This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cross-show idea

You know what I'd really like to see? Two episodes (one on each show) that take place in the same place, at the same time. sg-1 and the atlantis team fighting the same battle! That way, on Atlantis, you'd see what the atlantis team was upto the whole time, and on sg-1, you'd see what sg-1 was upto! A few scenes could be on both shows, and that way you'd have to see both to get the full action on one battle!
    Confuzed? If not, great! If so, keep reading.
    Example: the deatalus gets into the Pegasus Galaxy, and receives a message from Atlantis that they need to return to earth, because the ship is needed to aid a battle. The deatalus turns around with the atlantis team onboard (Sheapeard, Tayla, Ronan, and McKay) and heads back to earth. By a "freak coincidence" a wraith ship hitches a ride inside the deatalus's hyperspace window, and is dragged all the way to earth. (or something like that. if the idea's used, I'm sure they'll think of a better explanation or situation.) When the Deatalus gets into the milky-way galaxy with the wraith ship hot on its tail, both ships get caught up in a battle with... priors/goa'uld/replicators/local hostiles/evil christmas trees/etc. ... and the Prometheus end up there aswell. so its a 3-way battle between earth, wraith, and evil christmas trees (a word to the curious, see the "Doctor Who" christmas special).
    So the whole thing has both shows caught up in the same battle. Feel free to change it as thoroughly as you like, but I'd like to see that sort of thing (with a line drawn at the trees).
    Seeing Ronan and Teal'c in the same episode would be kool. Particularly if they got in a fight. Hmm... who would win?
    Last edited by androboy; 28 January 2006, 06:57 PM. Reason: Spelling
    Androboy Inc.

That would be kind of cool. So you're saying that instead of having the first half of the show be on SG-1 and the second half on Atlantis you would in effect be watching an event happen from SG-1's point of view and then backing up to the start and then watching it happen from Atlantis's point of view? I don't think I've ever seen a show do that. It's an interesting premise.

Comment

That was well put. Thanks .
      That was EXACTLY what I meant.
      Androboy Inc.

Comment

Great Idea, I would like to see a modification (because I like to add my two cents) . Anyhow have a 2 hour cross over, but have the first hour split between (i.e. 30 mins SG1, reweind, 30 mins SGA) then in the last hour have them meet up or something another and have a full hour of the whole battle. Things I would like to see:
        As stated above Ronon / Teal'C stand off
        McCay / Sam (duh...)
        and a leadership battle between Sheppard and Mitchell.

These three would all be antogonistic but then you could have Teyla and Daniel as a voice of reason. Needs to have some great writing or this could get very confusing very fast, but if done properly I would love to see some interaction like this.

On a side note, I love the way in Ripple Effect they mentioned Atlantis. I fully enjoy mentions of the other show existing. I know many cry out let them be their own show, etc. but come on! There has to be some cross over story lines or it would not be as realistic. Having the Goa'uld bomb thing was great, it wasn't depending on SG1 but it was a nice informational crossover.

Comment

The Wraith don't have the engines to hitch a ride. They couldn't keep up with the Daedalus.

Besides it takes 18 days to get between them. So once it was close enough to Atlantis to receive the message. Any potential battle would be over before it arrived back. Not to mention, how could the SGC contact Atlantis, it doesn't have a ZPM. They'd be better off asking the Jaffa or Asgard for help, who could arrive in time to actually do something.

If a crossover is to take place, which I think it will at some point in S3. Then it's obviously going to be about either the Ori or the Wraith. So it would be fought in real time as the teams would be there at the same time. So we would obviously get to see them together.

Comment

I think it's a great idea.

Comment

Indeed, I love the idea of a cross-show. I wanna see ships and characters from SG-1 in Atlantis and Atlantis ships/characters on SG-1. This idea of yours is great. Hope they use some way. These shows need to be "connected", it just has to.

Hallowed are the fans of Stargate!

Comment

I like the idea... although I would like to see it nearing SG-1s or Atlantis' end.

Mattathias

Comment

okay. maybe some badguys follow them into the pegasus galaxy, and then the asgaurd lend them a hand to get re-inforcements there... maybe they decide to that because the replicators found Atlantis... ooh! THAT would be creepy!
                  Androboy Inc.

Comment

Working...
                  X