This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poor, poor Kavanaugh ! (Critical Mass)

Is it just me, or does everyone seem to hate Kavanaugh for one reason or another? It's a wonder he doesn't burst into tears when he has to tell someone what his experience in Pegasus was like. He really doesn't have any friends, people automatically assume he's the enemy. And I mean, come on! He wouldn't be invited to the mission if he wasn't brilliant, so why is it that they can't just respect him? Treat him like a person?
    Hell, they were about to let Ronan deal with him! ...to be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if Ronan did do something to scare him into fainting, despite what he said... Yeah, I feel sorry for him.

I've been under the impression that he doesn't respect others, and tries to interfere in the work of others.

Comment

Kavanagh is a complete jerk and goes out of his way to make himself less sympathetic, but I still kinda like him. Or I like to hate him. Or something. Plus, he may be a jackass, but I think some of what he says is spot-on. He just doesn't bother to smooth the edges on his acerbic commentary.

I'd like to learn more about him. I think there's a LOT more going on than we realize and after that apparent discrepancy in Critical Mass
      Spoiler:
      Where he says he has no friends in Atlantis... and yet he was obviously communicating with SOMEONE...
      I'd like to know what that was all about. Something we'll learn in an upcoming ep? Or just a convenient plot device?

Comment

I like him.

Official Member of the Fellowship of Rainbow Defenders
        ...and the Lord said, 'Let there be F.O.R.D.' and there was, and it was good...

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
          Something we'll learn in an upcoming ep? Or just a convenient plot device?
          At the current moment, your guess is as good as mine.
          Things that were credited to a convinenient plot device came a bit us in the a**, and became something we learned...*sigh*
          Edit: Hi Ryu! *waves*

Stargate Gateworld RPG. All are welcome!|Jim Andersons Bio.

Comment

and after that apparent discrepancy in Critical Mass
            Spoiler:
            Where he says he has no friends in Atlantis... and yet he was obviously communicating with SOMEONE...
            I'd like to know what that was all about. Something we'll learn in an upcoming ep? Or just a convenient plot device?
            I say only this...

Comment

How could you not hate anyone with hair like that.
              Und was ich sar war Menschlichkeit...

Und was ich sar war Dummheit
              Menschlicher Neigung entsprechend
              Tiersches Verhalten

Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona bay,
              Vicious

Comment

Originally posted by alfirin_kirinki
                I am now scared out of my mind. Thank you for the disturbing mental images of Ronan and Kavanaugh.

Although... I can imagine it going something like this...

RONON: Bend over.

KAVANAUGH: *faints*

RONON: You know, you're supposed to be so scared you tell me what it is that I want to know... not faint. *kicks Kavanaugh*

Comment

Kavanaugh is a very unsocial and hostile person. It's not just the others' fault that he has no friends. it's in fact mostly his own fault. He might have his reasons for being that way. But you cannot blame people for not wanting to be his friends.

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII
                    Kavanaugh is a very unsocial and hostile person. It's not just the others' fault that he has no friends. it's in fact mostly his own fault. He might have his reasons for being that way. But you cannot blame people for not wanting to be his friends.
                    I agree.

The ACTOR does a good job. Because I HATE the character. I think he grates on me probably more then any other character on any TV show I have ever watched, ever. I hate him or then Samuals, more then kinsey, more then any of the trust guys, more then everyone. I would most enjoy watching his character being killed .... brutally. It its by Ronan, I can forgive that one laps in morals but I really want him to get eaten by a wraith.

Any, good acting!!
                    Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
                      I agree.

The ACTOR does a good job. Because I HATE the character. I think he grates on me probably more then any other character on any TV show I have ever watched, ever. I hate him or then Samuals, more then kinsey, more then any of the trust guys, more then everyone. I would most enjoy watching his character being killed .... brutally. It its by Ronan, I can forgive that one laps in morals but I really want him to get eaten by a wraith.

Any, good acting!!
                      I agree with hes a good actor because hes doing a good job in making 95% hate him and i'd like to see him being eatn by a wraith too
                      The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Colonel Ryu Gaia
                        I am now scared out of my mind. Thank you for the disturbing mental images of Ronan and Kavanaugh.

Although... I can imagine it going something like this...

RONON: Bend over.

KAVANAUGH: *faints*

RONON: You know, you're supposed to be so scared you tell me what it is that I want to know... not faint. *kicks Kavanaugh*
                        To be fair - my co-mod wrote that one.

There's a whole re-write of the 38 Minutes pre-gate scene further down that's mine, though. You'll never look at Ford the same way again.

Comment

I still hate Kinsey more. He seems to really believe what he's saying and does things for his own personal gain. Kavanagh... I'm sure he believes what he's saying, but his superiority seems more bluffed than believed and he really [i]does[i] seem to be looking out for the best interests of the expedition. In his own twisted way.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Colonel Ryu Gaia
                            He wouldn't be invited to the mission if he wasn't brilliant, so why is it that they can't just respect him? Treat him like a person?
                            Hell, they were about to let Ronan deal with him! ...to be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if Ronan did do something to scare him into fainting, despite what he said... Yeah, I feel sorry for him.
                            Respect one who has not shown respect for anyone else?

Treat one like a person when he fails to treat another like a person?

It is hard to feel sorry for someone who has brought all the attitude upon himself. To me, he is being treated far better than he deserves and should have never been let back in Atlantis in the first place. It takes more than brilliance to belong there.

Bottom line, he has shown on several occasions that he is more concerned with self-preservation and his ego to be of any benefit in the long-run. He is not someone I would trust with my life and not someone I would want on my team. It does not seem that he has earned the trust of anyone on Atlantis (that we have seen) and that should speak volumes about his character. There is too much going on and too much at stake to have someone like him there.

Comment

I'd like to learn more about him. I think there's a LOT more going on than we realize and after that apparent discrepancy in Critical Mass
                              Spoiler:
                              Yes, I wonder what that was all about? Hopefully, we will find out in future episodes.

Comment

Working...
                              X