Ever have a Firefly moment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ever have a Firefly moment?

Since there's a thread like this for Stargate, I figured it might be fun to see if anyone's had moments that reminded them of Firefly or Serenity.

I'll get it started- I went on a trip to help with hurricane relief in Mississippi over break, and on the last day one of the girls pulled a bunch of blue latex gloves out of her bag. I guess she brought them in case we had to clean up anything gross. So anyway, she didn't need them so she gave them to me, and I put on a pair and started whispering- "Two by two, hands of blue."

And everyone looked at me funny so I had to explain it. I think the guys who had watched Serenity with me the night before even thought I was crazy.

Lt. Colonel Jason Richardson/Major Jen Stevens Shipper
    Lt. Colonel Jim Anderson/Major Kate Howard Shipper

"Tir gan teanga, tir gan anam." -Gaelic Proverb
    (A country without a language, a country without a soul.)

~RockinHobbit (MySpace)

Originally posted by RockinHobbit
    Since there's a thread like this for Stargate, I figured it might be fun to see if anyone's had moments that reminded them of Firefly or Serenity.

I'll get it started- I went on a trip to help with hurricane relief in Mississippi over break, and on the last day one of the girls pulled a bunch of blue latex gloves out of her bag. I guess she brought them in case we had to clean up anything gross. So anyway, she didn't need them so she gave them to me, and I put on a pair and started whispering- "Two by two, hands of blue."

And everyone looked at me funny so I had to explain it. I think the guys who had watched Serenity with me the night before even thought I was crazy.
    lol I think your crazy and I wasn’t there lol joke but umm not really that I can recall but I do think about it a lot lol then I have to go watch a episode but yeah nothing like "two by two hands are blue"

Comment

What do you do? If you headed out for relief. Anyways, I try to quote firefly, but none of my friends watch it so they all give me a weird look, so I go back to my starwars quotes.
      Lastest Episode: Alliances, Part One

Comment

oh yea... callin' the local authorities (in your mind that is) 'alliance officers' and blamin' 'Nara cuz she's doin' what she does best. (yea okay.... )
        sigpic

Comment

Last time I was in my local yarn store, I found this cross-stitch kit.

Needless to say, I bought it.
          I'd start a revolution if I could get up in the morning.

Comment

Originally posted by CatGoddess

Ooh nice, writing is pretty close to the movie box (if it were in lower case)..... Might have to try and find that.

Firefly moment.....Jayne's hat.....there was a guy wearing this hideous touque.....made me smile. This was before I even saw Firefly and just knew of the touque from a promo on Space.

Comment

One more... I got lost on some back streets in town this evening, and found Jayne Way.
              I'd start a revolution if I could get up in the morning.

Comment

*laughs*
                Well, I was on a long, long, trip to canberra, and I remember passin' a sign that said"River Road"

And "Rayne Street" (For those who don't know, Rayne is the abreviated word for River/Jayne, usually used for shippers...)

Stargate Gateworld RPG. All are welcome!|Jim Andersons Bio.

Comment

Despite my deep affections for Firefly and disdain for the SW prequels, I think I have more star wars moments than Firefly moments... Unless you count speaking Chinese as having firefly moments; of course, my Mandarin is ALOT better than Mal's (and frankly, everyone else on the show).

Comment

Yeah, I've started cussing in Chinese too.

And my sisters just got these Airsoft handguns, so of course I had to recreate the "No Touching Guns" and "Bullet in the Brainpan" scenes. I'm lucky I'm 18, or my family would have me committed.

Lt. Colonel Jason Richardson/Major Jen Stevens Shipper
                    Lt. Colonel Jim Anderson/Major Kate Howard Shipper

"Tir gan teanga, tir gan anam." -Gaelic Proverb
                    (A country without a language, a country without a soul.)

~RockinHobbit (MySpace)

Comment

Originally posted by CatGoddess

Ok i am so going to need to find this. I am now on a man hunt.
                      http://www.alteranancients.com/
                      http://www.stargateworldswiki.com/

I reject your reality, and substitute my own. (Adam Savage - Mythbusters.)

Comment

well I do have a large semiautomatic sniper rifle that I named Vera...does that count?

Comment

A little while ago there was a remark about digging post holes on Smallville, and I couldn't resist saying "Post Holer. For digging holes for posts."
                          "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
                          "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
                          BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Yeah, I've started cussing in Chinese too.
                            I do that. It's fun.

Comment

Yes, yes it does.
                              http://www.alteranancients.com/
                              http://www.stargateworldswiki.com/

I reject your reality, and substitute my own. (Adam Savage - Mythbusters.)

Comment

Working...
                              X