• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bastille Day (103)

Visit the Episode GuideGALACTICA SEASON ONE
    BASTILLE DAY
    EPISODE NUMBER - 103

A political prisoner and leader of a dissident movement takes members of the Galactica crew hostage in a bid for freedom, and demands that a new President be duly elected.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by Darren; 25 April 2011, 05:21 PM.

Ah, this thread looks lonely! Another enjoyable episode, though it doesn't really stand on its own, rather seems to be getting some storylines together for the rest of the series. Setting the stage, you might say. Not much action for Boomer though I suppose that is because she did a lot in the previous episode. I loved the Starbuck / Tigh scenes. There really is a chemistry between them. And two classic Tigh quotes from this ep: "Couple of lemons, we could make lemonade" and "The difference is, my flaws are personal; yours are professional". Oh, and, "What is this "we" crap?"
    Last edited by Catsitter; 02 July 2006, 02:29 PM.
    Please... leave the touching to the experts.

Comment

if your talking about classic quotes you cant forget

cally: "he's lucky thats all i bit off"

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWmw1u2to5M

Currently recruiting new staff

Comment

I CANT BELEIVE CALLY BIT A GUYS EAR OFF!

Lee got the crap beaten out of him, and StarBuck showed off her snipering skills - Just a day in the life I guess.
        I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
        Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Nice to see that they are going to hold elections. Starbuck with sniper skills was cool too. Baltar needing a nuke for his cylon detector is interesting too. No. 6 continues to manipulate him quite well. The scene between Tigh and Starbuck at the end about their problems was gold too
          Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

My fav lines:

Tigh: Where's your mommy?
            Boxy: Dead. Where's yours?
            Tigh: I'm looking for Boomer.
            Boxy: 1400, Boomer's in the tool room.

Just that moment and the way Boxy talked to Tigh was great.....the line about "mommy" was classic!!!

Wished they'd show more of the kid!!!!

"Tibet is not a contact information, it's a country. Why not just write Earth while you're at it, incase anyone needs to know where Tibet is?"- Ingrid from Uptown Girls

Comment

What I liked about this episode was Lee. When the riot was starting instead of staying in the cell and doing nothing like Zarek suggested he goes out, he starts fighting, and eventually gets beaten pretty bad. But I love how his character is willing to go out there in a situation like that when he is so completely outnumbered. Everything about him in this episode, I Loved. Also when he grabs the gun from the guard then takes out the prisoner holding the gun to kali. So cool.
              Last edited by GATEGOD; 26 February 2008, 09:47 PM.

Comment

Have to say I would of forced the prisoners to work regardless, that is if I hadn't ordered them killed at the beginning. But none the less I'm really enjoying the No. 6 and Baltar interaction.

And I wonder what the Cylons plans for Helios are, guess all will be mad slightly less murky as it goes on
                A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

best scene was when Cally bit that guys ear off. she may be small and cute but she's tough.

WAY TO GO CALLY!!!

Comment

https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I love how the Old Apollo and the New Apollo faced off in the end.
                      sigpic

Comment

An intense, gritty and impressive piece of work. Of course, this was also the introduction of the great character Tom Zarek.

My favorite moment is definitely the exchange between Zarek and Apollo in which Tom analyzes the significance of Lee's call sign. "A God can reconcile... two opposing forces, but a mortal has to pick one side or the other."

Tom Zarek just gave the episode gravitas and the episode also works on a meta level given the "Apollo vs. Apollo" log line. Overall, a solid effort.

7/10
                        sigpic
                        Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

This was definitely one of the best episodes for BSG!
                          sigpic

Comment

It should also be noted that the following Tigh line is incredibly fun to say...

"13 percent sodium chloride - we can't drink salt water!!"
                            sigpic
                            Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

I loved the Starbuck / Tigh scenes. There really is a chemistry between them. And two classic Tigh quotes from this ep: "Couple of lemons, we could make lemonade" and "The difference is, my flaws are personal; yours are professional". Oh, and, "What is this "we" crap?"[/QUOTE]

yup.. Tigh's sounding confident n optimistic for once
                              If you're interested in reading my longest fanfic story, which is an action/adventure story involving the elusive Furlings (as well as if you want to read the others), please click the link below.
                              [URL="http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6888222/1/Tauri_Furling_First_Contact_and_Alliance[/URL]

RIP Sep 2010 to beloved gateworld.net member and forum contributor Weedle, very skilled soldier with military special operations, a wonderful human being, and a friend to so many on gateworld. May we keep his memory close.

Comment

Working...
                              X