Gateworld.net and the Rumored New Site Design

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gateworld.net and the Rumored New Site Design

It was mentioned about a month ago that some changes to the website will be heading our way.
    I was wondering when are we going to see these changes?

IMO, gateworld has sticked to its current design for quite a while (since the beginning? Correct me if I am wrong...).
    Time for a change...

Oh yeah, I've been lurking around here for some time now, but now I've registered.
    Hi all!

These smilies must go. ugh.
    Last edited by FatalDreams; 20 January 2006, 10:03 AM.

Nope it hasn't, read the History which should be linked to on the front page

Originally posted by FatalDreams
    Yet you have used them in your post !!
    Last edited by Stricken; 20 January 2006, 10:06 AM.

Comment

*Rubs eyes* A new member who's first act WASNT "I have an idea about the ninth chevron/furlings" Say it aint so! FatalDreams, welcome to the forum and thank you for giving me hope

There is a site where you can see how old websites looked way back when, i checked Gateworld out, it was pretty cool! Cant wait to see how the new look will, erm well, look
      Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
      - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Originally posted by PtahTheCreationGod
        There is a site where you can see how old websites looked way back when, i checked Gateworld out, it was pretty cool! Cant wait to see how the new look will, erm well, look
        http://www.archive.org/web/web.php

That's the link.
        sigpic

Comment

This is probably our third major design in six years. We've also done some incremental but significant changes over the years.

There is a major, site-wide redesign in the very earliest of stages. It may or may not be completed in 2006 -- too early to tell.
          GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
          The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
          Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

All I ask is that you'll go the the XHTML/CSS way and follow the W3C standards...
            It will only benefit you, and your users.

Comment

I've visited several forums and I like the design and operation of this one. Don't mess around with it too much!
              sigpic
              "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Ivanova
                I've visited several forums and I like the design and operation of this one. Don't mess around with it too much!
                I second this.
                Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

I like the site the way it is
                  sigpic
                  Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

I like the site the way it is too, but I'm never one to object to a snazzy new look. You could say this design has had a ton of stuff cramed in it that might deserve their own tabs (like the blogs for instance). I look forward to it if it's in the works!!

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
                      I second this.
                      I third it....

Comment

The current design is defintely a good one... However, the amount of information that is now stored and displayed to the user is more than in the past.

Better sectioning and a more useful use of the screen real estate could be a nice touch as it'll actually free up some space and not be as cramped as it is now.

And please, while at it, replace the <mod snip> smilies of this forum!
                        Last edited by Major Tyler; 23 January 2006, 01:07 PM. Reason: remove profanity

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Ivanova
                          I thought Darren meant the site, not the forum, but I may be wrong. And FatalDreams, they are the basic V-Bulletin smilies, and there are other smilies, you just need to learn how to use them
                          Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                          - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Hm, something else I have noticed (which is quite amusing).
                            There are <i> tags in the browser title! what the heck...

Comment

Originally posted by FatalDreams
                              It was mentioned about a month ago that some changes to the website will be heading our way.
                              I was wondering when are we going to see these changes?

IMO, gateworld has sticked to its current design for quite a while (since the beginning? Correct me if I am wrong...).
                              Time for a change...

Oh yeah, I've been lurking around here for some time now, but now I've registered.
                              Hi all!

NNNOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

They have changed. Everytime they change I can't view. When they change they upgrade and when they upgrade my MSNTV doen't work anymore. Then I have to complain with the MSNTV Tech. guys and then I have to wait for my upgrade then I get it and then Gateworld changes again.
                              *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
                              *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
                              *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
                              *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
                              *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
                              *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
                              *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

Working...
                              X