X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sheppard's backstory

http://blog.scifi.com/stargate/

said [Joe Flanigan] came to Brad last year with a story idea in which Colonel Sheppard lives with a people for a protracted amount of time, and affects those people in a significant way. Now, Joe was probably thinking of being their saviour in a guns blazing, “Magnificent Seven” kind of way, but when you watch it, you’ll see that his impact on the people in this episode is different, but just as significant. He does get to do some fighting, don’t you worry, but if I remember correctly, he gets his butt kicked a few times.

Brad also added that he wished he could have explored Sheppard’s backstory more in this episode, but he promises (promises!) to reveal more in season 3.

So, a promise, in an official Scifi.Com blog. So, anybody think it will happen??

click on link above for the full text

i would hope we saw a bit of sheppard's past, or at least here it. So far we have only got info from rising and home, i think. He is the main "hero" yet we know about as much of his backstory as Ronan's.

Comment

Originally posted by SmallTimePerson
      i would hope we saw a bit of sheppard's past, or at least here it. So far we have only got info from rising and home, i think. He is the main "hero" yet we know about as much of his backstory as Ronan's.
      Actually, I feel that we know more about Ronan's than we do Sheppard's.

Comment

Originally posted by gambit
        Actually, I feel that we know more about Ronan's than we do Sheppard's.
        I agree. IIRC, all we really know about Sheppard's past is what happened in Afghanistan, that he got posted in Antarctica, and that he passed the MENSA test but never joined. That's diddly-squat compared to what we've got on the other main characters.

Member of W.A.S.P. ~ My Fan Fiction ~MySpace ~ Thanks to *E*K*R* for the sig!

Comment

Originally posted by CeeKay Sheppard
          I agree. IIRC, all we really know about Sheppard's past is what happened in Afghanistan, that he got posted in Antarctica, and that he passed the MENSA test but never joined. That's diddly-squat compared to what we've got on the other main characters.
          • And that he likes ferris wheels
          • Tea
          • Planes that go faster than 200mph (think that was it).
          • His two friends in Afghanistan, Dex and Mitch (ooh, weird, Ronon Dex and Cameron Mitchell - do the writers think about all these names that sound alike??) got toasted by an RGP
          • Likes beer
          • Like Johnny Cash
          • Has a guitar
          • Likes to surf

Nothing on family to speak of. It would be nice to learn more about the pivotal points in his life that made him the man he is today.
          Last edited by prion; 20 January 2006, 08:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by prion
            [*]Planes that go faster than 200mph (think that was it).
            he said anything that goes over 200mph i think...
            Nothing on family to speak of. It would be nice to learn more about the pivotal points in his life that made him the man he is today.
            I dont think he has a fmaily any more, or at least he doesn't talk o them, as he didn't want to send a message to anyone in Letters from pegasus

Comment

Ture I hoping to see some more of his back ground, I mean they told us more about Mitchel in this season then they have about shepherd. What is that?

They Probly have the names sounding alike to keep them eazy to remember. It is hard to keep name stait when you have a lot of charecters to work with.

Out of curisoity what is the MENSA
              Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Originally posted by creed462
                Out of curisoity what is the MENSA
                a group of "geniuses" that talk about stuff, the test is very hard and apparently its supposed to be pretty rude, there are many joke mensa tests around

Comment

Originally posted by SmallTimePerson
                  a group of "geniuses" that talk about stuff, the test is very hard and apparently its supposed to be pretty rude, there are many joke mensa tests around
                  I wonder why Sheppard would have turned down the opportunity to join MENSA? But I'm not surprised he passed, as elves have higher than average IQs.
                  BTW, an episode called Sateda will be in Season Three, which focuses on Ronon's backstory (Sateda being the name of his homeworld).

Comment

Originally posted by BubblingOverWithIdeas
                    I wonder why Sheppard would have turned down the opportunity to join MENSA?
                    MENSA is for people who have an IQ in the top 2% of the population. And they exchange ideas, lectures, discussions etc. Can you image Sheppard hanging out with a bunch of people like that? Hell, he sometimes has to kill people in his job.

Comment

the best part about original characters created specifically made for the show is that the writers can add all kinds of interesting tidbits about their past. The lead characters of Sheppard and Mitchell are lucky in the story department

Too bad it can't be said about daniel or jack both characters which we all know by now started in the movies. The writers couldn't expanded them beyond what was already said in the movies probably due to legal issues. jack lost his kid to a hand gun accident and daniel lost his parents at an early age.

I think the only time they tryed to shed some background was in "the game keeper" and maybe a little throw away comment here and there about what they did before discovering the stargate. Too bad they didn't have family
                      the good ole days of sg-1

Comment

Originally posted by GoldenSG-1
                        the best part about original characters created specifically made for the show is that the writers can add all kinds of interesting tidbits about their past. The lead characters of Sheppard and Mitchell are lucky in the story department
                        Andyes, we're still waiting on Shep... they've done some good stuff with Mitchell and heck, it's only his first year. Shep is 1.5 seasons now and we're still going , hello, backstory!

Comment

I'm eternally optimistic for the future, but it does sound like we have at least one, maybe more episodes that will explain Ronon's backstory more... maybe Sheppard will get a look in there, like he desperately needs in Season3, and I'm quite hopeful of this.

Capt

Comment

Originally posted by TheCaptain
                            I'm eternally optimistic for the future, but it does sound like we have at least one, maybe more episodes that will explain Ronon's backstory more... maybe Sheppard will get a look in there, like he desperately needs in Season3, and I'm quite hopeful of this.

Capt
                            NOt to want to sound negative, but I think oil will hit below $50 a barrell before we get any decent backstory on Shep. Sad to say, but when they have Mitchell sounding almost like Shep in one scene in tonght's "Ripple Effect.".........

Comment

Originally posted by prion
                              NOt to want to sound negative, but I think oil will hit below $50 a barrell before we get any decent backstory on Shep. Sad to say, but when they have Mitchell sounding almost like Shep in one scene in tonght's "Ripple Effect.".........
                              I will be watching Ripple Effect tonight so I don't know what you're talkin about yet, but I'm honestly not going to be surprised that we won't learn much about Shep till mid-late S3, or even later still. We learnt about Jack O'Neill, for example, sporatically over the movie and the first couple of seasons of SG-1, so I'm hopeful that, as Atlantis carries on through more episodes and into more seasons, more of our favourite characters' backstories will be revealed.

Its TPTBs show, they'll tell us what they want to tell us when they think it's appropriate. We either stay with the show and stick it out, hopeful for the best but willing to roll with the punches, or we vote with our remotes and switch to something else.

That's just my thoughts here. Cheers

Capt

Comment

Working...
                              X