Who here likes Mr Ecko??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who here likes Mr Ecko??

Ive gotta say Mr Ecko has quickly became one of my favourite characters. He is so compelling and such an interesting character what do u guys think?

Agreed -- he is kind of like a Teal'c - doesn't say much and is quite formal. I think his character ads another dimension to the show.

Originally posted by Nasa
    Ive gotta say Mr Ecko has quickly became one of my favourite characters. He is so compelling and such an interesting character what do u guys think?
    Don't make me zat you

It took us 15 years and 3 super computers to MacGyver a system for the gate on Earth.

Dial=> http://www.pathcom.com/~kcheung for days remaining until the Vancouver con!

Comment

I like him, he is a very deep character, much like Locke, gotta say, i cant wait for "The 23rd Psalm"
      Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
      - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

I enjoy this character tremendously; I'm so glad they introduced him. He's open to a spiritual realm like Locke is, but at the same time he is not as naive as Locke is. I think that Locke is very wise but he assumes that the presiding forces on the island are benevolent, which I do not believe they are. Ecko is more discerning yet still unafraid, and I think the survivors will find they are fortunate to have him around.

Comment

He is also one of my favorite characters. As others have mentioned, I find his story compelling. His personality also intrigues me. I'm not spiritual myself, but I often find people who are to be some of the most fascinating. I'm also never entirely sure what Eko will do. This is partially due to him being a new character. But I also think it's the simple unpredictability of his personality. I can't help but feel some of the other characters responses and actions are fairly expected. I never know what Eko will say or do. He is a great addition to the program.

Comment

he has become my fave character.

it was a great show before he was introduced, but none of the characters were really strong enough all on their own...either written or acted...except maybe Locke and the paralasys...to really grab me and keep me wanting to focus on him/her.

Eko has come right in and has a story i really like and has many of the same elements i like about Locke's character.

I think they were well served focusing those eps on the tail section folks as it was like a quick injection of life and we got a big shot of new info and characters to offset the other side of the island that was sorta dragging along.
            Thanks!
            Jordan

my page
            My LJ
            From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

I can't really put this better than people already have, but I'll voice my opinion nonetheless. Eko is certainly one of the best characters on this show. He is so compelling and mysterious and has such a presence among the castaways. I'm not religious at all, and it sort of disconcerts me a little when shows have some central religious themes, but they've created Eko's character so well, you feel yourself yearning for it, despite.

Comment

eko owns all

Comment

I was surprised when they showed him as a drug smuggler.
                  Jack: Although a candle burns in my house, no one is home.

Comment

Eko is the faith based foil for Locke, and a great edition to the show. While Locke pursues what he believes agressively, Eko is more contemplative, and less opinionated. I'm dissapointed with his absence in last night's episode, though.
                    Spoiler:
                    Check out my fanfiction! http://www.fanfiction.net/~memnarch

Comment

Couldnt Agree With You More

Comment

I am intrigued by his character. He's brought another dimension to the show. Looking forward to learning about this "quiet man" -

Comment

locke is still my favorite.

terry o'quinn can be such a great actor.

oh man i just farted.

Comment

Originally posted by Gateman89
                            I was surprised when they showed him as a drug smuggler.
                            i was surprised about that too, but i kinda knew that something traumatic had to of happened in his past, otherwise he wouldnt be soo quiet.
                            Spoiler:
                            but killing that man and drug smuggling, never saw that coming. but the training for priesthood wasnt too much a surprise

Comment

Ecko rules I thought they did an excellent job with his backstory and what a story it was and he is linked to the island proper!!
                              gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                              so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                              love Torri

Comment

Working...
                              X