This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fandemonium delayed?

They haven't updated the site. New books supposed to be out today.
    sigpic
    Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

they seem to always have delays, i have come to expect delays on all books from them.

Comment

Can't be too critical though. They must have a fair bit on their platees.
      sigpic

Comment

They still haven't updated. I hate suspense.
        sigpic

Comment

On the website it has now been officially delayed until: Due 7 February 2006
          sigpic

Comment

Ah..dam.
            sigpic

Comment

It's not just releases that have been delayed...I put in an order with my Local Forbidden Planet, to keep a copy of 'Rising' for me...I've still not got it, and according to the shop staff, there's been problems with all of the orders for fandemonium's books...
              sigpic
              Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

I'll say it yet again..."ah...dam".

I guess they're understaffed. We know how much pressure the SG1 series was for them, but now they've taken on the Atlantis license, maybe it's just too much for them now.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                  It's not just releases that have been delayed...I put in an order with my Local Forbidden Planet, to keep a copy of 'Rising' for me...I've still not got it, and according to the shop staff, there's been problems with all of the orders for fandemonium's books...
                  i know someone who ordered it directly from fandy and got it in a timely manner.

but yeah, they need more staff. they have a decent product but will lose folks if they can't keep up teh time table
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Yeah...lets just say that I was in five bookstores looking for the book and never found it...and some of the staff were none too kind when talking about the company...and that's a pity because the quality of the books is fantastic.
                    sigpic

Comment

Well I'm sure there might be a couple of unemployed SG fans in London who would happy to help ouit.
                      sigpic

Comment

yeah. that is a shame. i remember the ROC books by ashley mcconnell, they sucked to be blunt. the author may have been able to write other fandoms, but she did not have a handle on the sg one.

fandy has a good feel for the fandom, they just need some organization.
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I'm willing to bet there's lots of SG fans that volunteer to get the books printed and delivered.

I've read A Matter of Honour, The Cost of Honour and Trial By Fire. I'm currently reading Sacrifice Moon, and I also own City of the Gods.

But every where I go...I finding fewer and fewer copies of the books.
                          sigpic

Comment

I thought that The Price You Pay was good. I'm re-reading it now actually. Ye, I really like Fandy, they're excellent. The authors are great, books are (apart from just the one) but they're pretty overwhelmed.
                            sigpic

Comment

Fandemonium's latest email....

Dear Stargate fan,

STARGATE SG-1: SIREN SONG - 7 February 2006
                              Stargate SG-1: Siren Song is due out in a couple of weeks. The novel
                              revisits Aris Boch, one of our favourite baddies. Better yet, this book was
                              written by two new authors who we found through our open submissions policy.
                              We're very pleased to welcome Holly Scott and Jaimie Duncan as Fandemonium
                              writers and hope to see more books from them in the future.
                              For more information about Stargate SG-1: Siren Song, click on this link:
                              www.stargatenovels.com/sg1-sirensong.shtml

Details for Siren Song are:
                              Title: Stargate SG-1: Siren Song
                              Authors: Holly Scott and Jaimie Duncan
                              ISBN: 095473436X
                              Price: £6.99
                              Publication date: 7 February 2006

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Details of our publishing schedule for Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis
                              novels can be found at www.stargatenovels.com/books.shtml. So far we have
                              these books lined up:

* Stargate SG-1: Survival of the Fittest
                              Publication date: May 2006

* Stargate Atlantis: The Chosen
                              Publication date: April 2006

* Stargate Atlantis: Reliquary

Publication date: February 2006

OPEN SUBMISSIONS

We have had a number of enquiries about this and the status of the first
                              round of submissions. We will be accepting book proposals again in a couple
                              of months time just as soon as we have finished evaluating the last of the
                              proposals from the previous round of submissions. There will be a few
                              changes to the process this time so if you are interested in submitting a
                              proposal, you will have to wait until the details are posted on our website
                              and then read them carefully. We will give some notice before we open
                              submissions and then give you about a month to complete your proposals
                              before the final deadline, so please be patient until we are ready to post
                              the details on our website. We will issue further updates through this
                              newsletter. Thanks and good luck!

20% DISCOUNT OFFER

We are offering a 20% discount off the recommended retail price of all books
                              purchased through our website, www.stargatenovels.com. The offer is good
                              until at least 31 March 2006. That takes a significant bite out of the cost
                              of postage, and in fact, for UK orders, virtually offsets the cost of
                              postage and packing altogether.
                              www.stargatenovels.com/bookshop.php.

Very best regards,
                              Tom
                              Stargate Novels
                              www.stargatenovels.com
                              tom[at]stargatenovels.com

STARGATE SG-1 ™ & © 1997-2006 MGM Television Entertainment Inc./MGM Global
                              Holdings Inc. STARGATE SG-1 is a trademark of Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios
                              Inc. All Rights Reserved. STARGATE: ATLANTIS ™ & © 2004-2006 MGM Global
                              Holdings Inc. STARGATE: ATLANTIS is a trademark of Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer
                              Studios Inc. All Rights Reserved.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
                              We sent this to you because you signed up for our newsletter (and confirmed
                              it in a subsequent email). If you no longer wish to hear from us, you can
                              take your name off the list by going to
                              www.stargatenovels.com/newsletter.shtml, entering your email address,
                              ticking the box that says "remove" and clicking the "Go" button.

Sent to you by:
                              Fandemonium Ltd
                              PO Box 795A
                              Surbiton
                              Surrey KT5 8YB
                              United Kingdom

Comment

Working...
                              X