This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steal a ZPM???

Why would they need to steal a ZPM to power the chair? We already know from Siege Part 2 that the Mark II Naquadah generator can power it for short spurts...all they would need to do is have about 10 or so and put them all around the chair, as one gave out plug in another and keep going....?

Well, a ZPM is a more stable power source and if you had to choose between a naqudah generator and getting a ZPM, I think the ZPM would be the better choice. Plus, "Ripple Effect"
    Spoiler:
    Black Team's reality might not have the generator
    "Che idiota fa una cosa del genere! Gli americani non pensare cose del genere?!"
    " 'Idiot' and 'American' I think were cognates? I'm going to assume you're not talking about me so we can work together better."
    Ambassador Isabelle Cooper-Oxford and Lt. Col. Stephen "Steve" Hamrick ~ "Discoveries"

Discover a … New Galaxy

Look for a … New Adventure

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

I think it was a matter of desparation. The whole message of this episode seems to be "How far would you go to save your world?". I believe that world's team has just been pushed to the brink and didn't see another way.
      My Depth Is Immaterial To This Conversation...

Comment

It seems like their reality is a little farther ahead of ours...

What if we are put into the same circumstances eventually.

I'm proud to be an American.

"...and those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made unto dust."

Comment

Originally posted by Dromag67
          It seems like their reality is a little farther ahead of ours...

What if we are put into the same circumstances eventually.

Exactly

Originally posted by DragonGate
          Well, a ZPM is a more stable power source and if you had to choose between a naqudah generator and getting a ZPM, I think the ZPM would be the better choice. Plus, "Ripple Effect"
          Spoiler:
          Black Team's reality might not have the generator
          Uh, not if I had to kill trillions and trillions of people to get it, no. But thats just me.
          And maybe if they would have asked for help like Carter and Kawalski in POV then we could have said... Hey we got these nifty generators....
          Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Obviously they were not dooming trillions of people. Billions... not trillions.

Comment

Yes, why didn't they ask for a generator, or somebody offered it to them? We have plenty and we can make more.

Comment

Hmz now that I come to think of it... Steal a ZPM Hmz...

Comment

The Mark II's work just as well for operating the chair's as a ZPM does for that specific task. Even so when we understood what they were trying to do we could have offered the Mark II's.

Along with this idea of helping others out, why did we wait for Fraisers group to be last? They were in the most need and every second meant more dead on their Earth. Should they have not been the first out?

Comment

I think they can send them back in time and stuff, time not being missed or something...

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII
                      Obviously they were not dooming trillions of people. Billions... not trillions.
                      Well the worlds population in 2000 was about 6 billion. Plus if aliens did exist, I would expect that in the whole Milky Way galaxy there would actually be many trillion... all of which I am sure the wraith would like to eat. Plus there were the 18 other (or more) AUs. So you’re right it’s not Trillions it is exponentially more then trillions... Good job SG-1 Black.
                      Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

They got desprate, but the Mach2 gen could be the answer.
                        Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Remember what McKay said, those things work because they're always on the verge of overloading (well, it's already overloaded...a "controlled overload"), and of course, it stopped working.

A ZPM is MUCH MUCH more stable and useful than a bunch of Mark 2s.

Comment

Though the thing that I'm wondering is how did they know that our reality would have a ZPM at Atlantis. Remember when the team went though to Atlantis the first time, everyone died. It was only because Weir went back in time that the city survived. There were obvious differences between the two reality, from Jacob being alive to Carter being married. Though they kept calling her Carter anyway... normally women change their names when they get married...

Plus, it would take three weeks just to get to Atlantis, plus the extra time that it took to come up with their plan to do the black hole thing. It really doesn't seem like the need was that pressing if they could sacrifice all that time.

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
                              Well the worlds population in 2000 was about 6 billion. Plus if aliens did exist, I would expect that in the whole Milky Way galaxy there would actually be many trillion... all of which I am sure the wraith would like to eat. Plus there were the 18 other (or more) AUs. So you’re right it’s not Trillions it is exponentially more then trillions... Good job SG-1 Black.
                              Yeah, they do what they can.
                              sigpic
                              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                              "...phu...ah..."
                              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                              X