Sad Music?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sad Music?

I#m sorry the title isn't more specific, but I'm wondering if anyone knew where I could find sheet or even basic notations and chords of the music track that is played in the sadder moments on the series. Exodus P3 (flashbacks of everyone boarding the plane) and the episode where Hurleys batteries finally run out for example.

Thanks
    sigpic
    Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard
    I#m sorry the title isn't more specific, but I'm wondering if anyone knew where I could find sheet or even basic notations and chords of the music track that is played in the sadder moments on the series. Exodus P3 (flashbacks of everyone boarding the plane) and the episode where Hurleys batteries finally run out for example.

Thanks
    You mean that fantastic piano and strings bit played at the aircraft montage scene in Exodus, and also in the montage at the end of Do No Harm. I don't have any sheet music, but I do have it on DVD (recorded from the Telly). You don't know if you can extract the sound, and perhaps convert it to Midi and get a score writing programme such as Sibelius to convert it to a score ... or even just send the sound so you can work out the notes. (If that's legal)
    I'm not Weird, I'm Gifted!

Comment

I really want the music for the piano piece. Hell, I'd be happy with a version that just figured out by a fan playing it.
      sigpic

Comment

I love that music as well. I was hoping they'd release some kind of soundtrack featuring it, but that seems unlikely to happen. I've noticed they haven't been using the same theme during season 2. Unfortunately, I don't know where you can obtain the sheet music. There a couple of big lost websites I might poke around in and see if anyone knows. I'd love to have the music as well.

Comment

I really want the music for the piano piece. Hell, I'd be happy with a version that just figured out by a fan playing it.
          I might have a fiddle around on Sibelius (music comp programme) this weekend, but I won't be able to figure out the chords - just the tune (if i'm lucky). Sadly, although I play Clarinet and Bassoon, I don't play Piano, so I don't have the 'ears' to work out chords. I can't guarantee working out the tune either, but i'll try.

Comment

Well I play Cornet but I can still play Piano to a degree and I have good friends who can teach me. Keep us apraised if you figure out the tune and I'll see if I can figure out the chords.
            sigpic

Comment

this website tells you the music
              http://www.have-dog.com/lost/
              this site is always good, reconise the url from anywhere?
              http://www.4815162342.com

Comment

Originally posted by SmallTimePerson
                this website tells you the music
                http://www.have-dog.com/lost/
                Sadly, it only shows music that was commersially wtitten, not stuff that was composed for the show, so this bit won't be on there.

Comment

i can only get the songs from albums, not the music from lost
                  heres another site http://www.lost-tv.co.uk/music.php
                  but i dont hin this is what ur lookin for

Comment

OK, i've had a little go:

I think the intervals between the notes are right, but I don't think it's in the right key, and I'm not entirely convinced of the rhythmn. The bit i've marked at the end as chords should be taken with a pinch of salt ... I don't even know if the notes i've shown are in the chord.

Sorry I couldn't be more help!

Comment

Could you post up an actual rip of the music to compare?
                      sigpic

Comment

Well the notation sounds right..if we can figure out the chording itll sound beautiful.
                        sigpic

Comment

Well the notation sounds right..if we can figure out the chording itll sound beautiful.
                          Did you have a go at playing it on a real instument? I've only heard it on the Sibelius computer programme.

As for your first question, I don't know how to extract sound from my DVD, or where and how to post it if Igot it out - you'd have to tell me how.

Comment

Yipo. I played it on the keyboard. The notations are right. Just gotta, ya know..change for key and work out chords.
                            sigpic

Comment

I had a go at working out just the tune, not the chords unfortunately on the piano. I came up with something very similar to what was posted

Originally posted by jonno
                              But I had it in C major and it started on a D. It sounded about right to me.

Also, this site lets you listen to the songs in some of the episodes but only from S1.
                              http://www.lost-france.com/go-musiques

Comment

Working...
                              X