PDA

View Full Version : Atlantis and Artificial Intelligence

Magneto
January 22nd, 2006, 05:10 AM
I was thinking it might be pretty cool to have Melia (the hologram lady) as the atlantis A.I, in a similar way as andromeda, i can imagine she would be able to help out with information and control of stuff that they can't figure out yet.

It could start off with mckay or someone finding the software that had been left there to help them but was slightly damaged and left inactive, the A.I could then gradually improve over time as the software reorganises, learns and fixes any corruption, so basically she would become more helpful and more advanced (human like) over time as she learns and helps.

Would be pretty cool! :D

Eoin
January 22nd, 2006, 05:12 AM
Whos Melia :S

Yeah it'd be pretty cool to have an A.I in atlantis :)

Ascended Times.2
January 22nd, 2006, 05:13 AM
This would be infringing on copyrights for one....

Also, it'd end up getting in arguments with McKay every five minutes! :D
"I'm telling you Melia, it's right! See! check these calculations!"
"I'm sorry Doctor, but you're wrong, if you put that into action, you'll blow up all of Atlantis."
"Well, we'll just see about that won't we?!"

*Five minutes later, Atlantis has exploded*

The Daedalus comes three days later.
Hermiod stands at the bridge.

"What the F#^* happend?"

Blue Banrigh
January 22nd, 2006, 05:14 AM

The hologram lady in Rising and the Ancient lady in 'Before I Sleep'.

Magneto
January 22nd, 2006, 05:14 AM

The hologram lady, the one in my sig.

edit: lol fast replies! :P

Eoin
January 22nd, 2006, 05:15 AM
The hologram lady in Rising and the Ancient lady in 'Before I Sleep'.

The hologram lady, the one in my sig.

My Bad :o

Magneto
January 22nd, 2006, 05:19 AM
This would be infringing on copyrights for one....

Also, it'd end up getting in arguments with McKay every five minutes! :D
"I'm telling you Melia, it's right! See! check these calculations!"
"I'm sorry Doctor, but you're wrong, if you put that into action, you'll blow up all of Atlantis."
"Well, we'll just see about that won't we?!"

*Five minutes later, Atlantis has exploded*

The Daedalus comes three days later.
Hermiod stands at the bridge.

"What the F#^* happend?"

Lol yeah it would be great, lots of comical possibility, i can also imagine mckay having a thing for her even though she's just a hologram! :D

I don't think something like that can be copyrighted, especially if she only appears in the hologram room and on display screens.

Blitz
January 22nd, 2006, 08:01 AM
I like the idea- especially if its just confined to certain rooms such as the holoroom.

immhotep
January 22nd, 2006, 08:22 AM
i really love this idea! i had the idea of altnatis sentience ages ago, this is such an improvment, green lots...love that idea...i bet after a 2nd ZPM get installed shell kick in.

Heaven
January 22nd, 2006, 08:29 AM
I want to see Melia again too
but not as AI!!

jazz!
January 22nd, 2006, 08:50 AM
A ship with Sentience? Manifesting itself as a hologram ( or Robot)?

Now, I didn't watch it much but.......doesn't that sound a bit like Andromeda?

Magneto
January 22nd, 2006, 09:24 AM
I like the idea- especially if its just confined to certain rooms such as the holoroom.

Yeah i think that would be best, she could show her face on screens and speak over the comm as well maybe.

i really love this idea! i had the idea of altnatis sentience ages ago, this is such an improvment, green lots...love that idea...i bet after a 2nd ZPM get installed shell kick in.

Thanks, i know its not really original but i still think it would be nice to see her return in this form, i think it could add a lot to the show.

I want to see Melia again too
but not as AI!!

Probably the only realistic way we would ever see her again, unless shes made more recordings in the holoroom for us to see.

A ship with Sentience? Manifesting itself as a hologram ( or Robot)?

Now, I didn't watch it much but.......doesn't that sound a bit like Andromeda?

Yes I know, we all know lol, i even said so in my original post. :P

Would still be cool though, as long as its not over done and is confined to the holoroom, screens and speakers.

jazz!
January 22nd, 2006, 09:56 AM
Yes I know, we all know lol, i even said so in my original post. :p

Would still be cool though, as long as its not over done and is confined to the holoroom, screens and speakers.

:eek: oops :o :o

Anywho......

The Ancients arehave messed about with some insanely crazy concepts , so AI must have been their early projects......Ancient tech, to date, shows no evidence of AI

...maybe it would be cool to see AI/Melia as a failsafe program when something critical ocurrs to Atlantis...say a battle? or as a contigency plan (program)

...however, seeing as AI hasn't been seen on Atlantis so far it could mean that it is:
relatively redundant / requires more resources or just yet to be discovered

knowsfords
January 22nd, 2006, 10:28 AM
I've had this idea for a while, it was shotdown for some reason... probably because Melia went back through the gate to earth. However I still think that she was on the atlantis council whilst being young (for an ancient), so she probably developed the AI and then modeled the personality on herself. So while the real Melia went to earth, the digital melia went into hibernation.

Alexein
January 22nd, 2006, 10:43 AM
The concept of a "free-roaming holographic AI" isn't just limited to andromeda, an earlier depiction occurs in the british sci-fi comedy "Red Dwarf" which featured a holographic simulation of a dead guy as one of its main characters... long story.

so i don't think there will be that much copyright infringment.

Personally i'd love to see Melia return, but not as an interactive AI with access to all the ancient knowledge, i think it might hurt the storyline because it would be too easy.

Weir: Where do we get, or how do we make more ZPMs?
Sheppard: How do we make more drones?
Mckay: how do we build stargates?
Beckett: How do i use the ancient medical devices?
Ronin: "How do we defeat the wraith?"
Codwell: What kind of weapons can we build and how?

Melia: What do i look like? santas clause?

Mckay: ... How do i take off your clothes?

Half the fun of the series is watching the team figure out how to use the technology and realizing they don't have second chances if they break it. Sometimes they run in monumentally dangerous things like the Hot Zone virus. Makes for more storyline in my opinion if they didn't have an easy to use encyclopedia of the ancients.

Although the AI storyline might work more if it was an Infant/prototype AI. Designed and built but not fully programmed with all the knowledge of the ancients. The ancients that built it may have shelved the project because the wraith war broke out or simply because they wanted to spend more time designing it.

It could look and talk like Melia but have no ancient knowledge. Might be fun if its human knowledge was limited as well and the team has to spend their time teaching it how to grow up but also realizing it can't experience the same things a human because its an AI.

Might be hilarious if the builder of the AI was actually an ancient that had the hots for Melia and the AI personality reflects his/her own idealized conception of her...

oh well. i'm getting off topic.

Magneto
January 22nd, 2006, 11:04 AM
Good post, i forgot about Red Dwarf lol, but yeah your right i think she would definitely need to be limited in some ways at the start, she could then slowly get more advanced and knowledgeable as the seasons go on, helping them out with what she can gain access to.

Remember the database is incredibly large so even with supercomputers it would be tricky and time consuming to search through it for useful info, it could also be too much for a newly forming conscious A.I to handle, a bit like on Voyager where seven downloads too much info into her brain and goes a bit crazy. :D

Heaven
January 22nd, 2006, 11:34 AM
the ancients don't need AI
they can handle everything with their big ol brains :rolleyes:

katrin
January 22nd, 2006, 11:54 AM
Hey im not sure if this idea is been posted before or not but i think after watching Hot Zone" that the city could (and i mean could) have an artificial intelegence that controls the cities operating system in conjunction with a human that has the ancient gene....

that is my idea and i want to see what you guys think....:sheppard: :weir: :beckett: :mckay: :ronan: :teyla: :ford: :)

Exiled Master
January 22nd, 2006, 12:03 PM
Hey im not sure if this idea is been posted before or not but i think after watching Hot Zone" that the city could (and i mean could) have an artificial intelegence that controls the cities operating system in conjunction with a human that has the ancient gene....

that is my idea and i want to see what you guys think....:sheppard: :weir: :beckett: :mckay: :ronan: :teyla: :ford: :)
If they find other ancients that can't be revived like in Aurora, then they could become the city's AI. But first we'll need to find some more of those ships.

Magneto
January 22nd, 2006, 12:13 PM
the ancients don't need AI
they can handle everything with their big ol brains :rolleyes:

Maybe, but the team could still use one though, i would imagine the ancients could of left it there to help them.

Yeade
January 23rd, 2006, 02:32 PM
For reference:

Atlantis: Could the city be sentient? (http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=12117)

creed462
January 23rd, 2006, 04:05 PM
The concept of a "free-roaming holographic AI" isn't just limited to andromeda, an earlier depiction occurs in the british sci-fi comedy "Red Dwarf" which featured a holographic simulation of a dead guy as one of its main characters... long story.

so i don't think there will be that much copyright infringment.

Personally i'd love to see Melia return, but not as an interactive AI with access to all the ancient knowledge, i think it might hurt the storyline because it would be too easy.

Weir: Where do we get, or how do we make more ZPMs?
Sheppard: How do we make more drones?
Mckay: how do we build stargates?
Beckett: How do i use the ancient medical devices?
Ronin: "How do we defeat the wraith?"
Codwell: What kind of weapons can we build and how?

Melia: What do i look like? santas clause?

Mckay: ... How do i take off your clothes?

Half the fun of the series is watching the team figure out how to use the technology and realizing they don't have second chances if they break it. Sometimes they run in monumentally dangerous things like the Hot Zone virus. Makes for more storyline in my opinion if they didn't have an easy to use encyclopedia of the ancients.

Although the AI storyline might work more if it was an Infant/prototype AI. Designed and built but not fully programmed with all the knowledge of the ancients. The ancients that built it may have shelved the project because the wraith war broke out or simply because they wanted to spend more time designing it.

It could look and talk like Melia but have no ancient knowledge. Might be fun if its human knowledge was limited as well and the team has to spend their time teaching it how to grow up but also realizing it can't experience the same things a human because its an AI.

Might be hilarious if the builder of the AI was actually an ancient that had the hots for Melia and the AI personality reflects his/her own idealized conception of her...

oh well. i'm getting off topic.
ALso Time Cop, but I don't think I like the Idea.

katrin
January 23rd, 2006, 05:39 PM
Hey guys i was not intending on infringing on anyone toes or rights for that matter. i just wanted to get the idea on the table so to speak....

*if it flies the AI would need to be different from the andromeda one by a vast programing*

just an idea to see if it gets any of the guys in vancouver to pay attention
it was all intended in fun so let it stay that way .....

katrin:sheppard:

Wraith_Hunter
January 23rd, 2006, 05:57 PM
Star Trek has had a lot of 'similar' (cough#Rip-Off#cough) storylines, ideas & concepts taken & reworked in Stargate, so I don't think they need to be doing it with Andromeda now. Besides, this AI would have to be knowledgeable in all things atlantis, since that is what she will be in reality. Therefore, it would know every concept of the city, so if a problem came up, then the AI could diagnose it & repair it immediately or give all detailed instructions on how to do it. One it would need a way to defend itself from wraith attack & two it would also need a way of keeping itself fully powered up. So therefore, it bascically means that it would have the knowledge on how to create Drones & ZPM's. Introducing an AI that knows nothing about the city, or nothing to help them in any grest deal. Would be simply ridiculous in itself. Why even put in an AI if it's only to get on peoples nerves.

Besides barring that, the ancients wouldn't even help the alternate Weir, return to her own time, never mind help with ZPM's etc, Melia wouldn't help & went by the councils decision & probably they reneged a bit & created the hologram to give them a little heads up. There was so little time that passed between her arrival & their exit that they wouldn't have had enough time to create one.

If there was one, then they wouldn't need to explore or figure not only anything in Atlantis but also ancient tech in general, they could simply get the AI to do everything for them. If there was one & it didn't know anything about Atlantis or ancient tech, then that kinda defeats the whole purpose of creating the thing in the first place.

Also on top of that, there is as I said above, the concept of blatantly ripping off another (crappy at that) show, that's since gone bye bye. So sorry, all in all, I think it's a completely terrible idea for a story. If they wanted to see her again, then they should be back in Area 51 & figuring out how to repair the Time Jumper from 'Moebius'.

Alexein
January 23rd, 2006, 09:58 PM
If there was one & it didn't know anything about Atlantis or ancient tech, then that kinda defeats the whole purpose of creating the thing in the first place.

Not if the AI itself was incomplete, the ancients have been known to make things that don't work or left things unfinished. The two most obvious examples is the project arcturus which didn't work as intended, and the time-machine day-cycler from SG-1 that keeps repeating the same days in the stargate's local area.

Not all ancient technology needs to be perfect to have a storyline. Nor does having it fail "defeat the whole purpose". Some of the best and most interesting stories are those that don't work as intended. Giving us some rather interesting or humorous results. Some examples that come to mind are the replicators, that were built by an android that we surmise did not work as intended. The android itself admitted the replicators that got away did not work as intended. The continual failure of the Asgard in defeating the replicators with all of their superior technology is another example. This example eventually leads to the rather humorous (IMHO) stories of the SG-1 team having to think up their "stupid ideas" to help the asgard.

Granted, a fully working AI that knows everything is functionally equivalent to an ancient helping them out, a total story killer.

But having a non-functional AI I don't think would be just as bad. McKay has had his balanced share of successes and screw ups. It is his screw-ups that make him so fun to watch.

Likewise I think an imperfect AI would be more fun to watch than a perfect AI.

Sure, other TV-shows and movies have done similar things. Put it's not the idea itself that needs to be original, its the treatment, progression and resolution that sets a TV-show apart from the rest.

The whole multiple universe or time-travel stories are nothing new, but stargate does well in its handling of such an old concept.

Oh well. Just my opinion.

Wraith_Hunter
January 23rd, 2006, 10:52 PM
The biggest killer, is that it would be the biggest rip-off from Andromeda.

Plus the reasons I previously gave in my other post.

Unfinished still wouldn't be all that believeable either. They had been fighting a war for 100 years with the Wraith. Which they neventually lost & were put under siege in the city for many years. So what would be the point in created an AI. They knew the Wraith would never leave them alone, to that end result they had to submerge the city to give it more protection. As already seen, constant bombardments drain it within a matter of days. So new ones would have to be created constantly for them to even survive. All this adds up to them having no reason to construct one. They knew the Wraith wouldn't just go away. So they obviously knew that they couldn't fly it back to the MW again. During this time, they had probably began to accept defeat, so there would be no valid reason for an AI. Not to mention that while they were under siege, they probably had set taks themselves. So were pretty busy & wouldn't have had enough time to screw around with creating one.

The city has sensors it can detect infections, intruders, malfunctions etc. So there wouldn't be any need for one. The hologram was probably the closest that Atlantis will ge to an AI.

Although if people insist, then the most logical way, wouldn't be an AI as such. If it were to have anything then, it would be one that has been created to repair damaged parts of the city automatically. While they were being bombarded by the Wraith ships from orbit, the ancients themselves will have been fairly busy in their day to day taks. So it would be logical to construct something along those lines, that when detected comes out & makes the necessary repairs. That would be fine & they could tune that to an ancient appearance & personality as such. It would only know how to make repairs, so wouldn't spoil anything that's till waiting to be discovered or figured out in Atlantis. However I think that really wouldn't be practical either. especially just to have a single purpose of coming out & clashing with McKay. You could put McKay in a room by himself, give him a mirror & he'd do that by himself.

Alexein
January 24th, 2006, 12:59 AM
The AI need not be a part of the city or interacting with it. It could be an independent system like the personal shield that McKay was using. So we don't need to argue that "Oh the city can do everything by itself, so we don't need the AI." Nor do we need to AI to conflict with any of the other functions of the team. The AI does not HAVE to repair or do anything with the city itself. So its creation need not spoil the functions already in the city.

anyway, calling it a rip-off of andromeda implies andromeda is some authority regarding the use of AI. 2001 a space odyssey gave us probably the first integrated ship AI. Series like battlestar galactica and Lost in Space expanded on the robot concepts. Star wars gave us independent droids. Red dwarf gave us a humourous take on two (even three if you count the later seasons) of AI, a hologram of a dead crewmate, an idiotic computer and a substandard droid. star trek gave us arguably one of the most human-like AI in that it was on the most human of journeys: to understand itself and its place in the universe. Then we get to andromeda and its AI that is almost the polar opposite of the star trek AI: It knows its an AI, it knows its place, and is fully comfortable with its place.

Calling it exclusively a rip-off of andromeda is to ignore all of these other takes on the concept.

In looking through all these examples we see more of what AI has traditionally been used as: Not as something to get things done when it works, but something to understand and learn from when it doesn't work. The HAL 9000 of 2001 a space odyssey was supposed to be superhuman in its abilities, but fell prey to the most human of emotions, paranoia. Eventually becoming homicidal. The AIs of red dwarf using humor and comedy show us how our beliefs in religon, memory and human nature can seem downright comical to a logical being. Data from star trek embodied the best of human traits: curiousity, honor, integrity, loyalty, logic and kindness. Some critics argue that data is almost too human to be human.

Sure, Data made things simple with his super-human strength and intellect, but by getting those problems of technology out of the way he allowed the writers to get to core human problems the episodes were about. The same thing with HAL9000, its story was not how it made life easier, but how it became crazy and killed the crew.

Likewise, we can spend till season 20 talking about how the ancients wouldn't make AI for practical reasons. But since when was practicality an issue for writers? If all the writers did was use AI to solve practical problems then it would be as boring as watching grass grow.

I'd vehemently protest against any introduction of a character or device who's only function was to solve problems. It should introduce more stories.

But AI need not be a purely practical problem solver as you have mentioned. In fact, it need not even be found on atlantis, perhapes its picked up on an outpost somewhere and doesn't know jack about atlantis.

Using a capable AI is just like using the asgard, sure they solve problems every now and then. but its when they don't solve problems that things get interesting. The often comical interchanges between O'neil and Thor is something that makes the show more interesting.

A less capable AI could be just as interesting if not more so. As i mentioned in my other post, a learning AI opens up a new area of stories. Just as Data for most of the star trek series could never know why people enjoy chocolate sundaes, it was his quest to find out that made him interesting.

If ya really don't like the idea of the ancients dabling in AI programming for ANY reason at all then remove the ancients from the equation. The AI may have been a fringe project by some human group that got culled before they could finish it. They knew a dormant AI computer would be ignored by the wraith as having no "life force" and thus built it to teach the next generation of humans after the wraith left.

Alternatively, it can be an emergent property after you crosslink millions of seperate computers into a single cohesive entity. Maybe the ancient computer has emergent intelligence that the ancients actually nullified because they didn't want a thinking computer. Perhapes the team can accidentally remove the ancient nullification program and now have to deal with an AI that may or may not be evil.

The AI can even be a piece of leftover technology from the creators of the Hot Zone virus. The team may be able to isolate what makes it good/evil and reprogram it for their own use. And if they can't, it makes more interesting because if they choose to use it then they will always think "what if it betrays us?...."

Another concept is some kind of "oracle" AI that is locked in a box and gives the team helpful information. But the oracle may be evil and the team must always question the information it gives them. The oracle is just something like a crystal ball or talking box and has no power to control/fix anything so its practicality is limited, but its information is guarded, it doesn't reveal anything too easy for the team. i'm sure the forum would EXPLODE in speculation and comments everytime such an oracle spoke, we would question and weigh every word, trying to ascertain its true motive.

In my opinion, it would be a lot of fun.

Magneto
January 24th, 2006, 04:08 AM
Great post Alexein, i think you got most of the points I was concerned with, and Wraith_Hunter did make some notable points too.

Like I've said i believe this shouldn't be a super helper A.I, i expect it to be limited at the start but it could learn and help where it can over time.

Some of the storeys could be great when its interacting with McKay and others, it could find new interesting pieces of information every now and then and set the team off on a mission to some weird planet in the search for new tech or something else.

I don't like the point that was made saying its a rip off of andromeda as its not, like Alexian said theres countless other shows and films with A.I in many forms, while its nothing new it could be a great addition to the show story wise as long as it does it in its own unique way which we know Stargate can do.

At the end of the day i just think it could be a lot of fun and add more depth to Atlantis, i really would like to see more episodes with just Atlantis and their day to day lives, we need to see more of the city and with an A.I it could point out places of use and so on but like i said it should be limited at the start for whatever reason.

jburrows
January 24th, 2006, 06:34 PM
Well could some sort of ai. Here is a theory I thought of.

Well the original weir went back in time where ancient were in atlantis still. So all the ancients there knew someday people from earth would go there. They knew that people from earth was not as advanced they are and could use some help. I imagine most ancients might not like the idea of making an ai to help them out. However there was an ancient that decided to help us and since publicly helping them would out of the question decided to make an ai of some sort on there own personal computer not the main frame of atlantis to prevent other ancients from finding out. The ancient knew that it would be less likely to find it that way but it worth a shot. Not sure would the ai would be. However we know the asgard can download there consciousness into a computer and there consciousness can control a ship. What if an ancient made an copy of his consciousness into his computer and used that to make an ai where people from earth could talk to him/ her and get advice. That would be cool if they did something like that.

Mister Oragahn
January 25th, 2006, 01:51 AM
Well, the fact that she was dropping her speech like a broken record doesn't seem to bother you in the slightest. :)
This hardly makes it look like AI, but much more like a recorded video. No more no less.
This element would have already been introduced since the ZPM is plugged.

Oh wait, they didn't unlock the secret function, that's it?

The idea is good, but I think that it's quite late to make it happen now. It should have been there since day one.

Magneto
January 25th, 2006, 04:18 AM
Well, the fact that she was dropping her speech like a broken record doesn't seem to bother you in the slightest. :)
This hardly makes it look like AI, but much more like a recorded video. No more no less.

blah blah blah...

What are you babbling on about? :rolleyes:

We all know it was a recording, i just picked her because she's the only one we have seen as a hologram and i think she would also make a good A.I avatar, it doesn't matter about how or when exactly they would find or activate her A.I code but that they could if they want to add a new element to Atlantis to make it more interesting as a city, some of the ideas on how they would get the A.I are pretty good and would make sense, i doubt they will bother with this exact idea though which is a shame as she would make a good A.I avatar i think.

Your post btw seems overly conceited and sarcastic, try to write a bit better if you don't wish to come across as that. :)

donniepw
January 25th, 2006, 02:01 PM
Doesn't seem to me that the ancents didn't botherwith AI. Maybe they saw the matrix or the terminator and battlestar galactica and decided it was a bad idea. JK

NakedJehutyV2
January 25th, 2006, 05:04 PM
they're the furlings

SmallTimePerson
January 25th, 2006, 05:38 PM
maybe the AI could have been programmed with the laws of robotics, except that when it came to humans the creator decided intelligent life so that the asgard could use the AI too. But the wraith are intelligent and the AI will not let them come to harm. It would be tricky firing drones at wraith vessals if an AI is blocking you from the system...

katrin
January 25th, 2006, 09:19 PM
This element would have already been introduced since the ZPM is plugged.

Oh wait, they didn't unlock the secret function, that's it?

The idea is good, but I think that it's quite late to make it happen now. It should have been there since day one.

good thoughts but if you recall the sensor data that was scanned was in the background running till zelenka found it maybe the AI could be lik that and that it would take two or more zpms for the AI would need a second zpm
:sheppard: :mckay: :weir: :beckett:

SmallTimePerson
January 26th, 2006, 01:16 AM
but if you recall the sensor data that was scanned was in the background running till zelenka found it maybe the AI could be lik that
no, thats just protocalls and failsafes activating when a threat is detected, no where near AI. Its more like an anti-virus program

Pineapple
January 26th, 2006, 02:40 PM
Heh, I can't help but picture the stupid little paperclip from office running around atlantis being obnoxious. An AI helper could be quite annoying and take away too much of they mystery in Atlantis.

Lida
January 26th, 2006, 03:29 PM
OK, this is probably going to be considered OT, but as someone already brought up Red Dwarf, one of my favorite comedic scifi shows.....the AI being referred to was named Kryton (not sure of spelling, but it sounds like Crichton from Farscape). Don't ask me why I just wrote this.....medication can do strange things to an otherwise normal brain. :cameronanime08b:

katrin
February 1st, 2006, 09:04 AM
Heh, I can't help but picture the stupid little paperclip from office running around atlantis being obnoxious. An AI helper could be quite annoying and take away too much of they mystery in Atlantis.

i see your argument but i was thinking that maybe and this is a big MAYBE that the AI has been among some of the lower shall we say less well know characters of the atlantis crew and whose to say that it hasnt been watching!!!!!!!!!!!!

just a few ideas to get the masses thinking of possiblities......... i mean i know the writing team for the show may have already thought of the AI part but listen we see atlantis in season one in an ep called 'hot zone' shield off areas that are crucial to the the cities survival i started thinking that what if it is not all automated what if atlantis carries an intellengece wether it be artificialy created or someones mind put into the mainframe....... i mean the ancinet created the gates what else can they do.......:sheppard: :beckett:

Metonic
February 2nd, 2006, 07:27 PM
well he already have FarGate SG1 lol, and that seems to work out pretty good. I guess we can have SGAndromeda.. but isnt it kinda odd, andromeda in the pegasus??? anyway...

No. no Ship AI. Robots maybe.. like J Five in blankman... and when i say like J Five I mean, literally a peice of junk with shiny blue hair and Tigers hat(was it tigers or yankee???)

d10sfan
February 7th, 2006, 06:31 PM
It seems that the city has limited ai in the episode where that virus got let out and the city closed all the corridors to protect itself.

Salas1
February 8th, 2006, 03:26 AM
It's a good idea, but the software would have to be created by one of the current expedition as the Ancients would have no need for software such as this. They all pretty much knew about all their technology, and they would have known how to research it more efficiently as they would have been taught how to use it, sort of their version of google.

Cherriey
February 11th, 2006, 09:13 PM
An interesting concept... a present-made A.I. incorporated into past-made technology that is far in advance of that of present-day Earth. Hmmm. I seriously doubt that Rodney would do it though. Sure he's capable of it but it will be a while yet before his ego is in a place where he will accept the sort of competition that Atlantis' intelligence would bring. Zelenka on the other hand might do it just because he's lonely and Rodney's been on an extended away mission.

Render
February 12th, 2006, 07:05 PM
what about the AI working against the atlantis team, we all kno how much the ancients feel about non-interference, maybe the AI is there to limit their access to the ancient db, that way it could work for them, as an easy way to access info, and against them as a restriction to what info may be attained. Zelenka could stumble onto a pice of data he was not supposed to kno, then snap inser AI telling him to stop.