This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whats your episode ideas for Season 3?

what do you want to happen in season three, do you have an episode idea?

your thoughts

Merlin

sigpic

here is my idea for a story, please excuse the spelling if you will

http://http://forum.gateworld.net/sh...96#post4833896
    For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

alright the link did't work so i will post the idea here:

an idea at it worst maybe, script Moded, read if you will:

the gate activates and an IDC is sent even though no teams are off word, on the atlantis comm system the people on the other side are under attack from an unknown enemy, the iris opens and out pops a rather unusual ancient ship the size of a puddle jumper quickly followed by a hail of energy weapons that strike the gateroom walls and cause them to warp and vapourise leaving gaping holes where they end, Rodney realises the inbound wormhole is infact an 8th chevron dial and imediately concludeds it may infact be from earth or the milky way indeed, the ship battle scared hovers to a rest on the floor of the gateroom, and is surrounded by guns as the others remain on the balcony eyes in awe to see the back of the ship open in segments (much like the Jaffa Helmuts do in the movie) inside is an array of coloured glowing lights and cables that hang from the interior and then shut down, a team moves closer to discover a female lying on the floor, two more unconcuious in the front in their seats both male with one who looks remarkebly like a humaoid wraith!!

later in the the sickbay the crew of the ship are under observation, when weir and shepp arrive, they discuss the rather disturbing incident and who exaclly these people are, one of the men is infact half wraith and half jaffa as it would seem with no Goa'uld larve but a intograted computerised brain inside his mind, the other male a human and the female a humanoid alien they conclude may be either jaffa or athosian with a cybernetic lower body constructed in place of her legs and spine, a remarkable discovery the atlantis crew are weary of it, meanwhile rodney asses the new ship, a hybrid ancient ship with organic components that utilise nanotechnology to regenirate, many a Star trek hence borg joke later the crew awake the female with a smile and a glace at sheppard who looks uncomfortable at the sight of her,for reasons explained later on.

in the breifing the crew explain they are from the Earth confedaracy a multi racial alliance of humans Goa'uld and Asgard amoungst others (known allies of course) and that the gate has sent them into the past approximately 70 years, in this so called future the milky way has begun its crusade to take the pegasus galaxy and Andromeda, vast fleets and planets were under the stronghold of this alliance, untill one day they ran into something that the atlantis team awoke 6 years from now but remained in the pegasus untill the future, learning that the visitors are not all that inocent they confine them to quarters and asses the truth of such a story by examining the ship which it turns out is a design concept made by rodney in the near future, the logs inside reveal that the so called confedaracy is a lie and he ship is stolen from the Atlantis offworld colony where it was held on the space station Atlantis, humans did indeed gain a foothold in pegasus after the fall of the wraith and a cure was found, but knocked on the wrong gate.

a Furling gate was found, a huge galactic gate that sped the away team to a distant part of the universe, a galaxy known as the Dead Globe, a terrible enemy slept and rivaled all of the wraith ori and goa'uld as one, the pegasus galaxy became the invasion point to which these evil enemies arrived, but the facade that was so carelessly potryaed to the atlantis crew remaies a mystery, untill they discover that the ship posses a alternated and much more advanced version of a wraith beaming device to which 26 criminals from the future resided in within the ship, the city is on lock down and the atlantis crew work to keep them in one place with sheilds and bulkheads but to no avail as they walk through them, most likely another alien technology stolen by them, the invaders take out powerand head to the jumper bay on the east wing of the city, in hot pusuit sheppard and weir miss their escape by mere seconds to witness two PJ's take off and plunge into the ocean outside, perplexed the Atlantis crew plan to follow their new enemies down to the ocean floor.

under the waves shepp pilots the PJ as it automaticly adjusts to the currents by activating adaptive wing pylons as the ship sinks into the deep depths of the water, past rocky outcrops and collosal valleys they discover the invaders have set the stolen ships inside the energy barrier of a hidden ancient base, half the size atlantis shepp is shocked to learn that such a bse could be here wih the sensors of atlantis being what they are, but they enter the feild and dock with a hatch designed for PJ's.
      once inside the walkways are lit and powered up already, by one of their friends possesing the nanoprobes to alter his DNA to ancient, the gloomy turquoise corridors lit by concelaed lights and the relection of the ocean outside the windows become wider untill the team hears voices, creeping up they arrive inside a hanger bay where to the utter shock of the atlantis team an ancient warship is docked, along with more puddlejumpers and what appears to be mining machines used to hide the base inside the ocean floor, the base is in all purposed a last escape and a retreat that would seem was never used, the atlantis team remain hidden and witness the 3 invaders use some sort of alien technology to beam the atlantis gate from the surface into the hanger in an attempt to hook it to the ship and fly off, shepp approches and catches the attention of the female who stuns him with no pause, teyla moves around to the other side and wraith stuns one of the men who quickly gets up and as shepp sits up he shoots him but the bullets go right through him, the skirmish halts to the sound of the female who explains that they need the ship to save earth, unconvinced he moves closer and pulls out a little remote that rodney gave him and the 3 invaders are asgard beamed stright into the atlantis holding cell where weir stands outside with a grin of success on her.

later shepp approches the female who reveals she is his great grandaughter and that she was held by the wraith before their demise, she ascended like he did or rather will and came back to cure the wraith, the discussion evolves into a reminiscant chatter but as they do the gate alarm go off and the incomming wormhole reveals 4 people who beam through the gate and demand the 3 invaders, weir informs them that they are prisoners but they refuse to hear her and locate their bioreadings to which the 3 are beamed into the gate room and are restaigned and taken to the gate where it opens up in an 8th chevron outgoing wormhole and they embark.

later that day the atlantis crew wonder if the people where infact from the future or if all that was said is true and where exaclly the other went from inside the ship????

the story continues out there in time
      For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

I like the idea of an under water section/base ive said it to others that have suggested it. The idea of a "hanger" holding a Ancient warship is good aswell. It has a SGA feeling, they search everywhere for a weapon to protect earth and its on earth all the time.

sigpic

Comment

Well I would like an Elizabeth centric episode 'cos there's still so much to know about her.

Comment

I'd love to see an episode devoted to Hermiod saving the day. Call it 'The Lone Norseman' haha, and have him be the only one left on the Daedalus after it is boarded by some unspeakably evil nasty aliens. Not the Wraith, because they are about as threatening as a wet sponge. Perhaps
            Spoiler:
            the creators of the Hotzone nanovirus, who are in Season 3

Cue many scenes of Hermiod having to get his hands dirty, and maybe even use a weapon or two, which comes with much complaining about Asgard morals. I think that would be an awesome episode personally, about time someone other than the main characters saved the day
            A million monkeys were given a million typewriters. It's called the internet.

Comment

They should have a 3-part season finale with the ori and atlantis. This would give Daniel the oppurtunity to visit atlantis and tell them about the ori. It would be perfect because it would give the ori a chance at getting back at the ancients.

Comments?

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Dannos
                Cue many scenes of Hermiod having to get his hands dirty, and maybe even use a weapon or two, which comes with much complaining about Asgard morals. I think that would be an awesome episode personally, about time someone other than the main characters saved the day
                imagine hermoid with an rpg...he flies across the room when he fires it

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin1701
                  what do you want to happen in season three, do you have an episode idea?

your thoughts

Merlin
                  hey i just watched hot zone from season 1 and i am thinking that maybe the city is controled by a yet discovered artifical intellengence named Jennifer or something like that what do you guys think!!
                  I'm a doctor.. a medical doctor. I break things like this.. "beckett season one episode one of atlantis"

Comment

Originally posted by katrin
                    hey i just watched hot zone from season 1 and i am thinking that maybe the city is controled by a yet discovered artifical intellengence named Jennifer or something like that what do you guys think!!
                    no its another race, its one of the first 5 eps in S3

Comment

Id Personally like to see more off world exploration in season 3 as i believe theyve been lacking a lot of palnet exploring the past two seasons

Comment

I have an idea for a multi episode arc and perhaps the introduction of a new reaccuring character.

The main premise is that a planet has managed to avoid being culled the last few times and have therefore managed to build up an an advanced and numerous civilization. They are extremely paranoid about being culled this time as there are many more hive ships running around and have therefore developed a strategy of forward defense. If they detect a hive ship that seems to be heading their way they find a semi advanced world that will be hit first and offer to protect that world. They manage to destroy the hive ship and then they get the heck out of dodge. The people of that world flee and the wraith then come in force and destroy that world thinking that it had built the force that had taken out the hive ship.

Now these people are faced with a dilemma, they´ve picked up a fleet of hive ships moving around near their planet. They realise that they need to relocate but they need time to do so. They are aware of Atlantis and it´s location (nearby in galactic terms) and therefore contrive to lure the wraith fleet into attacking Atlantis instead. It´s in these peoples best interest that the wraith fleet be destroyed completely and they therefore again offer their aid in destroying the fleet. Lead be a highly capable and dedicated officer they would join Atlantis is a massive space born battle. They would own up to having set the wraith on Atlantis but as a peace offering they would bring with them one or more ZPM´s, enough so that Atlantis could take of and flee should the battle be lost (they wouldn´t hand it over til the battle started just in case the Atlantians should try and leave without fighting the wraith.

Most if not all of the ships and men of these people die in the battle. After it is over Weir or someone would ask if they were going back to their world. The leader then reveals that his entire race has fled their planet and set up in a solar system that has no inhabitable world, hoping that this way the wraith would never be able to find them again (there are a billions of solarsystems to hind in). Nobody in the fleet that went to help Atlantis knows were this place is and had come knowing it was a one way ticked and not realy believing that the battle could be won.

These stranded survivors could then be used again and again should they prove popular.

Comment

time travel maybe, people from the future a possiblility, it would be nice to see what the future of atlantis would be like, like the synopsis a few post above it dosen't reveal too much we have an odd alien ship a lie is told to which nobody can verify as they haven't seen the future and a plan by these invaders by taking or trying to steal an ancient warship hidden on Atlantica (the planet atlantis is on) because they are aware of it being there, but the time travel from the future would change the past and so the future would be different, but its nice to see what it could be like out there, another and maybe a little less exciting is an altenate reality version of atlantis, shpps team are sent there by accident possibly a Quantum mirror or some other alien tech and the atlantis crew are not so nice, it makes them think of what could really happen in desperate times, i mean they had problems over keeping wraiths for experiments in their reality but the other side is a far worse picture of evil or mearly an act of deperation to stay alive since they are cut off from earth, the possibilities are quite endless but we may end up with cliche's and we all know how we hate them.

Comment

I´d have to vote against time travel in general and especially against seeing into the future. Once you start doing that you are effectively hamstringing possibilites for a another spin-off set in the future. This is the biggest mistake the Star Trek made, in Voyager and Enterprise they showed how things would end up and thus made any series set at a later date be far less interesting.

A small glimpse of a maybe future is about all you can allow. I personally just find time travelling to be such a frellingly stupid idea

Comment

Originally posted by Wyrminarrd
                              I´d have to vote against time travel in general and especially against seeing into the future. Once you start doing that you are effectively hamstringing possibilites for a another spin-off set in the future. This is the biggest mistake the Star Trek made, in Voyager and Enterprise they showed how things would end up and thus made any series set at a later date be far less interesting.

A small glimpse of a maybe future is about all you can allow. I personally just find time travelling to be such a frellingly stupid idea

not so, allow me to explain.

the synopsis i posted 3rd down on this thread invloves Shepps great grand daughter but it doesen't reveal too much, they attempt to steal the ancient warship for a reason we don't know,they come back but we dont know why, they lied about the future, and lastly their presence in the past changes the future, we get told things that may come to pass, but the imagination fills the gaps thus releiving the straign on VFX and adds a serious mystery and the possibility to evolve the story line in the present, a warning from the future is basicly what it is, in the synopsis we are informed that atlantis is still around in space no less but no body but the people from the future can prove this and as it goes the visitors are lying, we don't know if atlantis was destroyed or relocated, if the wraith are defeated and some survivors remained and were cured 70 years on, the majot threat of wraith may have been taken care of in the progress of the SGA show, we don't know if Shepps grand daughter is his or if earth is still around, if they really are from the future or was it an alien plot to steal ancient technology, they managed to aqcuire info on earth and used it to their advantage with advanced alien tech in pegasus, we may never know but it opens the imagination.

i know what you mean time travel can and has in other sci fi shows killed any and all story development, why have a story when we know how it ends ENT being a prime example and a waste of money, but snippits from the future or not actually going into the future gives the stroyarc much more and keeps the options open is what i am saying.

Comment

Working...
                              X