Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

petty nitpicking

hey,

Love the Horizon concept, characters and plot.

However there is just one area that needs a little attention - spelling. I'm only halfway through the first season, and if anything it is becoming more noticable. In many cases the wrong word is used, e.g. in Survivors, when the team are on the station talking to Meral about the eel, bole is used instead of bowl, breed instead of brood. Twice in survivors proof is used instead of proved. Some earlier errors [sorry didn't make note of the specific location] ceiling instead of sealing, there are a few more along the way also.

Might I suggest that the scripts are proof read before publishing. It's only a small thing but it does add to the polish and professionalism of the scripting.

cheers
    artefact

Proof continues forever, but the spelling generally gets better. Oh, it still has it's funky moments, but it's not that bad.

Comment

As of now we have a proofreader, as well as Alex and I looking over the script. Unfortunately something slips by now and then, but with the addition of Justin as proofreader things improve as the stories continue.

There are some things I've noticed since before I joined that keep occurring, I haven't really asked about it:

Effect and affect seem to be used inversely, and the proove/proof.
      Beyond the Horizon Lies the Gateway to a New Galaxy
      Stargate Horizon, Co-Executive Producer
      Latest Episode: 4.06 - "Eden"
      Stargate Destiny, Fan
      Latest Episode: 1.20 - "Alliances, Part One"

Comment

While on the subject of spelling mistakes is you're name supposed to be spelt wrong artefact?

Oh and piece/peace is another one I noticed.
        "I'm the greatest because I'm alive. That's it. Period.
        I'm not greedy. If I can catch a Goa'uld equipped with all kinds of fancy toys without risking my neck that's a damn good compromise."

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by artefact
          hey,

Love the Horizon concept, characters and plot.

However there is just one area that needs a little attention - spelling. I'm only halfway through the first season, and if anything it is becoming more noticable. In many cases the wrong word is used, e.g. in Survivors, when the team are on the station talking to Meral about the eel, bole is used instead of bowl, breed instead of brood. Twice in survivors proof is used instead of proved. Some earlier errors [sorry didn't make note of the specific location] ceiling instead of sealing, there are a few more along the way also.

Might I suggest that the scripts are proof read before publishing. It's only a small thing but it does add to the polish and professionalism of the scripting.

cheers
          artefact
          We didn't have a proof reader until halfway into Season One. All scripts are proof read before they're released. You said yourself you're only halfway through the first season (which is about a year ago). A lot of things have changed since then, one of them being the things you've mentioned.

As Mike mentioned, some things slip through every now and then. Not only here, but also in the scripts of produced television shows I might add.
          Last edited by Alex Rubit; 22 January 2006, 09:04 AM.
          Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

Comment

I had the honour of "proofing" the first 3 episodes of the second season.
            sigpic
            Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

And now I get the sweet job of proofing everything before the general public gets to see the finished work. I spend quite a bit of time reading and re-reading each new script that is handed to me.

And in regards to the earlier episodes, I have been meaning to go back through the early season 2 and season 1 in order to work out all the kinks and such. Be patient with us, we'll get it all sorted out sooner or later... preferably sooner

Comment

Working...
              X