PDA

View Full Version : Duchovny Green For Hulk 2? ( Debunked)

NowIWillDestroyAbydos
January 18th, 2006, 05:08 AM
http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.php?category=0&id=34207

Marvel vice chairman Peter Cuneo told AOL's Motley Fool Radio Team that The X-Files' former star David Duchovny is under consideration to take over the title role in a straight-to-video sequel to Ang Lee's 2003 Hulk movie, according to a report on the ContactMusic.com Web site. More ...

Wyrminarrd
January 18th, 2006, 05:31 AM
Ive got nothing against Duchovny being cast in the role but if its right that they are making a Straight to DVD movie instead of a theatrical release then Ill be well and trulli pissed off :sholva:

To do a Hulk movie right you need at the very least a 100 million dollar budget, anything less and youll end up with a big steaming pile of horse manure.

MarshAngel
January 18th, 2006, 05:36 AM
Duchovny as Hulk is just too wierd. Doesn't seem right. I just don't think I can buy him as an action star.

BigGator5
January 18th, 2006, 05:42 AM
Anyone would be better than that god-aweful actor they had in the last movie.

Wyrminarrd
January 18th, 2006, 05:44 AM
Duchovny as Hulk is just too wierd. Doesn't seem right. I just don't think I can buy him as an action star.

Banner isnt really the action type, all Duchovny would have to do was play a scientist and be believeble when he gets angry. Once angry the Hulk takes over does the smashing and bashing.

They guy isnt my first choice for the movie (that would still be Bana) but theyu should be able to get him and hes not a terrible choice.

yaaayoubetcha
January 18th, 2006, 06:17 AM
Ive got nothing against Duchovny being cast in the role but if its right that they are making a Straight to DVD movie instead of a theatrical release then Ill be well and trulli pissed off :sholva:

marvel indicated some time ago that it was going to be straight to dvd only. no plans on a big screen release...the reaction to the first was sufficiently negative...both word of mouth and box office that they didn't feel confident about doing a 2nd big screen.

To do a Hulk movie right you need at the very least a 100 million dollar budget, anything less and youll end up with a big steaming pile of horse manure.

i think they had at least that amount of $$ the first time out and still ended up with what you mentioned...

Wyrminarrd
January 18th, 2006, 06:46 AM
Actually I loved the Hulk movie, it was intelligent and offered a lot more then most superhero movies. The scene were Hulk fights the tanks is by far my favorite scene in any superhero movie.

MarshAngel
January 18th, 2006, 09:28 AM
Banner isnt really the action type, all Duchovny would have to do was play a scientist and be believeble when he gets angry. Once angry the Hulk takes over does the smashing and bashing.

Yeah but thats the part I have a hard time believing. Duchovny isn't exactly known for his emotional expression.

aaobuttons
January 18th, 2006, 10:38 AM
That story is a fake! http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=22216

Wyrminarrd
January 18th, 2006, 11:39 PM
Its a huge weight of my mind that this was just a load of BS. Im now seriously hoping that we will get a quality sequal.

I think Arad is right in making the Hulk smaller for the next one but hed better not turn him into the grey Hulk, that would suck big time.

the fifth man
January 18th, 2006, 11:50 PM
Thankfully that's cleared up. I would have hated to see it direct to video. The quality would have probably been such a downgrade from the first movie.

xfkirsten
January 19th, 2006, 01:13 AM
That story is a fake! http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=22216

Thank Dog... I love David Duchovny, but I so could never see him as the Hulk!