X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zap2it.com - Rising Ratings

http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve...462|1|,00.html

The premiere got approx. 1 million more viewers than SG1 did, and made some other records. I expected this With the whole scifi mega promotion.
    Last edited by Elwe Singollo; 19 July 2004, 02:18 PM.
    Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Worth quoting....

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) The premiere of "Stargate Atlantis," the spinoff of the Sci Fi Channel's popular "Stargate SG-1" series, delivered some of the best ratings in the network's history.

The two-hour series premiere on Friday (July 16) drew nearly 4.2 million viewers, the biggest-ever audience for a weekly series on the cable network. (Some miniseries, such as "Taken" and "Battlestar Galactica," have averaged more viewers.)

It also marked the first time a Sci Fi series has ever delivered more than 4 million viewers and better than a 3.0 household rating (3.2). Its ratings among adults 18-49, the key demographic for advertisers, were also a network best.

The show is a spinoff of "Stargate SG-1," which recently began its third season on Sci Fi and eighth overall. "SG-1" also set record ratings with its July 9 season premiere, which averaged 3.2 million viewers.

So 3.2 rating for Atlantis, 2.4 rating for SG-1's premiere. They must be very excited at Bridge studios. I can hear the corks popping from here.
    Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

Woo-Hoo for Stargate Atlantis !
      Surely no amount of hype would achieve that level of 4.2 Million Viewers, so they must have got, and kept, people's attention on their own merit ,IMO.
      Of course,the figures may go down next ep ,but still a magnificent start.

Thanks for Posting the link,lmj .
      The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

I agree fhb, the figures will most likely do that, but hey, season premieres, the midseason break and the season finales are the episodes that usually get into the record books anyway, haha...

Comment

I know,but I'm impressed by this start...and hopefully Sky will be keener to sign up and show Atlantis now.

I hope so,anyway .

Comment

I'm pretty sure sky will, haha...

Comment

I suppose I sound selfish really!
              I want to see Atlantis go global actually, and be the best it can be (like SG-1).
              Pretty hard if the TV companies don't commit themselves the way Sci-Fi have,IMO.

Help ! I seem to have a megalomaniac streak after all......

Comment

I think Atlantis will probably, since SG1 is already a huge success 'globally', haha...

Comment

I hope most that saw it enjoyed it, so that it wont drop to 1.7 next week.

Comment

that would be a big drop off, really depressing if it did

Comment

I think a drop-off is to be expected. This was the series premiere, after all.
                      Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

I think all series premieres get high ratings, if they don't, thats a sign for a show to be cancelled, haha, that is after a few episodes the show doesn't increase in ratings...

Comment

Lets just wait and see,Guys. No need for pessimism yet over Atlantis.

Comment

I still like SG1 better, haha, sorry just had to say that

Comment

Nothing wrong with liking one show over the other,lmj,personally I like both,but this Thread is about Atlantis ratings !

Let's wish both shows well !

Comment

Working...
                              X