This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prop problems?

One thing I noticed is the gate-related props don't seem to go together.

The new gate should have 36 place-holder spots for symbols even though the bottom one's aren't visible. Although this doesn't really mean anything since it should be able to use more than 36-symbols since they're just lights. This is still kind of annoying though. The original gate had 39 symbols.

From Rising it seems to me like all Pegasus gates are this new model, not just the atlantis one like I previously assumed.

The new dialing computer has 37 buttons including the POO, as one of the buttons, it's the one in the middle.

The new DHD has 38 buttons including the POO, just like the old one. THE BIG BLUE BUTTON IS NOT THE POO. SEVEN SYMBOLS WERE CLEARLY DIALLED, IT HAS ALWAYS BEEN LIKE THIS, ANYONE WHO SAYS THE BIG BUTTON IS THE POO IS NUTS. There has been nothing in SG-1 to suggest they have ever used the button as a POO and I have never seen them CLEARLY dial less than 7 symbols. You can't judge how many buttons they dial by sound effects.

The puddle jumper seems to have even less buttons, but I don't have any clear pictures of it, so I can't judge that yet. There may be one or two more rows displayed vertically on the console, which were never visible.

Can't they just make props that should actually work together?
    My non-stargate related site: The Rabbit Archive

When the Wraiths flew back home through the gate, there were only six sybols lit up on the DHD. Shepard even told Ford, "Burn those six symbols in your mind!" (paraphrased). I saw Rising several times and there were only 6 buttons lit. I can get a screen cap later, I'm not on the computer with the recording now. However, if I am wrong about that particular scene, please inform me. I also do not mean to say that other DHD scenes in SG-1 only had 6 symbols lit up. I'm sure there were plenty times that there were seven symbols lit on a DHD, not including the Big Red Button. All I'm saying is that in Rising, I could see how the Big Blue Button (or Bulb?) could be interpreted as the PoO, becasue only 6 symbols were lit.

Comment

Lemme watch rising for that part now
      h/o tight
      *Peter turns on the energy based iris while Atlantis is very low on power*
      McKay - "Using power, using power, using power..."

Comment

It was indeed 7 symbols lit up on the DHD

Comment

OK, that's fine, I wasn't 100% positive, only 90%. Obviously that 10% bit me from behind.

What did Shepard say to Ford about remembering the symbols, word for word?

:: Thinks :: Wow, I can't believe I got that wrong. I even freeze framed to count the symbols b/c I was curious. you know I'll have to double check as soon as I get home, even though you're right.

Comment

Originally posted by Chevron_nine
            The new gate should have 36 place-holder spots for symbols even though the bottom one's aren't visible. Although this doesn't really mean anything since it should be able to use more than 36-symbols since they're just lights. This is still kind of annoying though. The original gate had 39 symbols.

The new dialing computer has 37 buttons including the POO, as one of the buttons, it's the one in the middle.

The puddle jumper seems to have even less buttons, but I don't have any clear pictures of it, so I can't judge that yet. There may be one or two more rows displayed vertically on the console, which were never visible.
            The new gate does have 36 spots for symbols, because 9 chevrons with 4 spots between each chevron equals 36.

The dialing computer thing I wouldn't know cuz I didn't count

The puddlejumper is a mystery, it looked like it had half of the symbols on the dialing computer on Atlantis. Really weird

Comment

The Atlantis symbols are encased in a /\ so it goes /\/\/\/\/\/\/\ and so on with one /\ and one \/

Comment

The new gate doesn't need 39 places for symbols, since they are generated by the gate as needed.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
                  The Atlantis symbols are encased in a /\ so it goes /\/\/\/\/\/\/\ and so on with one /\ and one \/
                  You mean on the puddlejumper?

Comment

Originally posted by EYU86
                    You mean on the puddlejumper?
                    The atlantis Dialing computer has triangular buttons. The puddle jumper has the same type of buttons.
                    sigpic

Comment

Mio is correct, both the dialing computer and the puddle jumpers dialing computer.

Comment

Oh, I knew that, but what about the puddlejumpers, my eyes are seeing right, right? There seem to be much less buttons.

Comment

Because each button is infact two buttons fit together.

Comment

There are 3 levels of buttons

Like:
                            buttons
                            ......\b
                            ........\u
                            .........\t
                            ..........\t
                            ...........\o
                            ............\n
                            .............\s
                            ..............\buttons
                            sigpic

Comment

ah so, okay, I understand

Comment

Working...
                              X