This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about season 8

Hello all I am new here, and was wondering I was going to buy the season 8 set, and was wondering if there is anyway to tell if it has the proper threads episode or if it needs exchanged. I ask this because I checked the exchange site and it say that you can only get the disc exchanged if it was bought before december 31/2005. So how do I know if I go buy Season 8 right now that I will get the Long version of Threads and not the original.

Originally posted by Ryvius179
    Hello all I am new here, and was wondering I was going to buy the season 8 set, and was wondering if there is anyway to tell if it has the proper threads episode or if it needs exchanged. I ask this because I checked the exchange site and it say that you can only get the disc exchanged if it was bought before december 31/2005. So how do I know if I go buy Season 8 right now that I will get the Long version of Threads and not the original.
    The rumor is that new sets include the longer episode. But wait for someone else to respond to this with more knowledge on the subject.

Comment

This must be the first year I haven't rushed to pre-order S8. I'm afraid I'm going to be waiting to see what others say here and until I'm assured that the proper version of Threads is on there and none of the glitches reported elsewhere, before I part with my cash.

I ask this because I checked the exchange site and it say that you can only get the disc exchanged if it was bought before december 31/2005.
      I assume though, that this information applies only to the US/non UK versions of the disk and that if there was a problem with the UK sets, new information would be issued. It would be ridiculous to put a final date on exchanges of 2005 for sets which aren't even released till early 2006, so there doesn't seem to be much logic in the info above having much relevence for the UK sets.

Albion
      Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

This is a bit of an old thread, but I thought I'd mention the deadline for the rebate has been extended, check the website.

Comment

Originally posted by Albion
          This must be the first year I haven't rushed to pre-order S8. I'm afraid I'm going to be waiting to see what others say here and until I'm assured that the proper version of Threads is on there and none of the glitches reported elsewhere, before I part with my cash.

I assume though, that this information applies only to the US/non UK versions of the disk and that if there was a problem with the UK sets, new information would be issued. It would be ridiculous to put a final date on exchanges of 2005 for sets which aren't even released till early 2006, so there doesn't seem to be much logic in the info above having much relevence for the UK sets.

Albion
          There was never going to be a problem with the UK Season 8 Boxset because it only contains the volume releases and the volume release last year that contain 'Threads' was the correct version, it was only ever the US had experience the problem.

Comment

Working...
          X