This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Colonial Rank pins.

Anyone know of a sourse to get replicas of the Colonial Rank insignia pins?
    sigpic
    Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
    To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
    And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

you can check them out on ebay, they appear every once and a while, but can be expencive.

Comment

Originally posted by GALACTIC MYTH
      you can check them out on ebay, they appear every once and a while, but can be expencive.
      I meant the ones used in new Galactica. I've seen the old style ones at conventions and so forth.
      sigpic
      Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

Military Ranks of the Colonial Fleet

a time to mourn

Comment

I just have to thank you Bru Tak for zxking this because i was just thinking about what the ranks are and what they look like.

Comment

The mix of our Naval and Non-Naval(ground/Air) ranks is interesting. I wonder if they have the General rank for their ground forces?

Comment

This brings up the question....how long has Adama and Tigh been in the military?? If they were around for the first Cylon war 40 years ago...just how old are they and what is their life spans??? Did he get out and then come back in?

Comment

Originally posted by Hatcheter
                Thanks for that Hatcheter. I also seem to remember seeing a Colonial Fleet rank chart on www.galactica.tv at one point.

From the way Chief Tyrol stood up to Sgt. Hadrian, I'd say that a Chief Petty Officer outranked a Sgt. Anyone agree?
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak
                  Thanks for that Hatcheter. I also seem to remember seeing a Colonial Fleet rank chart on www.galactica.tv at one point.

From the way Chief Tyrol stood up to Sgt. Hadrian, I'd say that a Chief Petty Officer outranked a Sgt. Anyone agree?
                  You don't always have to outrank the other person to blow them off.

It's not that rare to see an enlisted person completely blow off a Commissioned officer when they feel their are doing the right thing. When an NCO (Noncommissioned Officer E.G. Sergeants...) clearly has more experience and/or more authority in that specific area, officers often times take a back seat and take orders from the NCO.

Really, it comes down to whom is your boss. If my boss outranks yours and is willing to go to bat for me, then Sorry Sir, but you can go to hell. And that's why I love 1st Sergeants so much.

Why did I enlist during a time of war? Because I'm "Army Strong," not "Army Smart."

Forget this "Army of One" BS. I signed up to "Be all that I can be!"

Comment

Good point SGTLopez. It kind of just occured to me that the Chief just doesn't like people coming onto his Hanger Deck and throwing accusationas at his people.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DarkOne
                      This brings up the question....how long has Adama and Tigh been in the military?? If they were around for the first Cylon war 40 years ago...just how old are they and what is their life spans??? Did he get out and then come back in?
                      http://www.battlestarwiki.org/wiki/T...lonial_History

Comment

Working...
                      X