This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Music

What did everyone think of the music in the Pilot from the opening theme to the music that played as Atlantis Rose to that what played as The Puddle Jumper escaped the Wraiths?

I liked the opening theme. It sounded like it was recorded in an orchestra rather than synthesized on a computer. It is not as catchy as the Stargate theme by David Arnold, but is still more epic than that of most TV shows out there. I like how the music in Stargate will try to reflect that of a big orchestra rather than that of an electric score.

The Atlantis Rising theme was the same theme we heard in The Lost City when jack let loose the Drones on Anubis and brought goosebumps to me.

I thought that the music accompanied the action well in this episode. It sounded exciting and not repetitive as usual. Although, I wonder if the music will suffer in both SG-1 and Atlantis with Joel Goldsmith doing scores on both the series. That means he will have to score 40 episode of music in a 9 year run. Pretty tough.
    Last edited by Indiana; 19 July 2004, 11:41 AM.

FOGHORN FILMS PRESENTS...

To watch Darkness, a non stargate related short film
    from the creators of The Bringer of War, Please Click here

Click here to join the Official "Bringer of War" MySpace

What film are you talking about?

Comment

Originally posted by deluzion
      I thought they had just scored the film. I think next week (or whenever episode 2 airs), they'll probably have something else. Something they were allowed to spend more time on.
      I'm sorry, but I have no idea what you're trying to say here?
      Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

I think he's trying to say there may be a different theme for they next episode since The Rising was only a pilot and didn't have a normal opening sequence.

Comment

Oh, okay. That makes sense. Although the opening theme will probably be based on a theme used in the pilot (or vice versa, I suppose).

Oh - and contrary to what deluzion said, Atlantis is actually not shot on film at all, but on HD. There was actually a thread about that a little while back.

Comment

Originally posted by Selmak
            I think he's trying to say there may be a different theme for they next episode since The Rising was only a pilot and didn't have a normal opening sequence.
            That's the impression I got, too. I hope it was just a one time thing; I thought the opening theme score was pretty bland. I do agree that the music during the ep was good, though.
            Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
            "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
            One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
            resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
            confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
            A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
            The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Bland? Hello, were you not humming it? You should listen to it. its some of the better music thematically i have heard by Joel Goldsmith. it's quite humable. Maybe not as humable as the SG-1 End Credits or the main theme, but pretty good especially for a TV movie.

Comment

i loved all the music that played in the pilot! And , may be, there is going to be a differet musci in the next ep, because i hope they'll get a title scene...with all the actors, etc...like sg1 has...so i don't think it can be bad

Comment

Originally posted by Indiana
                  Bland? Hello, were you not humming it? You should listen to it. its some of the better music thematically i have heard by Joel Goldsmith. it's quite humable.
                  For some reason, I couldn't get the theme from Star Trek Voyager off my mind all night after watching it... Seriously.

Comment

I hope the opening sequence isn't tacky. To be honest I think the SG-1 one is. I much prefer the image of a Sarcophagos, or Egyptian statue we used to have to, until season 6. I blame Jonas. lol.

Comment

Originally posted by somme
                      I hope the opening sequence isn't tacky. To be honest I think the SG-1 one is. I much prefer the image of a Sarcophagos, or Egyptian statue we used to have to, until season 6. I blame Jonas. lol.
                      I hate the Pharaoh opening. Not just because it's boring, but I do not find it graceful or stylish or whatever.

I mean, it's ripped straigth from the opening credits of the movie. It worked really well there, but with the abbreviated version used on SG-1 set to the faster paced version of the Stargate theme, it just doesn't. It doesn't fit! Plus, it seems really cheap. And it doesn't help that the video quality is not the best, either.
                      Last edited by Ugly Pig; 19 July 2004, 04:08 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

I prefered that to the new one. With the same footage every week, and the cast is introduced in a very tacky way I think. I mean yeah it doesn't really matter what the opening credits are like but still.

Actually I did quite like the Season 6 opening sequence, in the very first episode. I think that was just footage of the inner track on the gate moving. That was probably cheap as well, but sometimes cheap is cheerful.

Comment

The "spinning gate" opening was actually pretty cool. My favorite is still the 'clips' opening from the early seasons, though. The one used on seasons 1 - 3 on the DVDs.

Comment

I haven't seen those, only own Season 6 on DVD so far. Have all the rest on VHS expcept for one here and there.

Comment

I liked the theme played during the credits although it did remind me of star trek for some reason although The only Trek I really watched was Voyager. I'm about 99% sure they will use the same theme for the opening. One of the reasons I think so is because the music played for exactly 1 minute. I think it will work really well once into video is completed to go with it. I can picture the actors faces poping up to that music, as well as some action sequences.
                              Last edited by Chevron_nine; 19 July 2004, 04:56 PM.
                              My non-stargate related site: The Rabbit Archive

Comment

Working...
                              X