This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my beef with the ori.

the problem with having the ori as the bad guys is there is no one to fight. i mean i like seeing the team fight someone like the jaffa. hell they could even fight the replicators. the priors arent really an entertaining enemy. i really wish they would add some goons for the sg teams to fight. if this keeps up, we will see sg-1 using a fire hose on the ori in their city.

Oh, I don't think the Priors are the only thing that the Ori are going to throw at us...

Comment

Spoilers below!!!!

Beware of spoilers!!!

You might just get your wish when it comes to Ori goons. I think I remember reading in the season ten section that in the season ten opener (currently titled Flesh and blood) they will have Ori warriors and an Ori space ship although I could be wrong.

Comment

there will be ori GIs in s10 finally.

Comment

Yep, we're going to have to face off against Ori warriors. Should be fun to see. SG-1 is just going to have to kick their as*** like they did the Jaffa long ago.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by BigGator5
            Oh, I don't think the Priors are the only thing that the Ori are going to throw at us...
            Hope your right!:
            WELL SPANK ME ROSY!

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
              Yep, we're going to have to face off against Ori warriors. Should be fun to see. SG-1 is just going to have to kick their as*** like they did the Jaffa long ago.

i hope so unless the ori enhanced them.

Comment

I don't think this is going to come down to fight between sg-1 and Ori warriors, especially when the Ori themselves finally arrive.

Comment

the alterrans will take care of them hopefully

Comment

Originally posted by NakedJehutyV2
                    the alterrans will take care of them hopefully
                    If it does one day eventually come down to that, it will definitely be something to see.
                    sigpic
                    "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I actually had a thought this morning about why the Ori haven't made for a dazzling "Big bad".

They haven't personalized them. They are too generalized.

Farscape had Scorpius as the embodiment of the "Peacekeepers". In the Gou'ald days, Stargate personified their threat with a series of flamboyant system lords. Even BSG has given the Cylons specific personalities for us to become familiar with. A threat needs a "face".

With the Ori, we've only seen a series of expressionless, bland Priors and that one stiff played by Julian Sands.

The threat of the Ori is too general, amorphous, and lacks a personality to make for engaging television.

Comment

Originally posted by MediaSavant
                        I actually had a thought this morning about why the Ori haven't made for a dazzling "Big bad".

They haven't personalized them. They are too generalized.

Farscape had Scorpius as the embodiment of the "Peacekeepers". In the Gou'ald days, Stargate personified their threat with a series of flamboyant system lords. Even BSG has given the Cylons specific personalities for us to become familiar with. A threat needs a "face".

With the Ori, we've only seen a series of expressionless, bland Priors and that one stiff played by Julian Sands.

The threat of the Ori is too general, amorphous, and lacks a personality to make for engaging television.
                        I think you're right. I need a villain I can love to hate. I like the IDEA of the Ori, but there's nothing there creep me out or focus my 'hate'. Like you say, Evil needs a face. Literally, in fact, because Anubis never really worked either - kind of hard to sneer wickedly when all you've got is an amorphous black blob to work with. What's the use of a Bad Guy/Girl who can't do Trademark Bad Guy Evil Sneer with style? There's a reason why villains have traditionally been great roles for really good actors.

Comment

Just you guys wait, I think your wishes are about to get answered.

Comment

I think so too. Ten they are giving us a living Ori
                            Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Originally posted by creed462
                              I think so too. Ten they are giving us a living Ori
                              And that's going to be freaking sweet! Personalization problem taken care of.
                              sigpic
                              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Working...
                              X