This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bring In Manny Coto!

I mean this as no offence to the writers of either Stargate show, but a new face and fresh ideas could really make Stargate even better. Manny Coto was brought in for the last season of Enterprise and wrote some amazing stories, it's just a shame it was too late to convince Paramount. He made the franchise worth watching again, so imagine what he could do for Stargate.

The writing for the show is already great, but if Manny Coto could write some episodes then it would be unmissable sci-fi

- "I ask you. What could possibly be in my eye that would explain this?"
    - "Lose it…it meant go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of one’s faculties, three fries short of a happy meal….WACKO!"
    - "I'm taking this loop off..."
    - "Did they try the doughnuts? You made sure they were krispy kremes right?"
    - "Carter, all I heard was matrix, and I found those films quite confusing."
    - "I played Def Jam Vendetta."

Personally i though Enterprise was okay UNTIL its last series. I also dont see any problems with the team ATM
    Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
    - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

I totally disagree S4 of Enterprise was a major dissapointment compared to S3

one of the best additions of this year looks to be Alan McCulloch to the sg-1 writing staff, new, younger writers with little to no sci-fi experience would be a great as they bring fresh ideas rather than what would be rehashed star trek stories

Comment

Manny Coto is busy with 24 right now. He is a great writer and has a great team. S4 of ENT was the the great season of ENT, seasons 1-3 were dreadful.

Comment

Originally posted by Vyse
          Manny Coto is busy with 24 right now. He is a great writer and has a great team. S4 of ENT was the the great season of ENT, seasons 1-3 were dreadful.
          ...and I doubt he'd step down from one of the most prominent shows on TV on a major network to do a cable show again.

Comment

Manny Coto is a Trek fan, don't know if he's a sg fan

season 4 of enterprise was the best. Most of the bad things of it are because of B&B (like nazi aliens, TATV).

Comment

Originally posted by shockwave
              Manny Coto is a Trek fan, don't know if he's a sg fan

season 4 of enterprise was the best. Most of the bad things of it are because of B&B (like nazi aliens, TATV).
              See, Nazi aliens... how does any professional writer think THATS a good idea? Seriously?
              Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

That you have to ask beavis and butthead, it was their idea,
                to quote, "Because nazis are cool."
                NFC

Comment

Some arc's in season 4 were good but others really, really sucked. That whole Nazi plot really blew the show for me. There I was on the edge of my seat at the end of season 3 and then what...pure dissapointment.

Comment

Nazi crap and TATV is from Berman and Braga. They wrote the season 3 finale, and wrote the nazi aliens in as a WTF. Manny Coto had to get out of this crap. The final episode, one of the most hated eps, is also from Berman and Braga

Comment

I always try to bring up in "writer" threads that the franchise already has eight writers on staff, two of whom are new this year (Alan McCullough and Carl Binder). Nine, if you want to count Peter DeLuise, even though he didn't have any scripts to his name during S9/S2.

The other writers are Brad Wright, Robert Cooper, Joseph Mallozzi, Paul Mullie, Damian Kindler, and Martin Gero. Gero was hired on during the first season of SGA.

a time to mourn

Comment

Originally posted by shockwave
                        Nazi crap and TATV is from Berman and Braga. They wrote the season 3 finale, and wrote the nazi aliens in as a WTF. Manny Coto had to get out of this crap. The final episode, one of the most hated eps, is also from Berman and Braga
                        The final episode was the Terra Prime stuff, the "Enterprise series finale" was infact a TNG episode.
                        I thought season 4 was much better than the rest of the seasons, mostly because it was finally maturing and the actors finally comfortable etc etc.
                        While I'm sure he'd be able to help SG1, they just 'recently' got some new blood, so let's let them try it out first : )

Comment

Originally posted by Hatcheter
                          I
                          The other writers are Brad Wright, Robert Cooper, Joseph Mallozzi, Paul Mullie, Damian Kindler, and Martin Gero. Gero was hired on during the first season of SGA.
                          Not to mention the occaisional contributions of one Chris Judge...

Frankly, the writing seems fine as it is - minus the unusually frequent missteps on Atlantis recently - without bringing in a writer who's obvious expertise is Trek.
                          Jayne - Ain't logical. Cuttin' on his own face, rapin' and murdering - Hell, I'll kill a man in a fair fight... or if I think he's gonna start a fair fight, or if he bothers me, or if there's a woman, or if I'm gettin' paid - mostly only when I'm gettin' paid. But these Reavers... last ten years they show up like the bogeyman from stories. Eating people alive? Where's that get fun?
                          Kaylee - Shepherd Book said they was men who just reached the edge of space, saw a vasty nothingness, and went bibbledy over it.
                          Jayne - Oh, hell, i've been to the edge. Just looked like... more space.
                          - Serenity

Comment

Those aliens were fun, and ENT S4 was the best of ENT imo.

Comment

Star Trek. Successful for nearly 40 years. New idiot producer brought in. Show dies.
                              Stargate. Successful for over 10 years. Let's not, eh?

if Star Trek is Manny Coto's expertise i'd hate to see what he's bad at

Comment

Working...
                              X