Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stargate, Star Wars, Star Trek : which one is the Greatest?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate, Star Wars, Star Trek : which one is the Greatest?

I'm a huge fan of SF! I have seen the old and the new trilogy of Star Wars. I have seen Star Trek since I was I young boy! And now my new passion is Stargate SG1 (and very altely also Atlantis).

Now, I've got a Question which I wan't to ask everyone on Gateworld:

Which one of these 3 is the Greatest series of all time?

Even if I only cite those three series, feel free to add any other series that is your greatest!
    Last edited by /\NUBIS; 05 November 2006, 03:21 AM.
    "Only puny secrets need protection. Big discoveries are protected by public incredulity." (Marshall McCluhan)

Maybe you should ask the mods to make a poll.

I am torn.

I loved the first (last) three Star Wars and would have considered them the best ever but the last (first) three kinda ruined it for me with some silly, unnecessary plot items (miticlorins) and some really, really and I mean really bad acting.

Star Trek is really the first, the that got it all going. It became something more then it originally was. I mostly really liked all the series but lack the true deep Love that the trekers have for the show. These shows had really high points and really low points.

But Stargate, something about the show always really resonnated with me. I love this show and think it is\was the best eposodic TV show I have ever watched... but is it too soon to lump it with the classics... what if it tanks in the coming months does it ruin the entire franchise for me? Or can I appreciate what it has been.

I guess if I had to pick one universe to live in or to watch on TV for the rest of my life......its between Star Wars and Stargate.....lightsabers are really cool.....aahhahgggg this is hard......."Greatest series of all time"... greatest "series".... ok Stargate...
    Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Stargate's the best.

Star Trek Voyager second best TV show, Star Trek The Movie and the one about the whales were great.

Then Star Wars.

TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Stargate > ( Quantum Leap ) > ( Sliders ) > Trek Voyager > StarWars > Trek DS9 > Trek TNG

No show has captivated me like Stargate has

I think there might be a hint of bias on this forum
        Last edited by jazz!; 14 January 2006, 10:05 AM.
        It's a joke. My way of deflecting attention from my own obvious heroism. You'll get used to it.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz!
          Stargate < ( Quantum Leap ) < ( Sliders ) < Trek Voyager < StarWars < Trek DS9 < Trek TNG

No show has captivated me like Stargate has

I think there might be a hint of bias on this forum
          Scared me for a moment. (though eveyone has their own taste and who am I to judge) but I thought you were saying Stargate < (is less than) Quantum leap & Sliders . which would just be..... wrong
          Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
            Scared me for a moment. (though eveyone has their own taste and who am I to judge) but I thought you were saying Stargate < (is less than) Quantum leap & Sliders . which would just be..... wrong
            I believe sunspots from a distant star or possibly remnants of a solar flare may have somehow interfered with your internet connection... all I see is ">"

Spoiler:

Good Catch!

I meant to do that........I was just testing you

It's a joke. My way of deflecting attention from my own obvious heroism. You'll get used to it.

Comment

I'm not sure you can compare all three as they are very different. I happen to enjoy them all but for varying reasons.

I suppose if I had to pick a favorite it would be Star Wars. Trek and Stargate and great, but I've been a big fan of Star Wars since I was a kid. It was my first experience with science fiction and still the greatest. I am referring to original trilogy. Not the three new films or the "special edition" Lucas replaced the original theatrical releases with.

I guess it's like your first love. It will always have a special place in your heart.

Comment

WAY too hard. Can't choose, if I did I'd just keep changeing my mind. I have to add Galactica(season 2 starts today!) and Firefly to that mix though.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42
                  WAY too hard. Can't choose, if I did I'd just keep changeing my mind. I have to add Galactica(season 2 starts today!) and Firefly to that mix though.
                  Well, if we can add to the list, then Babylon 5 should be there too.

Comment

Maybe you should ask the mods to make a poll.
                    As I'm new to this site! Can you explain how I could ask the mods to make such a poll?
                    Maybe other series such as Galactica, Farscape or Babylon 5 should be included...
                    I really would like to know which series would win in such a poll!
                    "Only puny secrets need protection. Big discoveries are protected by public incredulity." (Marshall McCluhan)

Comment

Originally posted by /\NUBIS
                      As I'm new to this site! Can you explain how I could ask the mods to make such a poll?
                      Maybe other series such as Galactica, Farscape or Babylon 5 should be included...
                      I really would like to know which series would win in such a poll!
                      I am pretty sure you can just PM a mod... or maybe go to the Ask the Moderators thread and ask in there, Ive seen people do that.

EDIT: Link to Ask the Moderators: http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=17629

Comment

That's a tough choice. For me, each series has it's own merits. I like aspects of each series mentioned. I hate to say this, but it's like comparing apples and oranges.

Comment

Well, if we can add to the list, then Babylon 5 should be there too.
                          Haha, you are SO on my level!

I'm a dyed-in-the-wool Trekker but Stargate comes a respectable second. Never bought into Star Wars at all, despite my other half loving it, and what I have seen of the prequel films was just awful. Nearly nodded off in the first one and have avoided the other 2 like the plague. But don't get me started on that...
                          sigpic
                          "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

Battlestar Galactica is the best but since that isn't an option i go for star trek for the simple fact that they had Deep Space Nine in their franchise.

Comment

I think Star Trek, it was what started everything, I liked the star trek universe, its the one i would like to live in, but it is too much like a fairy tale to be true. I love all the SF shows that have been on, I also have read a lot of star trek and star wars books, you get to know the characters more indepth.
                              With that I really REALLY love stargate and also atlantis as the stories, the actors and the interaction between actors is so much more than star trek had.
                              But you have to add Bab 5 to the list as I have watched this series over and over and each time I have watched it i appreciate it even more.:d:d:d
                              Made by Cheyenne

Comment

Working...
                              X