PDA

View Full Version : Visitors to Atlantis SPOILERS

Wick
January 14th, 2006, 03:08 PM
Warning this thread contains spoliers so if you don't want to see them leave this thread

The asgard are soposed to be coming to atlantis in season 3 but what for
i have a theory that atlantis has genetic information on the early asgard DNA so atlantis becomes a great intrest to the asgard which help protect it while asgard scientists work on their cloning problem i also think that the writers will use this to make the asgard characters become more human like so that the frequent use of costly special effects and pupets can be replaced by actors which could make the asgard a more frequent apearing race in SG1 and mabey SGA
just an idea that poped in my head and would i love to find out this would happen

Eoin
January 14th, 2006, 03:49 PM
Where did you ear the info about the asgard comming? I wanna read it :D

I dont think the writers would turn the asgard human....the asgard from season 5 (i forget which ep) probably cost more than an asgard puppet :)

Wick
January 14th, 2006, 03:58 PM
i think i read it in a forum somewhere i cant exactly remeber where i look for it for you

RoMUS
January 14th, 2006, 04:12 PM
Damn thats a good idea

Eoin
January 14th, 2006, 04:15 PM
i think i read it in a forum somewhere i cant exactly remeber where i look for it for you

HirogenGater
January 14th, 2006, 06:26 PM

I would like to see this as well.

Wick
January 14th, 2006, 06:38 PM
sorry guys i can't remember or find where it says the asgard are coming to atlantis i probaly read it in a what people want to see in atlantis S3 topic and my imagination ran wild but any way still a cool idea for a show imagine it.
While a team is expolring the city they come across a lab and they find test tubes and tons of data on the asgard 10000 years ago. that would mean the earth would have saved their race 2 times they could help power and defend atlantis in return

SmallTimePerson
January 14th, 2006, 08:16 PM
I think that was in the Ask Joe thread. Someone asked him if we would see the asgard in Pegasus...

Wick
January 14th, 2006, 10:41 PM
Found it
Spoiler for Season 10, More Ships. (http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=21288)
post 11 talks about an asgard ship in Atlantis studying the Aurora class ship recoverd from inferno
sorry guys it was only a idea not an opinion

Wraith_Hunter
January 14th, 2006, 11:30 PM
It was me who asked Joe with regards to the Asgard. I asked how long will it take for an Asgard ship to reach Pegasus, he replied that we will find out in season 3.

I imagine that it won't have anything to do with DNA. More along the lines of them coming to help with the growing Wraith threat. It's possible that they come in the beginning of season 3, especially since it seems very likely that the Wraith get cooridinates or hyperdrive info that will allow them to get to this galaxy. So since lots of planets are still protected by the Asgard. Then it's kinda their duty to step up to the plate when there's trouble ahead. Atleast this time, they will kinda have a heads up from the SGC & Hermy.

So it depends how the finale plays out, if they get in the MW galaxy at the beginning of s3, then I can see the Asgard O'Neill class warships being dispatched to intercept & take them out. If they just get the hyperdrive modifications, then we will probably see them a little later on in the season, probably somewhere around the middle, then as it'll most likely be another cliffhanger, the ending eps of s3 as well.

Wick
January 15th, 2006, 12:48 AM
Sick i would love to see the asgard kick wraith ass

NakedJehutyV2
January 15th, 2006, 05:42 PM
it'll prolly take seconds to a few minutes like othalla to earth in seconds.

Merlin1701
January 17th, 2006, 02:30 AM
It’s very likely that the Asgard are coming to Atlantis. The real question is when, in the third season of SGA the Ori will still be a problem for our galaxy. The idea of making the Asgard more human looking is, in my opinion, a bad idea. The Asgard are the most ‘alien’ looking alien, to make them look more human will reduce costs a little but it will defiantly make them less.

The Asgard should come to Atlantis not only to defend the city but to develop the race, not only genetically but the depth of the race. Perhaps an earth ship, (I say earth ship as we don’t know which will be in Pegasus.) detects an Asgard vessel. Upon arrival they discover an ancient Asgard sleeper ship. Fresh genetic material.

Your thoughts,
Merlin1701

Wraith_Hunter
January 17th, 2006, 06:37 AM
Itís very likely that the Asgard are coming to Atlantis. The real question is when, in the third season of SGA the Ori will still be a problem for our galaxy. The idea of making the Asgard more human looking is, in my opinion, a bad idea. The Asgard are the most Ďaliení looking alien, to make them look more human will reduce costs a little but it will defiantly make them less.

The Asgard should come to Atlantis not only to defend the city but to develop the race, not only genetically but the depth of the race. Perhaps an earth ship, (I say earth ship as we donít know which will be in Pegasus.) detects an Asgard vessel. Upon arrival they discover an ancient Asgard sleeper ship. Fresh genetic material.

Your thoughts,
Merlin1701

The new ship for Pegasus in S3 is supposed to be called the Orion. However their is also an Ancient Warship that will be got in the next ep of Atlantis, which is 'Inferno'. So I'd rather they got that for keeps. So hopefully it'll last longer than the last two eps & the season 3 opener. It'd be far better to have an 'Aurora' as your main ship, then at least 1 other Daedalus class ship in Pegasus at all time for support, while the other does it's supply runs.

I say the Asgard will arrive to help in the beginning of S3, to help destroy the ships that are going to the MW, when they finally get on their way to this galaxy. Hopefully that will happen in "No man's land", then we can finally see Asgard's O'neill class in action against Hive ships.

As for the sleeper idea, there is no evidence that the Asgard knew of Pegasus prior to being informed by the SGC about it. The sleeper ship, genetic angle was already covered in SG-1. So am pretty certain that won't be happening again.

SmallTimePerson
January 17th, 2006, 06:32 PM
The new ship for Pegasus in S3 is supposed to be called the Orion. However their is also an Ancient Warship that will be got in the next ep of Atlantis, which is 'Inferno'. So I'd rather they got that for keeps. So hopefully it'll last longer than the last two eps & the season 3 opener. It'd be far better to have an 'Aurora' as your main ship, then at least 1 other Daedalus class ship in Pegasus at all time for support, while the other does it's supply runs.

the only problem is that the "aurora" class of ships hav only interstellar hyperdrive, and while im sure they would be good in defence, the hyperdrive would need modifing if it is to stay in pegasus to defend by itself for weeks on end.

Cory Holmes
January 18th, 2006, 03:00 PM
See, I like Caldwell and the Daedalus. And as nifty as an Aurora-class ship might be, I prefer the idea of using Earth-tech to do most of the job in Atlantis. It keeps the show grounded in the real-world. I also like the idea that the Daedalus won't always be around to help out, that once in a while it'll be off on its supply runs. It saves us from that little cop-out.

Wraith_Hunter
January 18th, 2006, 05:09 PM
the only problem is that the "aurora" class of ships hav only interstellar hyperdrive, and while im sure they would be good in defence, the hyperdrive would need modifing if it is to stay in pegasus to defend by itself for weeks on end.

That's all that's needed though to zip around in Pegasus. They would only need intergalactic if they were planning on taking it to the MW. So if it dones the Ancients, then I'm sure it would do the SGA personnel as well. The only reason it was taking so long in 'Aurora' was because it was heavily damaged & they already knew that it was floating back home. So if this one that they get is fairly operational, then it will most likely be faster than any & all Wraith ships. The only problem I can see with this type of ship, is using all it's weapons up. If that or the power source gets knackered, then they're royally screwed. They better hipe it has the energy weapons like that of the satellite weapons platform. Considering the size of the thing, then to get powering it up @ it's full potential, then they will need a heck of a lot more than what they're currently using for Daedalus. So it will probably need a little bit of Asgard tlc after the conclusion of the S2 finale. That's assuming it survives of course.

See, I like Caldwell and the Daedalus. And as nifty as an Aurora-class ship might be, I prefer the idea of using Earth-tech to do most of the job in Atlantis. It keeps the show grounded in the real-world. I also like the idea that the Daedalus won't always be around to help out, that once in a while it'll be off on its supply runs. It saves us from that little cop-out.

The problem here is that those class of ships aren't really Earth tech. The large majority of things on it are Asgard or other alien tech. Even Prometheus when it was originally launched was full of Asgard 'Designed' technology. If they give it energy weapons, a PJ cloak, a ZPM to fully power the shield & HD. Then finish it off with stationing 2/4 PJ's in it's hangar bays. Then it would take apart any ship that came it's way. They cloak would render it totally invisible to the naked eye & all scanning sensors. The ZPM would allow it to jump between the two galaxies within 4 days, as well as significantly increasing the shielding on it. Making it virtually indestrucible to enemy fire. Energy weapons to attack other ships & not have to worry about the ammo rate etc, as well as actually being able to do damage to the enemy vessels. Lastly just incase the energy weapons ever became ineffective, just say at some point in the future they were forced to come up against the Asgard. Their Asgard tech would be of no use against a proper Asgard ship, whichalthough they would have similar tech. The Asgard ship would be much more powerful. This is where the jumpers would come in. Simply lower the hangar bay doors, erect the Asgard shileding around it. The you can lauch drones from the jumpers safely behind the shileding to any chosen targets. I'm pretty sure considering how they ripped apart Anubis' fleet. Then it would have similar impact on Asgard ships as well, as well as Ori ships etc.

If they done all that, then it would rule above all others. However can't ever see them doing all that to it. So instead, I hope they get to keep the Aurora warship to give Daedalus (+ maybe Orion) a powerful backup option. The fact that Daedalus isn't always around is a serious problem. Given the threat posed to the city, then in reality. It should always have some sort of protection in or around it. It's no good taking 18 days to get back once it's gone, by then it's too late. So if it were reality then they would have a full time ship stationed in Pegasus. That's why they are supposed to be giving it Daedalus full time in S3. With the 'Orion' supposedly taking over the shuttle runs.

SmallTimePerson
January 18th, 2006, 05:24 PM
That's all that's needed though to zip around in Pegasus. They would only need intergalactic if they were planning on taking it to the MW. So if it dones the Ancients, then I'm sure it would do the SGA personnel as well. The only reason it was taking so long in 'Aurora' was because it was heavily damaged & they already knew that it was floating back home.

no, to head off a wraith fleet it would need a faster hyper drive to out run the wraith cruisers and hive ships. The aurora's huyperdrive takes months to reach atlantis from the edge of the pegasus galaxy, which i presume took minutes for the daedalus. The wraith ships are just slower than the daedalus, plus they make jumps, but they coould prob outrun the aurora.

Wraith_Hunter
January 18th, 2006, 05:36 PM
no, to head off a wraith fleet it would need a faster hyper drive to out run the wraith cruisers and hive ships. The aurora's huyperdrive takes months to reach atlantis from the edge of the pegasus galaxy, which i presume took minutes for the daedalus. The wraith ships are just slower than the daedalus, plus they make jumps, but they coould prob outrun the aurora.

The problem is, we don't know how fast it's drive is. It could potentially be even faster that Daedalus when fully operational. I certainly don't think it will take months o get back. If you think about 'Aurora', the captain said they were on a recon mission & were trusted with a Wraith weakness. So you wouldn't put a big slow ass ship on a recon mission. Instead I don't think it will be faster than Daedalus, however I do think it will go much quicker than Hive ships when it's fully up & running. Although nothing has been said about it in the spoilers for 'Allies'. The last it's heard is in the next upcoming ep 'Inferno'. Where McKay used a volcano to help it. Yet in 'Allies' he is back in Atlantis, so since he's the smartest out of them, then it would make sense to have him on it making repairs, since we know it is already damaged. This makes you even think of whether it even makes it out of 'Inferno' at all. So we may never get to find out more about it's capabilities.

Dr Weir
January 21st, 2006, 05:03 AM
The asgard are soposed to be coming to atlantis in season 3 but what for
i have a theory that atlantis has genetic information on the early asgard DNA so atlantis becomes a great intrest to the asgard which help protect it while asgard scientists work on their cloning problem i also think that the writers will use this to make the asgard characters become more human like so that the frequent use of costly special effects and pupets can be replaced by actors which could make the asgard a more frequent apearing race in SG1 and mabey SGA
just an idea that poped in my head and would i love to find out this would happen
Which asgards are coming to Altantis? I wouldn't be surprised if it was Hemiod. I wouldn't like it if the asgard started looking human, then they just wouldn't be the same, nothing special.

SmallTimePerson
January 21st, 2006, 05:30 AM
The problem is, we don't know how fast it's drive is. It could potentially be even faster that Daedalus when fully operational. I certainly don't think it will take months o get back. If you think about 'Aurora', the captain said they were on a recon mission & were trusted with a Wraith weakness. So you wouldn't put a big slow ass ship on a recon mission. Instead I don't think it will be faster than Daedalus, however I do think it will go much quicker than Hive ships when it's fully up & running.
you see in Aurora they did put a big slow ship on, as its a science ship not made for zipping around blowing stuff up. Without the drive modifications it would take months for them to reach atlantis, when the ship was fully operational.
The first officer wanted them to change the drive to the faster intergalactic (like the daedalus ones) so they could get there faster, but we know she is a wraith.

Although nothing has been said about it in the spoilers for 'Allies'. The last it's heard is in the next upcoming ep 'Inferno'. Where McKay used a volcano to help it. Yet in 'Allies' he is back in Atlantis, so since he's the smartest out of them, then it would make sense to have him on it making repairs, since we know it is already damaged. This makes you even think of whether it even makes it out of 'Inferno' at all. So we may never get to find out more about it's capabilities.
well, the only thing we know is the ship survives getting blasted into space. cause thats where the daedalus picks it up, i think.

Wraith_Hunter
January 21st, 2006, 04:14 PM
you see in Aurora they did put a big slow ship on, as its a science ship not made for zipping around blowing stuff up. Without the drive modifications it would take months for them to reach atlantis, when the ship was fully operational.
The first officer wanted them to change the drive to the faster intergalactic (like the daedalus ones) so they could get there faster, but we know she is a wraith.

well, the only thing we know is the ship survives getting blasted into space. cause thats where the daedalus picks it up, i think.

The 'Aurora' isn't a science ship, it's actually a warship! So that's it's main task, in going around taking out Wraith ships. When they said months, since the first officer could do stuff like McKay, where it got in & deleted the personal information about the Wraith weakness, then it's possible it also added in some simulated damage to make them work faster to upgrade the drives. Another one is that they already knew there really was pre-existing damage & the only option of getting back in a hurry with the info would be to used intergalactic ones.

Either way, we don't know for sure anything regarding it's true speed. Although I doubt it will be anything like Daedalus, unless it's had upgraded ancient hyperdrives. Which I don't think it will have. However, I do think it'll go faster than cruisers or hive ships.

There are pretty detailed spoilers released for the finale, no mention of the ship in that. So since they use a volcano to help blast it into orbit. It's possible that it takes more damage & Daedalus is used to beam everyone off before it explodes. The only reason that makes me think this may be the case, is that they always seem to destroy ancient tech, like SG-1 always did with Goa'uld stuff. Then on top of that McKay is the best for repairing Ancient tech. Yet we know from the spoilers that he is back on Atlantis. So it seems that he for some reason goes back aboard the Daedalus & back home to Atlantis along with the rest of the team.

So it seems that either some of the Daedalus crew are bringing it home, yet if that's the case. Then it will never arrive back in time to help out Atlantis. So it doesn't seem too good on the Aurora front to me.

Lexa Jayde
January 21st, 2006, 07:58 PM
i cant wait to meet Jeanie!!!!! i reckon she'll be a great character!!!!!

Wraith_Hunter
January 22nd, 2006, 12:31 PM

If she would actually be a visitor to Atlantis. However she won't be, in the ep that's scheduled for S3. It'll take place on Earth.

Wick
January 23rd, 2006, 12:29 AM
who is jeanie

Lexa Jayde
January 23rd, 2006, 03:24 AM
who is jeanie
Jeanie is McKay's sister, he mentions her in "Letters From Pegesus"

Wraith_Hunter::: how do you know that it will take place on earth, has anyone actually said that yet????

k8tbug1
January 23rd, 2006, 10:51 AM

Oh, me neither. I wonder if she'll be anything like Mckay, or completly different. Knowing TPTB she'll be a carbon copy. Can you imagine. Two of them!! OY.:mckay09: :mckayanime18:

Wraith_Hunter
January 23rd, 2006, 06:22 PM
Jeanie is McKay's sister, he mentions her in "Letters From Pegesus"

Wraith_Hunter::: how do you know that it will take place on earth, has anyone actually said that yet????

Huh! It has to take place on Earth, do you think they will let civilians take a trip on an alien hybrid intergalactic spaceship, that has an actual alien on board. Then let her in to a race of beings that actually created life here, that existed in this galaxy for well over 50 million years ago. This coupled with the Wraith threat, where they either get hyperdrive specs or coordinates of Earth. Perhpas, they may be offering free space flights for the luckly people who's name get drawn out of a hat.

Barring all that, where Zelenka, Ford etc were all told not to reveal anything in their diaries to people that don't have security clearance. Yet we will be led to beleive that McKay's sister, who he isn't close to will be allowed to come to Atlantis. It's pretty obvious to me, that he will be back on Earth & after going through & seeing all that he has seen over the past two years. Realises that there are far more important things in life & sets about trying to rectify it.

However if they want to let uncleared civilians, know of all this super, duper classified info, then take it a stage further & actually let her take a trip to it to visit her brother. Then sure why not! I can totally see the logic in that.

Helo
January 24th, 2006, 02:23 PM
In my opinion if the asgard come to pegasus it will be because of the wraith threat. Seeing how the deddy can't destroy a hiveship without beaming a nuke onboard we will need some asgard help.

Lida
January 25th, 2006, 05:26 PM
Oh, me neither. I wonder if she'll be anything like Mckay, or completly different. Knowing TPTB she'll be a carbon copy. Can you imagine. Two of them!! OY.:mckay09: :mckayanime18:

Please no......a female McKay????? What will they do when they meet.......have a prime number contest? No, please say it ain't so.....I'd like to see his sister as a "normal" female, with NO interest in showing off her IQ, or any other thing that has numbers attached.....if you get my drift. :mckayanime03:

NakedJehutyV2
January 28th, 2006, 12:25 AM
she better be hot.

Metonic
February 2nd, 2006, 08:03 PM
mckay in a dress.... :(

lol

anyways... Asgards NEED A FACE LIFT. they had this problem for so long we solve it they owe us and then BAM we pwn noobs...

i would rather see Asgard look like that Martian man hunter guy...

jenks
February 2nd, 2006, 09:06 PM
she better be hot.

More than likely, you can bet she is the exact opposite of McKay...

Lida
February 7th, 2006, 11:43 AM
Anyone who has any suggestions for who (as in actual actress) they would like to play McKay's sister?:mckay: