This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate #6- Siren's Song

Bounty-hunter Aris Boch once more has his sights on SG-1. But this time Boch isn’t interested in trading them for cash. He needs the unique talents of Dr. Daniel Jackson – and he’ll do anything to get them.

Colonel Jack O’Neill and his team are taken to Boch’s ravaged home-world and handed over to the insane Goa’uld, Sebek. Obsessed with opening a mysterious subterranean vault, Sebek demands that Jackson translate the arcane writing on the doors.When Jackson refuses, the Goa’uld resorts to devastating measures to ensure his cooperation.

With the vault exerting an increasingly malign influence, Sebek compels Jackson and O’Neill toward a horror that threatens both their sanity and their lives. Meanwhile, Carter and Teal’c struggle to persuade the starving people of Aris Boch’s world to risk everything they have to save SG-1 – and free their desolate world of the Goa’uld forever.

http://www.stargatenovels.com/sg1-sirensong.shtml

Cover looks pretty good.
    sigpic
    Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

It's been delayed some more:
    This is just a quick note to say that we had hoped to be shipping Stargate
    SG-1: Siren Song today but our printers had a serious mechanical breakdown
    on their bindery line which has put them a couple of days behind schedule.

For all of those who ordered Siren Song, it will ship in the next couple of
    days, and you will receive an instant notification when it has been
    despatched
    sigpic

Comment

It's been delayed some more:
      This is just a quick note to say that we had hoped to be shipping Stargate
      SG-1: Siren Song today but our printers had a serious mechanical breakdown
      on their bindery line which has put them a couple of days behind schedule.

For all of those who ordered Siren Song, it will ship in the next couple of
      days, and you will receive an instant notification when it has been
      despatched
      sigpic

Comment

OK. I've got it and am about 50 pages in. It's another long one, not as long as Cost of Honor however. It's nice to see the size of the novels increasing. It jumps straight into the action which seems a bit..wierd to me. I'm enjoying it however.
        sigpic

Comment

Ok it's really kicking off. The initial iffy part of the story is long gone, twists turns and everything and I'm barely into it. I have to say, Im more into this than any other novel so far.

And Im enjoying the lack of ship.
          sigpic

Comment

Yay Aris Boch. Well I know what book im gonna be buying in the next couple of weeks.
            Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

Got my copy a few days ago
              sigpic
              Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Been reading it?
                sigpic

Comment

still reading Rising
                  sigpic
                  Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

It's a short book, got through that in half a day.
                    sigpic

Comment

OK really making my way through Siren Song and yes, I think its the best so far. I really enjoyed the bit with Jacob and Selmak. The back and forth between the 2 was amusing.
                      sigpic

Comment

Have you got to meet Lorelei yet? I think it might be tribute to Trek: http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/The_Lorelei_Signal
                        sigpic

Comment

OK, I've finished and it was excellent to see such a fantastic piece of work come from Fandemoniums competition. I hope this encourages them to do another one. What I liked about this novel was the lack of tradition mythology, egypt and all that. It was something new, something we haven't seen before. Linked somehow to the Easter Island.

I also loved the idea behind the Labyrinth and the Library, it was fantastic to have it not be the Ancients but something else. Characterizations spot on as can be expected from Fandemoniums work. Was great seeing Aris again and he does indeed have a son.

I enjoyed this more than I enjoyed the other 5 books, which says something for the quality of this novel since Sally Malcoms are widely agreed to be the best of the series.

I really can't wait to see more novels from these 2.
                          sigpic

Comment

I'm almost three quarters through this and should probably be fair and wait till I'm finished till I review it, but what the heck, I'm here now, so...

I'm enjoying it, although the fact that I put it down three days ago and haven't picked it back up again yet is probably telling. The characterisations are good (mostly), I like the inclusion of Aris Boch - always wanted to see him again - but I am finding the writing style a little heavy going and laborious and the prose over-wordy in places. All the way through I've been flicking past pages and pages of description while muttering, 'Yeah, yeah, get to the point already'. Despite skipping over all these pages, so far I don't seem to have missed anything relevent in the plot. Which is an indication that a little heavier hand with the red edit pen might have been a good idea before publication.

But style is a subjective issue of course. What I find irksome about it others will find the best thing about it. <shrug>

I was also struck by the little touches of ship in there. Very subtle of the 'if you like ship you'll find it, if you don't you won't notice' variety.

One thing I haven't liked so far is Carter portrayed as being absolutely clueless when she's left alone with Teal'c. I understand that she's in a difficult situation but my Sam wouldn't be sitting there, floundering around, wondering what to do next and all out of ideas, tactics and strategies. She'd come up with some plan, even if it didn't work. I just can't see her sitting there, not doing anything, not making a move and so completely out of ideas. So I found that characterisation a little out of sync with my own.

Having said all that, I don't think this is a bad addition to the collection. The pacing could have been a little faster for me, less talk, less description, less exposition and more action. But still worth the money I paid and I will finish it.

For me it's not a page-turner, can't put it down. But it's killed a pleasant few hours here and there.

Albion
                            Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

OMG! I just finished this book a few days ago, then found this thread...OMG OMG OMG! I can't believe waht happened in that! Book! It was freaky, like, one of the worst things that could ever happen (yes, major over-the-top Daniel fan here), but it was good! It was so awesome! Wait...are spoilers okay in here? Just need to make sure before I go on with my rambling and reviewing and freaking out...

When billions vanish, including one of SG-1's own, the team looks for answers. What they find changes their lives forever, and throws them into the battle of the ages. What happens when SG-1 stands in the way of the most evil enemy they will ever face?
                              Read "Left Behind: SG-1" for excitement like never before in Stargate fanfiction!
                              Left Behind: SG-1
                              The rest of my fic: http://www.fanfiction.net/~startrekfreak

Comment

Working...
                              X