PDA

View Full Version : The Tokra

KeiranFuller
January 21st, 2006, 11:49 AM
Does anyone know what happened to the Tokra? They just seemed to have disappeared.

Major_Griff
January 21st, 2006, 12:05 PM
Well they did break off relations with us for the most part in S7, and the only real protagonist among them, Jacob/Selmac, died last season, plus the Goa'uld, their sole purpose for existing, have been wiped out mostly, so they don't really fit into the show now except for the occasional reference.

HirogenGater
January 21st, 2006, 02:57 PM
I hope they address the problem of the Tok'ra dying off. Maybe Earth could find some way to save them?

the fifth man
January 21st, 2006, 03:19 PM
Personally, I hope the Tok'ra don't entirely disappear from the show. I think they need at least an appearance or two. But hey, that's just me.

Prior_of_the_Ori
January 21st, 2006, 06:40 PM
The last mention of the tok'ra was by gerak of the jaffa who wanted a more aggressive stance against them. Beyond that nothing else has been heard. I hope they are shown as well.

Lexa Jayde
January 21st, 2006, 08:07 PM
i wanna see the tokra back too!!!!

Den Sethos
January 23rd, 2006, 03:22 AM
The Tok'ra are just on vacation... Let's face it. Their arch-enemies are past history (except Baal, but Big Boy however clever he can be, is not a race), they are mostly extinct, their queen is dead... Sonds like retirement tome...

GateMan2000
January 23rd, 2006, 06:36 AM
The Tokra were in the last episode. Alternate reality Martoof ;)

Anubis345
January 23rd, 2006, 12:53 PM
Does anyone know what happened to the Tokra? They just seemed to have disappeared.the writers din't really need the tokra right now the enemy of the tokra is fading and they need not fight anymore.

the fifth man
January 23rd, 2006, 07:03 PM
The Tokra were in the last episode. Alternate reality Martoof ;)

You know, I hadn't even thought of it like that.:)

LORD MONK
January 23rd, 2006, 07:25 PM
At least we know that they are still out there.

Formerhost
January 24th, 2006, 09:10 AM
Joe said we'll see Tok'ra in season 10 :)

sparkie
January 24th, 2006, 02:49 PM
All we saw was Martouf in 'Ripple Effect' and that did not mention anything about the Tokra. I suppose they have no-one left to fight but multiple bal's.

Gaeth
January 24th, 2006, 05:24 PM
Why can't the Tok'Ra clone themselves? That could help them from dying off, especially if they could clone some DNA from their dead queen. Maybe they could make some Harsesis (I probly didn't spell that right). As for having nobody to fight, there's always the Ori plus saving their race from extinction. I hope they do make a comeback, or at least have some dramatic finish.

creed462
January 24th, 2006, 06:26 PM
Why can't the Tok'Ra clone themselves? That could help them from dying off, especially if they could clone some DNA from their dead queen. Maybe they could make some Harsesis (I probly didn't spell that right). As for having nobody to fight, there's always the Ori plus saving their race from extinction. I hope they do make a comeback, or at least have some dramatic finish.
I thought the same, but with cloning they will run into the Asgard's problem.

LORD MONK
January 24th, 2006, 08:54 PM
I am sure if they have come up with something. Remember, a queen would be the most guarded secret. Not even Jcob would tell us that because they hold a both with one another.

Merlin1701
January 25th, 2006, 06:12 AM
IVE said this before!!!!

i cant remeber the thread but i stated that the queen that died could be cloned by the asgard. the Asgrad cloning proble is due to many thousands of years of constant cloning.

In our medical world today a clone grows, from lamb to ewe. perhaps this could be done with asgard cloning, a young queen.

Perhaps thats why the Tokra broke ties with us to replenish there ranks...to kinda quote LORD MONK.

Gaeth
January 25th, 2006, 07:48 AM
I thought the same, but with cloning they will run into the Asgard's problem.

Well if they clone their queen they would only have to do it once or twice. After that they could reproduce the old fashioned way. In that manner they wouldn't run into the Asgard problem. Since people on earth could clone symbiotes with some success, then the Tok'Ra could probably do it too. Yeah Lord Monk is right that would be a very guarded secret.

LORD MONK
January 27th, 2006, 01:21 PM
I think the Queen spawned another queen before she died. Remember the Queen can pass on anything she wants. If she doesn't want to pass anything on she can like she did and was doing when we found her.

How do the Tok'Ra mature their symbiotes? Do they use Jafa to? If so, then ith the new queen I made up with oher people that would solve the symbiote problem for the Jafa whose bodies reject the Tritonin.

NightRaptor
January 27th, 2006, 02:18 PM
Agreed, anything is possible there's probably another Queen out there somewhere.

And it's natural for them to come back seeing as we now have the Ori trying to take every planet they can. And cloning the Queen would probably work, however that'll be tricky, the Goa'uld could try to tamper with that, what remains of them.

-Night Raptor

ARMS
January 27th, 2006, 08:00 PM
IVE said this before!!!!

i cant remeber the thread but i stated that the queen that died could be cloned by the asgard. the Asgrad cloning proble is due to many thousands of years of constant cloning.

In our medical world today a clone grows, from lamb to ewe. perhaps this could be done with asgard cloning, a young queen.

Perhaps thats why the Tokra broke ties with us to replenish there ranks...to kinda quote LORD MONK.
I too have said this before, the Tok'Ra could have a cloned Queen put into a willing host (preferably a doctor), and whenever it's a deadly disease, you become a Tok'ra host, and as for the Jaffa, problem solved. Also the Tok'ra could have kids with each other or Humans and produce Tok'ra Harcesis.