This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Battlestar Galatica Intro depressing

Right ok, i know its a depressing story, but do they have to make everything about it all seem so helpless and depressing?

Joe Mallozzi: "Like my grandmother used to say: Whenever a gate closes, a hyperspace window opens…"

I don't find it depressing, i like it a lot. It kinda gives me goosebumps when i watch it. It's a great theme tune though.

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

I like it - I dont think its to depressing, fits perfectly for me + the music rocks. I got it downloaded, love hearing it.
      Blitz

www.myspace.com/twilightpeace

One was an experiment made to cause destruction in any condition except water, the other was an aquatic expermiment to destroy the world...but in the end...Stitch and Nim: They made an amazing Hula team

Comment

Theme tune is just awesome
        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
        love Torri

Comment

Its a great theme tune and a good opening, but it is just a bit depressing, that they tell you everyweek that the human race is exstincted

Joe Mallozzi: "Like my grandmother used to say: Whenever a gate closes, a hyperspace window opens…"

Comment

The intro is great, especially with that calm music that eventually becomes fast paced, providing a dramatic build up that really sets me up for the episode I'm about to watch. Even on DVD I watch the intro for each episode - I guess it's all part of it.

BSG75 Viper Squadron

Comment

I like the UK music better.

Although that is the first music I heard when watching this show, so that might be a bit biased.

Comment

As far as I know, the US version is now the same as the UK version. Only season one in the US had the altered theme.

Depressing as it is, nothing will ever be more despressing then the "Millennium" show theme, or the show itself. As awesome as it was, the "impending evil" always made you feel completely helpless.
                Music Profile: 83710 Songs --- 3714 Artists --- 7051 Albums

Comment

i love the music as well.

sad but then moving to face paced and to a certain extent hopeful.
                  Thanks!
                  Jordan

my page
                  My LJ
                  From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

I love it...yes it's a tad depressing, but it's meant to be. After all we are watching a show about a group of folks who really are up against it. For me it really gets me in the mood for the ep and like Anubis69 says gives me goosebumps.

Comment

I must admit I don't like the music in the intro for season 2, it just doesn't seem to fit to me, I much preferred the intro from season 1 in the US. The season 1 had a good mix of dramatic and somewhat militaristic music but the chanting theme from season 2 doesn't seem to capture the full depth of the show. In the end it doesn't matter much, it's just an intro theme, but when I watch the season 2 DVD's I skip the intro now as opposed to season 1 I actually liked watching it because the theme was so well done and effective.

Comment

my impression is the exact contrary lol

the us theme of season 1 didn't seem to capture the full depth of the show. i don't need military snare drums to feel excited. the uk theme is wonderful, well done and effective.

Comment

It is effective in that it makes me hit the forward fast button, thus speeding the intro along, so yes you're right, it is effective.

Comment

I like how they've mixed the two, with the soothing UK music to start off with, then the furious drumbeats of the 'blipvert' sequences. It's perfect.
                            ...but now I know
                            That twenty centuries of stony sleep
                            Were vexed to nightmare by a rocking cradle,
                            And what rough beast, its hour come 'round at last,
                            Slouches toward Bethlehem to be born?

Comment

It makes a nice change from the usual type of music on opening credits.

Comment

Working...
                              X