• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atlantis Ratings breaks records!

Zap2it.com 'Atlantis' Rises to Ratings Records on Sci Fi
    'Atlantis' Rises to Ratings Records on Sci Fi
    (Monday, July 19 02:46 PM)
    LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) The premiere of "Stargate Atlantis," the spinoff of the Sci Fi Channel's popular "Stargate SG-1" series, delivered some of the best ratings in the network's history.

The two-hour series premiere on Friday (July 16) drew nearly 4.2 million viewers, the biggest-ever audience for a weekly series on the cable network. (Some miniseries, such as "Taken" and "Battlestar Galactica," have averaged more viewers.)

It also marked the first time a Sci Fi series has ever delivered more than 4 million viewers and better than a 3.0 household rating (3.2). Its ratings among adults 18-49, the key demographic for advertisers, were also a network best.

"Atlantis" stars Joe Flanigan, Rainbow Sun Francks and Tori Higginson as members of a Stargate team that explores a new galaxy after finding a gate in Antarctica. The gate leads to Atlantis, which is not on Earth but has jumped to another galaxy.

The show is a spinoff of "Stargate SG-1," which recently began its third season on Sci Fi and eighth overall. "SG-1" also set record ratings with its July 9 season premiere, which averaged 3.2 million viewers.
    Amazing how well Atlantis did! I am glad that it got off to a great start!! I hope that keeps up the good ratings.

Yay I'm happy that the promoting payed off for Scifi
    Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Originally posted by littlemigueljr
      Yay I'm happy that the promoting payed off for Scifi
      It appears it did just that! With 4.2 million viewers...WOW!

Ace
      "Good Morning Dr. Silberman. How's the knee?" - Sarah Connor 1994

Comment

Thats Great News!!
        When I wake up..I think of you Steve.
        I miss you.
        Please...please come back one day.

(Steve the Wraith from Season 1)

Comment

Whoa! The first series to beat SG-1's record is another Stargate show! How cool is that!!
          Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

What was SG-1's record, it couldn't have been that huge since it first aired on Showtime.
            *Peter turns on the energy based iris while Atlantis is very low on power*
            McKay - "Using power, using power, using power..."

Comment

Who sucks??

Comment

Originally posted by EYU86
                What was SG-1's record, it couldn't have been that huge since it first aired on Showtime.
                I'm talking about SG-1's record for ratings on Sci-Fi.

I believe New Order had the record of 2.4 or something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by deluzion
                  Go Atlantis! Now everyone knows you suck.
                  What? I'm hoping that was a typo!

Ace
                  "Good Morning Dr. Silberman. How's the knee?" - Sarah Connor 1994

Comment

I'm happy both shows are doing good But... Of course, ratings will probably fall a little, all shows do (well most)

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Pig
                      I'm talking about SG-1's record for ratings on Sci-Fi.

I believe New Order had the record of 2.4 or something like that.
                      Ahh... ok, my bad
                      *Peter turns on the energy based iris while Atlantis is very low on power*
                      McKay - "Using power, using power, using power..."

Comment

It's great but I would like to point out that the XFL got 52 million viewers it's first episode, and by their "Super Bowl" it had less that a million.
                        It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Comment

Yes, that was a horrible time, especially for the channel... What channel was the XFL on?

Comment

What's XFL?

Comment

I've always thought it was that football show with like wrestlers playing, i forgot

Comment

Working...
                              X