This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Colonel Caldwell

I don't know about you but I believe Mitch was great in the X-Files as Skinner. I believe he could bring Atlantis to another level if he was given a full casting role. He brings a hard attitude(while arrogant) that I believe the Sumner would have brought if he wasn't killed off. Whatcha all think?

Originally posted by npattis
    I don't know about you but I believe Mitch was great in the X-Files as Skinner. I believe he could bring Atlantis to another level if he was given a full casting role. He brings a hard attitude(while arrogant) that I believe the Sumner would have brought if he wasn't killed off. Whatcha all think?

I have no complaints with his character, I would like to see more of him.

Comment

It's almost like they've looked at what Robert Patrick could have been -- a thorn in Sheppard's side --- and brought in another character who can fill that role if needed.
      Interesting.

Comment

Still to this day, I am pissed they killed Robert Patrick in rising. He could have done wonders as Sumner.

Comment

Still to this day, I am pissed they killed Robert Patrick in rising. He could have done wonders as Sumner.
          I'd agree with you there. Robert Patrick is an amazing actor. Of all the actors to kill off!! I can't believe it. Obviously Joe was going to be the lead, but there must have been some way to keep him around, even if they went all 'Ford' with him.

Comment

I also like Caldwell. He brings a certain hard edge to the cast, sort of a reminder that killing bad guys is not for wimps. Weir proposes, and Caldwell disposes. It seems to provide some balance between military and civilian authority. Not sure there's room for him as a full-time cast member though.
            Shallow are the Ori!
            sigpic

Comment

Caldwell adds such a great dynamic to the set. You're never sure if he's going to line up with the popular opinion or go all "this is my jurisdiction, beeyotch."

TLG spoilers:
              Spoiler:
              I loved the way he handled McKay in TLG. It shows that he doesn't take crap, and he can be level headed when faced with Rodney, which even Weir barely manages.

*~S.T.A.K.S.~*~LiveJournal Leik Woah~*

"Dosmrti, dosmrti na to nezapomenu."

Comment

TLG
                Spoiler:
                Hahaha indeed that was funny when Caldwell laid the smackdown that it was a military matter with McKay. Also at the end when Caldwell stuffed McKay's foot in his mouth by he was against the whole bringing the pods back to Atlantis

Comment

TLG
                  Spoiler:
                  Hahaha indeed that was funny when Caldwell laid the smackdown that it was a military matter with McKay. Also at the end when Caldwell stuffed McKay's foot in his mouth by he was against the whole bringing the pods back to Atlantis
                  I definitely fell in love with Caldwell a bit there. I mean, it just rocked.

*~S.T.A.K.S.~*~LiveJournal Leik Woah~*

"Dosmrti, dosmrti na to nezapomenu."

Comment

He's definatly a good character.
                    My favs:

Comment

I have to admit that I didn't like him in the first few eps but my opinion on my changed.
                      He's a really interesting character and the fact he can be seen as a threat to John and Elizabeth bring a whole new dimension for the show.
                      And (spoiler Critical Mass and The Long Goodbye)
                      Spoiler:
                      I think he may be the only one to understand what John and Elizabeth have gone through in TLG since he was possessed by a Goa'uld.

Comment

Working...
                      X