This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Season 3 Enemy!

Just got this from the news section of the site!

Finally, Carl Binder's early-season two-parter will introduce a dangerous new villain to the Atlantis scene -- one that may be the creators of the mysterious "Hot Zone" virus.

"We are introduced to a brand new villain who's handywork we have already come across," Mallozzi said of the episodes. "'Progeny' gets the ball rolling in an episode that introduces the new baddies and sheds some light on some of the Pegasus Galaxy's former tenants. 'The Real World' follows up with a seriously creepy episode. Poor Weir."

the part that reallt gets me intrested is the "galaxies old tenants" which means 2 things one we get to learn more about the galaxies past finnaly and two there use to be races in pegasus that died out and left almost no trace before the ancients got there or the ancients lied and actully killed everyone in the proccess of "seeding" the galaxy with humans.

Comment

im very curious as to what the "poor Wier" means
      Spoiler:
      perhaps she will get infected virus similar to the hotzone virus and affects her perception of the real world
      Last edited by Stevo; 15 January 2006, 01:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Stevo
        im very curious as to what the "poor Wier" means
        Spoiler:
        perhaps she will get infected virus similar to the hotzone virus and affects her perception of the real world
        Hmm, could be to do with...
        Spoiler:

the Beckett eppy that involves a Mental asylum. Hence the title. Maybe Weir is a patient.

I really love the idea of a new enemy.

Comment

Dammit this is so unfair to get only such little pieces of information and knowing I have to wait a while for the rest

The past tenants is an interesting thing actually. Could it be that there were a few advanced races and they were all (or most) wiped pit by the HZ Virus Creators? If thats the case then what was there status during the Wraith War and after? So many questions.......what do they look like and their ships!.....bah.....

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Im lloking forward to this
            A new enemy
            A new race
            New tech
            Poor Weir or is it (depends on what happens )

Too bad its nearly a year away
            The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

Originally posted by Eoin

Too bad its nearly a year away
              Ya know how to upset a guy hehe

I gotta admit its the 'previous tennants' thats got me excited,
              Blitz

www.myspace.com/twilightpeace

One was an experiment made to cause destruction in any condition except water, the other was an aquatic expermiment to destroy the world...but in the end...Stitch and Nim: They made an amazing Hula team

Comment

After being slightly disappointed with this season, compared to some of the back half eps or last. Then I can't say how excited I am to be seeing this. This race hopefully will be non-human. The virus was designed to kill humans, however it's possible tat they could all be human & have the ATA gene.

Although it'd be better to introduce the first real alien non humanoid threat in Pegasus. The good thing about these guys is that they can strike from afar, whereas the Wraith & Genii etc need to be close by when they choose to engage. So being that they can dial up a gate & chuck the virus through remotely makes them a serious new threat. It looks like they are also against the Wraith, so the interesting concept here is how they will bring them in after all this time.

Why haven't they wiped out the rest of the human population in Pegasus, especially since the ancients aren't around to protect them any longer. Since the Wraith will have been awake for a couple of years now, then why are they just surfacing now etc.

From the info released, it looks like to me that as they are introduced, it says we will find out about past tenants of Pegasus. This sounds like to me will be hearing about races that they wiped out. Either directly as a confrontation with the new guys or perhaps in some ancient database that has records of them & who they have wiped out. Maybe the Atlantis team makes first contact in the hope of stiking up a partnership or maybe they surface now to wipe Atlantis off the map as they have awoken all the Wraith now, so put them back in the danger zone again. What gets me though, is why not simply design a virus that targets Wraith physiology. We know Beckett can do it with the retro-virus. So why not them instead of targetting humans.

The creepy ep whioch completes the two parter sounds equally as good. If Weir is there then it probably takes place off-world. Can't see them doing another 'Hot Zone' in Atlantis again so soon. So there probably is some direct contact involved of some sort. Maybe Weir gets infected & they can't get her back to Atlantis in time as they are trapped, or maybe this is a new upgraded virus.

Only around 7/8 months till they air. Oh how time flys!

Comment

Man, this sounds like a really interesting litte arc with the virus creator guys. I was hoping they'd revisit them I just wonder what they'll look like...
                  ROFLMAO Check This Out!!!

Comment

There new enemy in season 3 might be the reason why the wraith got so advanced so quickly

Comment

I belive you are referring to this *SPOILERIFIC*

They might have had something to do with the Wraith.

I guess when the Ancients thought Pegasus was devoid of life - they were very much wrong.
                      It's a joke. My way of deflecting attention from my own obvious heroism. You'll get used to it.

Comment

Perhaps this might explain more about the Wraith as well and their dominance of Pegasus.

I mean think about it. The Atlanteans come to Pegasus and find a galaxy nearly devoid of life. They seed the second evolution of man here and finally encounter another alien race namely the HZ virus creators who they fight. While this is happening and both races are distracted, the Wraith evolve and realise they have two powerful enemies to fight and build up very quickly. Eventually the HZ virus creators are defeated by the Atlanteans but not before unleashing a virus that kills several human worlds. The Wraith then fight the Atlanteans and when they win they find out that alot of 'food' are dead so must hibernate.

Or could be that the HZ virus creators are rogue atlanteans....tonnes of possibilities.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

It would make sense that these new guys are not human, since that's what the virus is designed to target.

However another strong possibility that's been floating about since HZ aired, was that it was infact ancients who created it as a last resort against the Wraith. It would make sense because it doesn't affect anyone with the ATA gene. However what I can't understand would be that why they didn't finish the job 10,000 years ago. This way the Wraith would have all starved to death by now. Especially since you consider that the ancients aren't there to stop them. Although this is probably the strongest option of who they will be, most likely direct descendents of the original ancients. So in a way that makes them ancients, but probably they have lost a lot of technical info through the generations. Which makes them a bigger threat than anyone else, but not too full blown ancient & almost impossible to take on.

Personally other than the Wraith, we haven't seen any aliens in Pegasus. So I'd rather these be totally alien. Perhaps original life that thrived in that galaxy & they were around originally when the ancients came there. They may have got on, but they decided to take extreme measures when the Wraith came & went to war with the human populations in Pegasus. This gives the ancients two enemies to fight & thus making it more likely as to why they eventually lost everything.

Comment

I personally also hope they are completely alien as well as it makes something nice and unique. They should be fewer in number perhaps but prefer quality over quantity to help make them unique compared to the Wraith. Initially they work solely against the Atlantis expedition then direct their might against their enemy the Wraith.

Also this is a good way to explain why the Wraith dont attack with their entire might against Atlantis. I mean a new deadly enemy would divert their attention.

Also if it was rogue ancients perhaps they were stopped by the Atlantean Council? Remember how they didnt like Janus doing time experiments behind their back?

Pity we cant really judge how technologically advanced they are because we only have a glimpse of their ability.

Comment

I don't care what they are as long as they are well written
                              Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Working...
                              X