This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ongoing DB Server Issues - 1/14

We are aware that the (slowdowns) issues are still ongoing with regards to busy periods and very long response times on the forums, and we are currently working on a completely new hardware setup to fix these issues.

We are currently going through the planning phase with our provider to work out cost, feasibility etc of a number of new options, and as such the solution to our current issue may still be a few weeks away, however we are endeavouring to have everything sorted ASAP.

Just a side note to this - if you notice a page takes more than a couple of seconds to load, or it cuts out and stops loading half way, dont try to refresh it madly like Mckay would, just let it be for a few minutes and try it (once) again. This will help to slow down the server further until we have a permanent new solution in place. Thanks!

Ah thanks Greg for letting us know. Lol you are an Asguard Scientist now?
    I noticed it allready that the pages were loading kinda slow. Hopefully you'll fix it soon.
    We are facing our future together - Dr. Elizabeth Weir
    Dr. Elisabeth Weir is a proud member of the GTA !
    *~'.:GTA 199:.'~*

Stargate Omega: so much more than a website ! Join the place today.

Comment

Ah ... that, (and my dodgy internet connection) explains a lot. And, sorry ... i've been a bit McKay like, but now i know, i'll lay off the old refresh button a bit.

Thanks for telling us.
      I'm not Weird, I'm Gifted!

Comment

here i thought it was just my net too...

but thx for that info greg.

talk bout annoyin'
        sigpic

Comment

Well, thanks for the news.
          sigpic

Comment

Thanks for letting us know the reasons and what's in the works. Knowing makes me less apt to toss invective at the screen.

Comment

Thanks for the info...

And dude, it's ASGARD!

~*Beanie*~ | No mountain too high, no gutter too low... | Ar scáth a chéile a mhairimid uilig...
              "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

Comment

i was about to replace my wireless network card, i thought it was playing up...but i was refreashing like mad, ill change my ways

Comment

Whoops, on the whole refreshing thing, oh well and yes it is Asgard, but then, has there ever been a confirmed spelling? Anyway, keep us informed of the developments Greg, thanks
                  Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                  - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Elisabeth Weir
                    Ah thanks Greg for letting us know. Lol you are an Asguard Scientist now?
                    I can see where he got the spelling though as-guard.

The forum is running better now, is the problem fixed or is it quiet when im on?

Comment

The last week it has been great, no re-issues of the problem occuring. Will keep this thread open for another week before i can comfirm our issues are resloved.

Comment

well its better over here

Comment

Just completed some bug fixes with MySQL. Should improve performance slightly.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg
                            Just completed some bug fixes with MySQL. Should improve performance slightly.
                            was that why the Forum just died for a couple of minutes?
                            I'm not Weird, I'm Gifted!

Comment

just had a hicup at 8:47 seems ok now
                              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Working...
                              X