypal or anything like that. So I cant pay for postage.

well isnt payPal free to sign up for. I never payed to get a payPal account. Not sure how you would send money to someone for P&P cuz I only ever use it for eBay but I have seen a box thing where you can add money to your payPal account (Im taking it from your bank account) and then you must be able to send it to people that way. Hope that helped :)

Damz I want the Archie, Simpsons, Donald Duck and Xmen comics! If it's random then I definately will have to hit all the stores I can find.

Me thinks you better get up early in the mornin then :D

pickard
February 20th, 2006, 05:05 AM
I don't believe the comic selection is at all random.

These comics aren't free to retailers. They have to pay for them, though obviously greatly discounted. Thus, they have to place orders. Normal ordering through Diamond, the comic distributor who services most comic shops in the US, is done two months ahead of time. I don't know if that schedule is different for FCBD.

So, this tells us two things are likely.
Retailers will decide whether they're carrying the O'Neil figure, and they'll have to do so by the first week in March.
Retailers will not want to give away multiple figures to a single "customer". In my experience, they limit the free comics, and they'll be paying significantly more for the O'Neil figure.

WraithWarrior
February 20th, 2006, 07:17 AM
Well I didnt know they had to pay for them and at least we will know soon then :) but I didnt mean get multiple figures from the same store, I meant get one from each store and go to several stores :D sorry bout the confusion

pickard
February 20th, 2006, 07:41 AM
No confusion. You were clear in what you were saying.

I think these are going to be hard to get. Though many of us will try to score multiples to help out other members who don't have an opportunity to acquire one, I just wanted to dispel any expectation that we'll be able to get a few from our local comic shop.

WraithWarrior
February 20th, 2006, 08:39 AM
Yes, I think they will be and if you cant get any, at least there will be loads on eBay :)

Thanks

HirogenGater
February 20th, 2006, 09:00 AM
Yes, I think they will be and if you cant get any, at least there will be loads on eBay :)

Thanks

Yes, these will be difficult to get and they will most likely fetch high prices on ebay. :(

WraithWarrior
February 21st, 2006, 02:20 AM
Welll thats where I will look if I cant get them anywhere else :D

HirogenGater
February 21st, 2006, 01:22 PM
Welll thats where I will look if I cant get them anywhere else :D

Oh I know, I just think it's a shame how much some items go for on ebay. People just bid outrageous amounts for items. Good example is the Hal Jordan Green Lantern Justice League Unlimited figure. That went for roughly $400.

WraithWarrior
February 21st, 2006, 02:37 PM
:jack_new_anime05: :jack_new_anime05: :jack_new_anime05: $400:samanime24: :samanime24: :samanime24: :samanime24:

I dont think Ill be gettin it if it goes for that much :)

HirogenGater
February 21st, 2006, 02:57 PM
Neither will I, it would be easier and cheaper just to make a custom.

Elite Anubis Guard
February 22nd, 2006, 12:09 AM
I hope some get put on Ebay.

WraithWarrior
February 22nd, 2006, 06:56 AM
I want them to be put as buy it now, Id much prefer that to bidding as it is definately yours if you buy it now, bidding can be so bad

Gen. O'Neill
February 23rd, 2006, 09:18 AM
i was thinking, when do you guys think i should call my comic shops about the O'Neill figure? i really want to get one and i don't want to get it on ebay. :jack:

WraithWarrior
February 23rd, 2006, 10:24 AM
If I were you, Id call as soon as posiible to asee what they say. They might already know if they are goin to have it but if not, they will tell you when to call back to find out

Gen. O'Neill
February 23rd, 2006, 10:37 AM
i did that two weeks ago, i called two comic shops that are close to me. one of them didn't know FCBD were given out toys. so after three days of calling and checking; they said they won't have them. i called another shop, the other one didn't know about it either, he just found out just like the other one, so he will check to see if they will have them. so far no one knows they were being given away. so if any thing, i check back in about a month see if they will have them. thanks for the help. :jack:

WraithWarrior
February 23rd, 2006, 11:33 AM
Yeah thats probly the best thing to do and its ok, thats what we are here to do, help fellow fans when they need it :D

Gen. O'Neill
March 2nd, 2006, 08:08 AM
So any news yet about the free O'Neill figure in your area or on the net? :jack:

prion
March 2nd, 2006, 08:20 AM
I hope some get put on Ebay.

Heh, well, that's a no-brainer. People who don't even care about Staregate are going to grab them at the comic shops and eBay them as soon as they get home.

Elite Anubis Guard
March 2nd, 2006, 08:54 AM
Hey Wraith, could you get someone to send you an extra one and then I'll reinbersh you along with sending package to ya?

WraithWarrior
March 3rd, 2006, 07:26 AM
Hey Wraith, could you get someone to send you an extra one and then I'll reinbersh you along with sending package to ya?

Yeah sure, if I can get someone who can get them. Ill be happy to :D

Elite Anubis Guard
March 3rd, 2006, 09:58 AM
Danke.

WraithWarrior
March 3rd, 2006, 10:25 AM
Not sure what that means but Im presuming it means Thank You, so its ok. Its not really gonna be a prob for me to do that plus if it helps a fellow SG fan then its worth it :D

HirogenGater
March 3rd, 2006, 10:46 AM
I'm getting worried I won't be able to find one of these.

WraithWarrior
March 3rd, 2006, 12:01 PM
Well if you cant, then GW members are gonna try get as many as possible so you will be able get 1 off them.

Elite Anubis Guard
March 4th, 2006, 12:12 AM
Not sure what that means but Im presuming it means Thank You, so its ok. Its not really gonna be a prob for me to do that plus if it helps a fellow SG fan then its worth it :D

It's thanks in german.

WraithWarrior
March 4th, 2006, 01:39 AM
Kool and like I said, Id me than happy to :D

NoisyDvL5
March 9th, 2006, 07:38 PM
Okay folks, I skimmed this thread and didn't see this information so I'll chime in.

Most of us know by now that the Free stuff on FCBD isn't free to the retailers and the Jack figure is no exception. I was told retailers were being charged $25 for a bag of 10 figures. I'm not sure what the cut off order date is for these, but if you have a decent comic shop guy - and most of us do- I imagine that you can get them to pick up a whole bag for you if you're willing to pay for it.

Also, from my past experience with these more expensive "freebies" is that most shops skip them. So make sure you ask!

HirogenGater
March 10th, 2006, 06:34 AM
Okay folks, I skimmed this thread and didn't see this information so I'll chime in.

Most of us know by now that the Free stuff on FCBD isn't free to the retailers and the Jack figure is no exception. I was told retailers were being charged $25 for a bag of 10 figures. I'm not sure what the cut off order date is for these, but if you have a decent comic shop guy - and most of us do- I imagine that you can get them to pick up a whole bag for you if you're willing to pay for it.

Also, from my past experience with these more expensive "freebies" is that most shops skip them. So make sure you ask!
Interesting, thanks for the tip. I will have to check back with my comic store guy.

Gen. O'Neill
March 10th, 2006, 06:58 AM
^ yeah i should check mines too, hopfully they have them. i never knew they came in bags, thats some cool insight thanks. :jack:

WraithWarrior
March 10th, 2006, 02:35 PM
Thanks for that, whats the point in it being called a free comic book day if they arent free, ppphh :lol:

HirogenGater
March 10th, 2006, 06:30 PM
Thanks for that, whats the point in it being called a free comic book day if they arent free, ppphh :lol:
You got me on that one:)

drjacksonfan
March 10th, 2006, 07:21 PM
i think i'll send the local comic shops a little email to see what' s up.

Trek_Girl42
March 10th, 2006, 11:08 PM
Anyone know if these figures will be available in Canada, or is it just a U.S. thing?.....I checked my local shop's website but it's not very helpful.....:jack:

WraithWarrior
March 11th, 2006, 02:43 AM
I would think that its just a US thing, but am not sure

HirogenGater
March 11th, 2006, 05:14 AM
Yeah, I think they are doing this only in the US.

Wlykyoti
March 18th, 2006, 06:22 PM
Free Comic Book DAy is a world wide event. If your local store decides to participate they will have free comics but it is up to each store what they want to do and which books they want to offer. I don't know for sure on the figures as these sometimes will not be available overseas anyway (through Previews anyway). I do know that a lot of stores probaly won't carry the figure because of the price. The comics are only 10-25 cents each but the figures are 2.50 each. When catering to the masses it's cheaper to go for more comics than figures.

LISA

HirogenGater
March 19th, 2006, 08:59 AM
I'd be willing to pay for the free comic book day O'Neill figure. As long as it's reasonable.

Gen. O'Neill
March 22nd, 2006, 02:39 PM
just a few questions, does anybody here live in the FL? also does anybody live in NY? im asking because i am going on a trip to NY in the end of april and ill be coming back to FL the day after free comic book day. now that is the problem, so if anyone lives in FL can someone be able to get me a O'Neill figure? i will pay for shipping. and can someone tell me if there's free comic book day in NY? that way i can get from there. thanks for the help. :jack:

drjacksonfan
March 22nd, 2006, 07:37 PM
what part of ny?

Gen. O'Neill
March 23rd, 2006, 08:29 AM
don't know but i heard it is somewhere in jersey across from the city. i just want to know if they are going have free comic book day there. :jack:

Wlykyoti
March 23rd, 2006, 04:59 PM
Free Comic Book Day is a worldwide event. Any shop that chooses to participate will have free comics (and perhaps figures). It is up to each store which free books they carry. Since retailers do have to pay a small price for the "Free Comics" some opt to not participate. However there is bound to be several stores in NY that will be participating check here when you know where you are going http://csls.diamondcomics.com/

Also if anyone is checking with stores to see if they will have figures and they say they don't know...then they probably won't have them as the time to order has passed.

Good Luck to everyone :jack_new_anime07:
LISA

Gen. O'Neill
March 23rd, 2006, 05:41 PM
thanks for the help, since no store in my area doesn't know about the figures; then i guess they wont have them. it would really sucks if all the comic shop doesn't have them and there won't be no free O'Neill's this year :(, is it because there is a small demand? or the shops are not interested? but in any case when i get to NY i will call and check and hopefully they will have them, wish me luck :cool:. :jack:

Wlykyoti
March 23rd, 2006, 05:56 PM
Well part of the problem is the figures cost the retailer quite a bit more than the comics do (25.00 for 10 figures or just a few cents a piece for the comics) so a lot of smaller shops would rather get more comics.
If you are in this area of NY I'd recommend this store as a good chance of them having the figures http://www.google.com/local?hl=en&hs=oZw&lr=&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&q=comic+store&near=New+York,+NY&radius=0.0&latlng=40714167,-74006389,7309971966274736775&sa=X&oi=local&ct=result&cd=0
They are big and tend to have sci-fi type stuff too.
Good Luck
LISA

thanks for the help, since no store in my area doesn't know about the figures; then i guess they wont have them. it would really sucks if all the comic shop doesn't have them and there won't be no free O'Neill's this year :(, is it because there is a small demand? or the shops are not interested? but in any case when i get to NY i will call and check and hopefully they will have them, wish me luck :cool:. :jack:

WraithWarrior
March 23rd, 2006, 11:30 PM
Well thats a pain in the as$$ then aint it, it started out to look like all comic shops would have them and now only a very few comic shops will actually have them :(

Gen. O'Neill
March 28th, 2006, 06:32 PM
does naybody else know if there comic shops will have this figure? so far i will check some more shops soon, but i think none of my shops in FL are not interested in it :(. :jack:

NoisyDvL5
March 28th, 2006, 09:47 PM
I offered to pay cost for mine and to buy any leftovers if all 10 (from the bag) didn't sell.

After that my comic shop had no problem ordering them because I am footing pretty much all of the bill. I haven't paid $2.50 for a figure in 20 years so I didn't really mind. :)

Wlykyoti
March 29th, 2006, 05:39 PM
I just got word that Diamond announced that it "wasn't too late to order your FCBD Stargate figure". SO I would suggest going to your local shop ASAP and ask them about the figure & perhaps offer to buy the whole pack of 10 if they would order them for you. I've been hooked up :-)

LISA:jack:

Gen. O'Neill
March 29th, 2006, 07:09 PM
^^ man!! you two are lucky :D, well if theres still time to order them; then i just make a call to the comic shop in NY to see if they will have them. if anything ill also pay for mines and whatever else is left. :jack:

Gen. O'Neill
April 5th, 2006, 11:24 AM
so just an update, is everyone going to pay for their FCBD O'Neill figure now? if so, then i guess the O'Neill figure is not "free" anymore huh :D? well i hope some of you who are going to buy a bag of these can help out fellow gateworld members:D. :jack:

WraithWarrior
April 6th, 2006, 12:58 PM
so just an update, is everyone going to pay for their FCBD O'Neill figure now? if so, then i guess the O'Neill figure is not "free" anymore huh :D? well i hope some of you who are going to buy a bag of these can help out fellow gateworld members:D. :jack:

Yeah me too. I will pay for the figure plus postage and packaging if someone can get a spare figure for me

Gen. O'Neill
April 28th, 2006, 09:31 AM
so in six days till free comic day, and till we get the O'Neill figure. is everybody ready to get him? im almost found a shop thet might have him, so ill keep checking. :jack:

WraithWarrior
April 28th, 2006, 11:42 AM
Ive got no hope unless one of you guys will be kind enough to get one for me and Ill give you the money for P&P and the actual figure

Gen. O'Neill
April 28th, 2006, 12:12 PM
well if i can find one that will have it then i will get a couple for you and others, ONLY if i can ill be making some calls tomarrow morning since im already in NY right now. :jack:

WraithWarrior
April 28th, 2006, 02:05 PM
well if i can find one that will have it then i will get a couple for you and others, ONLY if i can ill be making some calls tomarrow morning since im already in NY right now. :jack:

Thanks alot, just let me know whether you can get one or not :D

HirogenGater
April 28th, 2006, 02:14 PM
I'm looking to get one too. The comic store near me won't have these in.

the fifth man
April 30th, 2006, 07:21 PM
I'm looking to get one too. The comic store near me won't have these in.

The one near me won't either.:( Oh, well.

drjacksonfan
May 1st, 2006, 11:46 AM
just found out no comic shops around here will have him. their reasoning pretty pricey to be giving it out. but they'll have some wolvering heroclix thing. that's nice for the x men thing. if anyone can spare one i'd be glad to pay for figure plus shipping and stuff. it just stinks i live in an area that can be deprived of cool stuff. especially when it involves stargate and stuff. it would really really make my day if someone can hook me up.

Gen. O'Neill
May 1st, 2006, 01:53 PM
hey guys good news, i found four shops in NY who might have the O'Neill figures. two that will check to make sure and two that has them but have to check thier stock. so i keep you guys updated. :jack:

WraithWarrior
May 1st, 2006, 02:28 PM
hey guys good news, i found four shops in NY who might have the O'Neill figures. two that will check to make sure and two that has them but have to check thier stock. so i keep you guys updated. :jack:

Thanks so much :D

Gen. O'Neill
May 1st, 2006, 05:33 PM
hey guys i went to the FCBD site and found this info

All press inquiries should be directed to:

Elissa Lynch
Public Relations Associate
Diamond Comic Distributors
410-560-7100 ext. 389
[email protected]

does anybody know what this for? :jack:

knightone
May 1st, 2006, 06:02 PM
I believe Diamond Comics Distribution, the sister company of DST, are the ones supplying and distributing the merchandise for FCBD. The contact info is for any entity wanting official press information regarding the event. You know, for magazines, websites, etc. Anyone wanting to get the word out.

Gen. O'Neill
May 1st, 2006, 06:14 PM
oh i thought it was to get some O'Neill figures, guess not thanks. :jack:

WraithWarrior
May 2nd, 2006, 12:02 AM
Its a shame it isnt for the free figure cuz then we can all just ring and get one straight from DST :D

HirogenGater
May 2nd, 2006, 06:41 AM
Why would DST make it easy?

Wlykyoti
May 2nd, 2006, 04:55 PM
Got my figures today. Woooo!
I also see one on Ebay already too.

LISA:jack_new_anime07:

Gen. O'Neill
May 2nd, 2006, 05:15 PM
yeah i just saw it, here's a link http://cgi.ebay.com/STARGATE-SG-1-t-shirt-GEN-JACK-ONEILL-ACTION-FIGURE_W0QQitemZ6055748697QQcategoryZ348QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem and link of the pic http://images.marketworks.com/fullView.asp?id=159136756&fc=0&img=http://images.auctionworks.com/hi/12/11916/jack-figure.jpg cool but damn $9.99 i hope i find a shop that will have him. :jack:

HirogenGater
May 2nd, 2006, 07:47 PM

How did you get a free O'Neill already?

WraithWarrior
May 3rd, 2006, 12:05 AM

I thought it was the 6th of May or have I had another weird dream!? *shrugs*

HirogenGater
May 3rd, 2006, 05:58 AM
I thought it was the 6th of May or have I had another weird dream!? *shrugs*

That's what I thought.

WraithWarrior
May 3rd, 2006, 08:58 AM
^Maybe they're preorders for it, or its just that the shops get it earlier but dont give them away until the 6th

Elite Anubis Guard
May 3rd, 2006, 10:11 AM
I hope some pop up on Ebay.co.uk

HirogenGater
May 3rd, 2006, 11:03 AM
I hope some pop up on Ebay.co.uk

Definitely. I also hope these pop up on DST's store.

Gen. O'Neill
May 3rd, 2006, 01:10 PM

what accesories did he come with? from the pic it looks like he has a P90 behind him but i can't tell. is any chance of posting some pics? :jack:

Gen. O'Neill
May 3rd, 2006, 02:24 PM
good news i found a comic shop that will have the free O'Neill figure!! yay im ready for saturday :D. :jack:

WraithWarrior
May 3rd, 2006, 02:44 PM
I also hope they pop up on eBay UK seeing as it would cost too much for the US eBay due to shipping charges and DST dont even ship out of the US

DashRendar
May 3rd, 2006, 02:56 PM
Found a comic shop that will have the figures, but they will have hourly drawings for it, meaning no guarantee I would get one. Hopefully I can find another shop doing it first come, first serve.

Wlykyoti
May 3rd, 2006, 06:38 PM

Well they we're in this weeks shipment which we recieve on Tuesdays to be put on shelves Wednesdays...the FCBD stuff will be held until Saturday. However working for the company has it's privlidges :jack_new_anime04:

And to answer the question about accessories...it's the same as the regular figure somes with (no gate piece) and the WW figure comes with...there are photos in the action figure thread.

LISA

Wlykyoti
May 3rd, 2006, 06:40 PM
^Maybe they're preorders for it, or its just that the shops get it earlier but dont give them away until the 6th

Yep shops got most of the FCBD stuff last week and a few things Tuesday this week. They have to have time to recieve, unpack and review the product before they give it out on the 6th.

LISA

HirogenGater
May 3rd, 2006, 07:11 PM
I hope I can get my hands on one. How much is your store charging for the figure? Is it first come first serve or a raffle?

WraithWarrior
May 4th, 2006, 01:24 AM
Lisa, how much would it be for P&P to the UK if you could do that?

Wlykyoti
May 4th, 2006, 03:49 PM
Unfortunately we aren't carrying them either. I tried to get the store people to get a bundle but at the price it cost us it wasn't justifiable. I got mine by ordering when they were offered from Previews and am paying for them.

LISA

HirogenGater
May 4th, 2006, 05:32 PM
Can anyone please locate one of these for me? My comic store will NOT be carrying the O'Neill. I will pay cost plus shipping.

Gen. O'Neill
May 4th, 2006, 05:45 PM
well again i found a shop that will carry these and if im lucky ill try to get a bag so i can hand out to you guys. for now just have to wait and see, can't wait for saturday only two days left :D! :jack:

WraithWarrior
May 5th, 2006, 12:34 AM
well again i found a shop that will carry these and if im lucky ill try to get a bag so i can hand out to you guys. for now just have to wait and see, can't wait for saturday only two days left :D! :jack:

Thanks again, just let me know if you do manage to get sum :D

BethI
May 6th, 2006, 07:30 PM
I am so angry about this supposed "free" Jack O'Neill figure!

When I went today to my local "participating dealer" they didn't know what I was talking about when I asked for the free Jack O'Neill figure. I went on to contact over a dozen stores in Colorado and Cleveland and only ONE of them even had the figures! And that store told me that in order to get the "free" figure you had to buy $50 in merchandise first!

$50 for a FREE action figure?????

You call THAT FREE??????

After my experience, I went to the free comic book web site to see if there was any mention about the free figures. There was, but it took me some digging until I finally found this remark buried waaaaaaaaaaaay at the bottom of a web page: "Check with your retailer for availability".

News of this supposed "free" giveaway has been all over the Internet for months and NOT ONE article that I had read mentioned that! What were people supposed to think when they go around announcing something for free but don't tell them that not every "participating dealer" will have them?

Does truth in advertising not apply to the Internet?

They should have emphasized in whatever press releases that were made that the "free" figures were NOT available at all "participating" dealers.

I've been anticipating getting the Jack O'Neill figure for months!

I feel totally shafted! http://purpledragonlair.com/miscimages/emoticons/jack_new09.gif

the fifth man
May 6th, 2006, 07:34 PM
I think a lot of us are a little ticked off at the moment.

Clinton Mills
May 6th, 2006, 07:36 PM
I finally just bought one off ebay for 8 bucks since none of the comic stores got them in around here.

Clinton

BethI
May 6th, 2006, 07:42 PM
I finally just bought one off ebay for 8 bucks since none of the comic stores got them in around here.
You just PAID for something that was supposed to be FREE!

Not only am I mad about the fact that apparently no one in the entire state of Colorado had the figures, but the one store that DID have them in Cleveland was making you buy $50 in merchandise before they would give one to you.

That is NOT FREE!

HirogenGater
May 6th, 2006, 07:45 PM
Anyone manage to get an extra O'Neill for your pal HirogenGater?

Clinton Mills
May 6th, 2006, 08:00 PM
You just PAID for something that was supposed to be FREE!

Not only am I mad about the fact that apparently no one in the entire state of Colorado had the figures, but the one store that DID have them in Cleveland was making you buy $50 in merchandise before they would give one to you.

I realize that but thats the only way I was going to be able to get one. And with gas as expensive as it is 8 bucks isnt to bad.

BethI
May 6th, 2006, 08:11 PM
I realize that but thats the only way I was going to be able to get one. And with gas as expensive as it is 8 bucks isnt to bad.
I didn't mean that to be negative about you Clinton.

I am not the kind of person that goes off ranting on forums. It's just that I'm so furious about what happened to me.

I suppose that I could probably buy one off of eBay too - but I refuse to pay for something that was supposed to be free.

HirogenGater
May 6th, 2006, 08:24 PM
Wow...I am so surprised that these are popping up on ebay like crazy now, and most of the sellers are comic stores.
I KNOW comic book stores wouldn't do that. I mean withholding this free figure and only to sell it later on ebay for $15+? NAH!
Who didn't see this coming?

WraithWarrior
May 7th, 2006, 01:50 AM
Wow...I am so surprised that these are popping up on ebay like crazy now, and most of the sellers are comic stores.
I KNOW comic book stores wouldn't do that. I mean withholding this free figure and only to sell it later on ebay for $15+? NAH!
Who didn't see this coming?

I could actually expect something like this but I dont live in the US so dont know what comic stores are like. Maybe they are comic stores where noone wanted them so have decided to sell them on eBay :S

HirogenGater
May 7th, 2006, 08:18 AM
I could actually expect something like this but I dont live in the US so dont know what comic stores are like. Maybe they are comic stores where noone wanted them so have decided to sell them on eBay :S

You have too much faith in them. I know a few comic store owners who are scalpers. It wouldn't surprise me at all if these stores told customers that they never got in any of the O'Neills, only to have a bag or two in the back ready to sell on ebay for a Buy it Now price like this.

http://cgi.ebay.com/FREE-COMIC-BOOK-DAY-2006-STARGATE-JACK-ONEILL-FIGURE_W0QQitemZ6056710721QQcategoryZ348QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Only $21 for a "free" figure.

Sigh........

WraithWarrior
May 7th, 2006, 11:28 AM
You have too much faith in them. I know a few comic store owners who are scalpers. It wouldn't surprise me at all if these stores told customers that they never got in any of the O'Neills, only to have a bag or two in the back eady to sell on eba for a Buy it Now price like this.

http://cgi.ebay.com/FREE-COMIC-BOOK-DAY-2006-STARGATE-JACK-ONEILL-FIGURE_W0QQitemZ6056710721QQcategoryZ348QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Only $21 for a "free" figure.

Sigh........

I know, there was only one on eBay UK this morning and 2 hours before the bid ended, it was £12 for a free figure, its ridiculous

Cereal_Killer
May 7th, 2006, 02:19 PM
Well, no store near Washington DC had them either. The ones I went to had absolutely no idea what I was talking about (and I always spoke to the owner) which indicates the stores were not even offered the option of having them. There was at least one other fan who went to the same stores to ask because as soon as I got there, the guy would tell me "I don't know what you're talking about, but someone else asked about it too." This is almost as bad as when Phil Hendrie announced his retirment from radio...almost.

Gen. O'Neill
May 7th, 2006, 02:24 PM
well bad news, i didn't get any figures when i got there they said they ran out :(. so now i have to get one on ebay, damn. :jack:

Wlykyoti
May 7th, 2006, 02:44 PM
Working for a comicbook retailer I will try to answer a few questions here.

First is that while yes the figures was free to give away it was NOT free to retailers. They were 25.00 for 10 figures. That's quite a bit for a single item giveaway. For that much money you can get dozens more comics to give away.

Secondly I know that by the time a lot of people started calling for the figures it was too late to order them...items are ordered2-3 months in advance. This is what happen for stores around here. Even when they were listed as "still available for order" when we tried to get tehm they were put on 'back order' never to be heard about again.

Lastly--and be honest here--how many people were going to the store strictly to get the stargate figure? Have you even been in the store before? Would you ever go again if you had gotten the figure? If not how would a retailer know how much interest there would be in the figure...orders are based on popularity and demand for like items. I know for a fact there aren't many people coming into our stores looking for stargate comics and figures.

Oh and before I forget..taking into account all of the above...I, in no way, condone the getting of the figures just to put on Ebay. That is a RIP OFF dealer if I ever saw one.:jack_new_anime25:

LISA
:hammond15:

Jolinarsam
May 7th, 2006, 04:08 PM
Wow. I feel really lucky I got one. Sorry all you guys had trouble.

When the store didn't have it out on display, I got a little worried. I had to ask the clerk about them and he went and got one from a box hidden behind the counter. I was so thrilled!

The figure is pretty neat. The best thing I like about it is his little zat gun. :) It's got rather intricate detailing too. Jack also comes with a GDO, walkie talkie, and rifle. The only downside is the plastic kind of smells like skunk, but hey I love it anyway.

It's sad a lot of people couldn't get it, but maybe they will do it again next year.

HirogenGater
May 7th, 2006, 04:40 PM
It's sad a lot of people couldn't get it, but maybe they will do it again next year.

God, I hope not. This was too much of a fiasco.

If they do, I hope the figure would be available on DST's store.

Gen. O'Neill
May 7th, 2006, 04:49 PM
^yeah ill wait till DST sell them in thier online store than pay $11 to $15 on ebay :mad: RIP!! :jack:

drjacksonfan
May 7th, 2006, 08:44 PM
i went to free comic book day anyways. got to meet the owner of the only comic book shop in my city.. i'm going to visit him again and see if he can order some stuff for me. too hectic. he made an event out of it by having a tent sale and free hot dogs. commented on the whole action figure thing and said if i had known sooner would have chipped in i said if it occurs again for something i'm interested in and i find out soon enough i'd help out. he's a pretty cool guy just like a friend said.

WraithWarrior
May 8th, 2006, 12:16 AM
^yeah ill wait till DST sell them in thier online store than pay $11 to $15 on ebay :mad: RIP!! :jack:

Well if DST have it on their website shop, I just hope they have started shipping out of the US. All in all for me so far, this has been terrible, I havent been able to get the WWLA exclusive nor the Free O'Neill and also I am missing three variants from my preorder that I cannot get anywhere at the moment and its looking worrying about the unpainted exclusives :S

HirogenGater
May 8th, 2006, 08:06 AM
I did read that the figures were $25 for a bag of 10. So that would be $2.50 a figure. Does the $25 include shipping? I'm not sure about that let's say it doesn't and it comes out to $5.00 a figure. That would still be a sweet deal imo. Now on ebay a lot of sellers are charging $25 for just 1 O'Neill. I hope DSt doesn't do this free figure stuff next year.

BethI
May 8th, 2006, 08:23 AM
Lastly--and be honest here--how many people were going to the store strictly to get the stargate figure? Have you even been in the store before? Would you ever go again if you had gotten the figure?
Yes, I had been in the store before and, yes, I will go back. In fact while I was there this time, I spent over $50 - even though I didn't get the O'Neill figure.

To be fair, some of the dealers may not be at fault concerning this.

According to one of the stores, it has to do with the number of orders that the stores place. Depending on that, they get either a silver or gold rating. I contacted all of the participating stores in my area, Denver, and Cleveland and it wasn't until I hit on a gold member (nothing to do with Austin Powers ;)) that I found out about this. Apparently, they didn't even bother to tell the silver members about the Jack O'Neill figure. Everyone else was like, "Huh? What are you talking about? What free Jack O'Neill figures?" I had even brought along a print out from a web page that announced the free giveaway and the owner read it and said they had never heard of this until then. I believe she was being sincere.

Oh and before I forget..taking into account all of the above...I, in no way, condone the getting of the figures just to put on Ebay. That is a RIP OFF dealer if I ever saw one.
Is there any doubt in anyone's minds that I totally agree with you? ;)

WraithWarrior
May 8th, 2006, 08:24 AM
I did read that the figures were $25 for a bag of 10. So that would be $2.50 a figure. Does the $25 include shipping? I'm not sure about that let's say it doesn't and it comes out to $5.00 a figure. That would still be a sweet deal imo. Now on ebay a lot of sellers are charging $25 for just 1 O'Neill. I hope DSt doesn't do this free figure stuff next year.

Ive heard of profit but come on, thats ridiculous. I hope DST do do the free figure stuff next year but only to more stores :D

BethI
May 8th, 2006, 11:46 AM
On Saturday, right after I had the experience with the store telling me that you had to buy $50 in merchandise to get the "free" figure, I was so upset that I not only ranted about it on this forum, I also ranted on the rdanderson and SciFi channel's forums.

Yup, I was THAT upset.

I then sent an angry email to Diamond. They responded today, which I just got done replaying to. Here are those 3 emails:

My initial email:

I am very upset about this supposed "free" comic book day of yours.

When I went today to my local "participating dealer" they didn't know what I was talking about when I asked for the free Jack O'Neill figure. I went on to contact over a dozen stores in Colorado and Cleveland and only ONE of them even had the figures! And that store told me that in order to get the "free" figure you had to buy $50 in merchandise first!

$50 for a FREE action figure?????

You call THAT FREE??????

After my experience, I went to your web site to see if there was any mention about the free figures. There was, but it took me some digging until I finally found this remark buried waaaaaaaaaaaay at the bottom of a web page: "Check with your retailer for availability".

News of your supposed "free" giveaway has been all over the Internet for months and NOT ONE article that I had read mentioned that! What were people supposed to think when you go around announcing something for free but don't tell them that not every "participating dealer" will have them?

Does truth in advertising not apply to the Internet?

You should have emphasized in whatever press releases that you made that the "free" figures were NOT available at all "participating" dealers.

I have NEVER before in my life contacted anyone complaining about anything, but this time I just had to because I've been anticipating getting the Jack O'Neill figure for months!

I feel totally shafted!
Their rsponse:

By no means were comic shops supposed to ask customers to make a purchase to get the action figure. Please let us know the store, city and state you were at so that we can see to it that they are contacted immediately.

We are deeply upset by this and this day was not intended to make money but to give back to the fans and hopefully gain a few more.

Sincerely,

THE FREE COMIC BOOK DAY COMMITTEE

And my reply:

I'm glad to hear that you disapprove of what some dealers were doing.

I am not the only one that this has happened to. People are complaining about it on the various forums on the Internet. They have had similar experiences to mine, including tricks pulled by the dealers involving the O'Neill figure to boost their sales.

GateWorld is one of the top web sites dealing with Stargate SG-1. This is page 9 of one thread on their forum where the discussion of the problems with getting the free figure starts, but if you go to page 1 of this topic thread you will see that fans have been excited and anticipating this free giveaway since January:
http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=23094&page=9

This is from the RDAnderson web site forum:
http://rdanderson.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=1035
http://rdanderson.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=859 Again, anticipating since January.

This is from the SciFi channel's forum. This is the network that airs Stargate SG-1 five days a week:
http://mboard.scifi.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=StargateSG150305&Number=1739164

And did you know that there are comic book dealers selling the "free" O'Neill figure on eBay?
http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?from=R40&satitle=%22O%27Neill%22+figure

They have been selling them since before May 6th. If you go to the completed listings on eBay, you can see this particular figure having been sold on May 3rd. And there are other O'Neill figures, which you haven't even released yet, that have been selling since April 24th. I haven't tried searching on eBay for the other Diamond Stargate figures, but I'm willing to bet good money that they have been out there selling too.

You have to sign onto eBay in order to see the completed listings. This is page 2, which has the oldest sales listed.:
http://search-completed.ebay.com/ONeill-figure_W0QQcoactionZcompareQQcoentrypageZsearchQQcopagenumZ1QQfisZ2QQfromZR10QQf rtsZ50QQfsooZ2QQfsopZ1QQsacatZQ2d1QQsaprchiZgemQ5f719QQsaprcloZQQsatitleZQ22OQ27 NeillQ22Q20figure

Do the dealers that you sell to have contracts specifying that they will not sell the figures before a certain date? If so, then you seem to have some dealers out there that are abusing their contracts.

The particular store that told me that I had to buy $50 in merchandise before they would give the figure away was:

RECESS COMICS & GAMES
250 GREAT NORTHERN MALL
NORTH OLMSTED, OH
(440) 779-7008

This store was reported by one individual on the RDAnderson forum. They said

"I called and found the only store out of six within 20 miles that had the action figure. But you had to make a $10.00 purchase and then you got to spin their Wheel of Luck for a CHANCE to get the action figure which was one of many prizes from other companies on the wheel.

BRAVE NEW WORLD
NEWHALL, CA
(661) 259-4745

Or you could purchase tickets at $1.00 a piece for something or other and when you added up to $10.00 worth you got a spin for a CHANCE.

I thought that was really not right for the store to make money on people who would then only get a CHANCE to get the figure. If it was a definite I would've gone down and bought $10.00 worth of stuff. "

In all fairness, I now realize that some of the dealers may not be at fault concerning this.

According to one of the store managers, to whom I had showed a printout of a web page where the free figure had been announced, they had never heard of the free giveaway until then. I believe she was being sincere.

I also want you to know that I did not patronize my local store just for this free giveaway. I had purchased merchandise from this store in the past. As a matter of fact, I even bought over $50 in merchandise from that store on Saturday, even though I did not get my free O'Neill figure. Like I said before, I do not think that this particular store was at fault. They seemed genuinely sorry that they could not help me. This is the store that I am referring to:

HASTINGS
1811 FREMONT DRIVE - 81212
CANON CITY, CO

I hope that you can do something to prevent this from happening again for future free comic book promotions. It not only hurts the fans, but it hurts your reputation and the reputations of all participating dealers, and is not fair to those honest dealers that did give away the figure for free. It could also negatively, and unfairly, reflect on the those involved with producing the Stargate SG-1 television show.

Thank you for your prompt reply.

I'll let you know if they reply back.

WraithWarrior
May 8th, 2006, 11:55 AM
In all fairness relating to the eBay sales on the other figures, if you read them it does say that they are preorders and the item will be sent to you when they get their allocation of the figures. There are quite a few places that have had them for preorders for a long time now. NEW FORCE, Forbidden Planet Time and Space Toys, to name a few, so some eBay stores will have them for preorders. As for the FCBD figure being sold early that should never have happened.

BethI
May 8th, 2006, 12:30 PM
I just checked this web site:
http://scoop.diamondgalleries.com/scoop_article.asp?ai=11534&si=121
and realized that I made an error about the O'Neill figures that sold as early as April 24th. Those were figures that Diamond sold at their booth on the floor of the Los Angeles Convention Center on Friday, March 17.

So that particular figure could be legitimately re-sold on eBay.

But there were around 30 of the free comic book day promo figures that were sold prior to May 6th - and that definitely never should have happened.

I emailed Diamond about my error.

WraithWarrior
May 8th, 2006, 01:01 PM
But there were around 30 of the free comic book day promo figures that were sold prior to May 6th - and that definitely never should have happened.

I know, its ridiculous. At least they could have put some on the eBay UK site ;)

PuddleJumper14
May 8th, 2006, 05:45 PM
According to one of the stores, it has to do with the number of orders that the stores place. Depending on that, they get either a silver or gold rating. I contacted all of the participating stores in my area, Denver, and Cleveland and it wasn't until I hit on a gold member (nothing to do with Austin Powers ;)) that I found out about this. Apparently, they didn't even bother to tell the silver members about the Jack O'Neill figure. Everyone else was like, "Huh? What are you talking about? What free Jack O'Neill figures?" I had even brought along a print out from a web page that announced the free giveaway and the owner read it and said they had never heard of this until then. I believe she was being sincere.

If any shop was saying they knew nothing of the Jack O'Neill figure than they don't bother to read any of the materials they receive from Diamond. I'm looking at the current issue of Previews (used to order product every month) and the O'Neill figure is pictured in the section that lists all of the products for Free Comic Book Day. Consumers and retailers all get the same Previews catalog, all they needed to do was call their account rep if they had any questions. I think they probably just underestimated how many people would want the figure.
Laura

Gen. O'Neill
May 12th, 2006, 02:55 PM
hey guys i found a link-site to some nice high-res pics of the free jack figure. check it out: http://community.webshots.com/album/550242809cQKtBy enjoy. :jack: