This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NY (NJ) convention

Anyone here going? I've already bought my tix, can't wait!

Just have to decide which day to wear the SG-1 "costume".

My 6yr old will have a Jaffa symbol on his forehead.
    GateFan67 aka GateFan810 www.gatefan.org

Help support my convention habit. Buy Avon from my website
    www.youravon.com/lorourke

Originally posted by GateFan67
    Anyone here going? I've already bought my tix, can't wait!

Just have to decide which day to wear the SG-1 "costume".

My 6yr old will have a Jaffa symbol on his forehead.

When and where is it?

Comment

Here's a link to the event:

http://www.creationent.com/

A couple more weeks to go!

Comment

Hey Gatefan67! I hope you're still checking this thread. I'm going to the con but just on Sunday. I'm hoping to find some friends as I'm going alone (my five-yr-old was very upset when I told him he couldn't go with me!). I'll be the one looking lost & nervous! Seriously, I don't know how I'll find people from the board - I think I'll put a little sticker on my purse or something with "e7" on it.

I just got my ticket & I'm really bummed Amanda's not coming now.

Maybe I'll see ya there. Have fun!
        e7of7

"It's not having what you want. It's wanting what you've got." - Sheryl Crow

Comment

Hi! I'm actually bringing my 6 year old son! They get in free, 6 & under. He loves the show, I figured why not then I won't be by myself. I live in Mass. so I'm driving down for both days. I was only going to do one day until I found out the guests were split up. I'll most likely be carrying a big purse, looks kinda like a briefcase bag, it's black and has a pink and plaid "L" on it.

We should try and meet up; that way you won't be by yourself, and I will have another adult to talk to! And if you cave and bring the 5 yr old they can keep each other busy. lol

GateFan67 (if you use the scifi board, I'm GateFan810 there)

Comment

Wow, are you serious?! I had no idea kids get in free. My son would LOVE to go. I'm a little afraid he'll say something embarrassing about me to MS, though! It would be perfect for us to hang together. I'll look for you there.

BTW, there was a gatefan67 on the scifi board. That's not you?
            e7of7

"It's not having what you want. It's wanting what you've got." - Sheryl Crow

Comment

Heads up! Don S. Davis' 62nd birthday* is 4 Aug. Creation management and the DSD Yahoo Group have been alerted.

*He proudly announced his 61st at Trek Expo 2003, so I'm not violating privacy.

This former Jersey Girl wishes she could be there. But I've been to four cons since January and need a rest!

Gilder
              Gilder

You can contact me through my GW Forums profile (email preferred) or on Facebook.

www.chimaeracon.com

Comment

I've decided to go - but only on Sunday. I think I'll be going alone since all my local SF friends seem to have other plans this weekend -- the main reason I took so long to decide. That, and the fact that Amanda won't be there.

I'm not bringing the kids. My eldest at 4 1/2 does LOVE anything space related, but I haven't introduced him to Stargate yet because I just don't think he's ready.

Hope to see you there!
                Grace Under Pressure & Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History
                two lj communities celebrating some of scifi's most compelling creations

stargate_women bsg_women

Comment

I'll be in Wildwood NJ when that happens. So looks like I'm out.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
                  [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Hi! We've got a little crew at the scifi forum trying to figure out how we can meet up. It seems a lot of use have kids around the same age! That's some demographic for the show!

I'll keep you posted.

(I'm GateFan810 at the other forum)

Comment

Well, somehow I managed not to connect with anyone from the threads but I did make some new friends on-site!

Did you enjoy it?

The demographics of kids is a discussion thread I just might start!
                      Grace Under Pressure & Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History
                      two lj communities celebrating some of scifi's most compelling creations

stargate_women bsg_women

Comment

Originally posted by zephyrRS
                        Well, somehow I managed not to connect with anyone from the threads but I did make some new friends on-site!

Did you enjoy it?

The demographics of kids is a discussion thread I just might start!
                        I had an unbelievable time! Probably the highlight of my summer.

I made up a website of my photos:
                        www.gatefan.bravehost.com

Just got word the other day that the tour is coming to Boston next year! A bit closer to me!

Your post has been in my mailbox forever, I finally got around to replying.

Who was your favorite guest? I would have to say Teryl, she's just so funny and stays on the subject!

Comment

Working...
                        X