Why do you like Farscape?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why do you like Farscape?

Ok, I had heard alot of good things about Farscape. I like Ben Browder and Claudia Black on Stargate so I bought the 1st 7 episodes on DVD.

So far, I don't get it. I cannot get into it. Is it worth getting more episodes? WHy?

What makes it good in your opinion?

It took me awhile to get into stargate--like 1/2 the 1st season so it might just take me awhile.
    Every Tuesday General Hammond gets alittle touch up on his dome. I say, "General Hammond, alittle off the top today?"

Top 25 females of stargate

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=16929

Top 25 males of stargate

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=21105

Stark!!!!
    crazy banik.

See, now HE should be on stargate... being half ascended and all.
    Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

See this: http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=17616
      gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
      so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
      love Torri

Comment

It is kind of hard to get into. The characters are just so different than what I was used to, it was sort of off putting. I bought the whole 1st season and watched it all just because I had them. I'm not sure when it was in the season that I decided I was hooked, but if you can afford the first season I'd give it that long. The second and third seasons are the best, and the fourth season is still really good too.
        It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Comment

Sorry, but I liked Farscape for way too many reasons to go into them all right now. For one, excellent story-telling. It was great to see this lone human lost among a whole galaxy of strange, exotic lifeforms. Hunted by a madman who mistakenly blames him for his brother's death. Then stalked by a twisted Peacekeeper half-breed for the information buried deep within his mind. It was a show with everything- endless comedy, drama, excellent fights, and most of all, it was a story of two people falling in love no matter the odds. Yeah, I know, I'm a little obsessed.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

(1) one of the major reasons i loved farscape was character development.

it was just so true to life. while many tv show dramas have horrible things happen to the stars and they remain unphased and unchanged. but i think all of the characters mainly john grew in a way that was purely human and easy to relate too.

crichton began as the pacifist scientist who found awe and wonder in every planet and new life form he discovered. as the seasons progressed though, he grew colder and more accustumed to the new universe he was living in. he began to carry a pulse pistol, a planet was just a planet, and he changed with his environment and used any means necessary to survive, a trait i think any human would adapt in this situation.

and the character development is true of all of the stars. rather than having static one dimensional characters, each one was dynamic and was affected appropriately by each situation.

(2) another thing that drew me in was the john/aeryn relationship... im not usual in to the canon ships, but i fell in love with these two from the moment i started watching. claudia and ben have such an on screen chemistry it is incredible.

ohh there is so much more than just that, but i think my post is extended enough

hehe as you can see from my long winded explanation...i really loved farscape

Lizbeth
            Last edited by StarzSkyMoon; 16 January 2006, 09:09 PM.
            das haus ist gelb. ich liebe gelb!!

MySpace

Comment

I had never really heard of Farscape before Ben Browder was casted for S9. And I can't remember ever hearing that it aired in Germany (I checked - it did - I just never noticed).

Because there was so much hubbub over Farscape on this forum in the past months I finally decided in late November 2005 to buy the first episode of FS on DVD ("You fart Helium?!" - ingenious!!), liked it enough to buy the complete S1, and didn't get what was so special about the show until episode 15 when Chiana came on board. That's when IMO the show gets unique. I have watched all seasons and the miniseries now in record time.

If you like the last third of S1, stay on board for the rest of the show. If not... there are so many other shows out there.
              No, 'Eureka' is Greek for 'This bath is too hot.'

"Because only an extremely deranged individual would think of doing what we're doing."
              (LOST producer Damon Lindelof, May 2007)

Comment

Farscape is a character driven show. John in Season 1 is so changed by season 4. I like this type of show. It is like reading a novel on tv. I started watching in season 3 when I was able to get the scifi channel. I was hooked even though I had no idea what was going on. The characters were so gripping and the acting was superb. Ben is not just a good looking guy. He can act! He drew me in with his acting. I couldn't wait to start at the begining and watch all of this wonderful show. I was never disappointed.
                Sybil

Comment

Very good show. You need to get the rest of the season and watch before you make you decide. It is extremely good. Plus the Starbusrt edditons make it much cheaper.
                  Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Originally posted by creed462
                    Very good show. You need to get the rest of the season and watch before you make you decide. It is extremely good. Plus the Starbusrt edditons make it much cheaper.
                    Starburst Edition is perfect example of just PERFECT DVDs. It would be great if SG-1's TPTB gave us so many extras (interviews, commentaries, deleted scenes, bloopers etc.) like ADV Films together with Jim Henson Company did.

Farscape is brilliant show, I fell in love with it about 6 years ago now and it's my favourite show (all 4 seasons and the Peacekeeper Wars mini-series) all the time.

Comment

The most important thing is that Farscape didn't really get its bearings until around halfway through the first season. The turning point for me was "A Human Reaction" in the middle of the season.

The first seven episodes are more episodic and don't really register what makes the show special--that it's character-driven.

When truly heavy stuff starts happening to the characters, that's when it comes into its own.

Comment

Working...
                      X