This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

where did they get gate address

ok, maybe this has already been discussed, and maybe I just missed something obvious, but how did they get a gate address to another planet so quickly when they decided to do recon for another power device? aren't there millions of possible combinations...and they get a connection on the first try? unless, of course, I missed something and they somehow had a viable address.

Somewhat off topic, but since I'm asking questions...when does this take place in the Stargate SG-1 universe. I ask only because Dr. Weir makes a comment early on about putting together a team to go to Atlantis over several months. I was under the assumption that SGA takes place during the same time line as SG-1...though it seems that the events may actually be a couple of months in the future (I'm not sure if this makes sense to anyone but me, so I apologize if I'm rambling and you can now go back to your regularly scheduled programing )

Atlantis computers have a list of addresses.
    *Peter turns on the energy based iris while Atlantis is very low on power*
    McKay - "Using power, using power, using power..."

Comment

Originally posted by sdermot
      ok, maybe this has already been discussed, and maybe I just missed something obvious, but how did they get a gate address to another planet so quickly when they decided to do recon for another power device?
      The Atlantis control console contained a database of known stargate addresses.
      Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Pig
        The Atlantis control console contained a database of known stargate addresses.
        Beat you to it

Comment

Originally posted by EYU86
          Beat you to it
          Dang.

Comment

Originally posted by deluzion
            I had the same thought. It is rediculous to think they could do that. I think they kinda joked about it, the young soldier dude was told to "burn in" the coordinates the ships took off into his memory. Later, they said with the 6 addresses there were 140 possible combinations.

I remember a conversation about this, and I think the pressure the Gua'uld were putting on Earth to come up with a defence (because they were going to test them, thinking the Asgard fell asleep) is what made Gen. MacGyver authorize the whole deal to happen immediately.
            What are you talking about, sdermot is talking about how they found the address to Teyla's planet.

Comment

EYU86 is just happy because he won for a change. I always beat him

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
                EYU86 is just happy because he won for a change. I always beat him
                Quiet you

Comment

[QUOTE=sdermot]Somewhat off topic, but since I'm asking questions...when does this take place in the Stargate SG-1 universe. I ask only because Dr. Weir makes a comment early on about putting together a team to go to Atlantis over several months.[QUOTE]

I'm glad someone asked, actually. Technically these two "universes," as they're called, can't completely co-exist with one another. This is due to writers who can sometimes be little *****es.

However... *raises finger like the scholar I am* I believe that they are both in the same time frame. Weir said that she had assembled a team, yes, but she didnt' say WHEN they were leaving.

Comment

Originally posted by aschen
                    Technically these two "universes," as they're called, can't completely co-exist with one another.
                    What are you talking about??

Comment

A few months I guess. First they were talking about getting permission to go there in New Order. If Weir started working on her team then(or in The Lost City) and DJ had to translate everything once he got there.... so atleast a few months, maybe 3.

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Pig
                        What are you talking about??
                        He's talking about SG1 vs Atlantis.

And he's wrong.

Comment

Umm.. it was 720 combinations for 6 symbols, I think thats what I heard.

Comment

Originally posted by EYU86
                            Umm.. it was 720 combinations for 6 symbols, I think thats what I heard.
                            Sheppard said 720 yes.

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
                              He's talking about SG1 vs Atlantis.

And he's wrong.
                              Thank you. That's about what I figured.

Comment

Working...
                              X