X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Priors are no threat

Why do they fear priors they are not bulletproof
    if there is one on a planet you know about use a sniperrifle and shoot him down they can not stop that becouse they dont know it's coming!!!!

Because then we wouldn't have a show. Most tv shows dance around reality quite a bit.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Seemingly they would! If you watch 'The 4th Horseman II', the Prior can detect a cloaked Mitchell. Despite the fact that he is wearing ancient cloaking tech. So if they can detect that, as well as in 'Prototypw', Khalek can stop bullets. So as the Priors are at a similar level as the Anubis clone, then they could most likely do that as well.

Comment

I agree that the Priors do have heightened awareness. If you're lucky enough to distract one enough using his powers on you, maybe someone would have a chance at taking him out. So, they definitely are a threat.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

So basically, you're saying "ain't no prior gunna git my trailor," but he actually can and will. If you don't convert to Origin, that is.

Comment

I kicked a Prior's butt just the other day. He wasn't nothin'. All I had was ...................................................
            *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
            *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
            *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
            *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
            *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
            *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
            *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

Originally posted by LORD MONK
              I kicked a Prior's butt just the other day. He wasn't nothin'. All I had was ...................................................
              Um... those Door-to-door missionaries are NOT Priors!
              http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
              http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

Originally posted by Peoples_General
                Um... those Door-to-door missionaries are NOT Priors!
                They are, they're really called. Jehovah's Priors! They make you witness their book & refuse to leave your door until you convert to them.

Comment

Excuse me, they ARE bullet proof. Unless you manage to pinpoint the right frequency and disable his powers temporarily, a prior has a personal shield that protects him from weapons of any kind.

Comment

Priors aren't bulletproof, but the can stop bullets telekinetically as proven in "The Powers That Be."
                    Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Some things you are right the prior did know mitchell was there but that was becouse he was in close proximitie (sorry if written wrong) of the prior and it more looked like he sensed the thoughts of mitchell becouse it looks like priors have a limited power in telepathy but a good sniper can shoot someone done from a great distance using a silincer the prior would not hear the shot.And will not know about it becouse he is not concetrated on that.

Comment

I doubt the prior can sense the sniper at 2500m (yes 2,5km) range...

Comment

A silencer don't make rifle shoot quiet they only prevents the shooter from getting hearing problems. And most rifles shoots bullets at above the speed of sound so he wouldn't here it until it was to late.

Priors do not have personal shields, they stop bullets telekineticly.
                          Last edited by AscendedWarrior; 24 January 2006, 09:15 AM.

Comment

That was what I meant. Temporary brain freeze.

Anyway, priors are probably able to perceive time in another way. Hence, if you shoot at them, they'll know it and be able to telekinetically protect themselves.

After all, telekinesis is the power to move objects with your MIND. It's not necessarily channeled through a body part other than your mind. "I feel something coming at me! It's Prior time!".

Comment

Not unless they don't have time to react.

So far, we've only seen them trying to shoot a prior at close range. The prior could've probed the shooter's mind or something, see it coming.

I don't think they're expecting us to have tech to shoot from over 2 km distances.

Comment

Working...
                              X