X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Robbins Mulls New 1984

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index...ory=0&id=34162

Tim Robbins (Zathura) told Empire Online that he wants to mount a new movie version of George Orwell's classic dystopian SF novel 1984. More ...
    sigpic

more relevant now than it was then...
    Thanks!
    Jordan

my page
    My LJ
    From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

i have heard some rumours but im afraid to say i do have the tendency to really enjoy rumours, but the flick is supposed to be set in the present day, it would surly be a nail bitting parnaoid rollarcoaster ( oh please kill me now before it reaches box office cough!!) if it was, but its doomed if this was to be the case, allow me to lay my self on the couch while i get this off my chest for this little session:

1. the story was supposed to be set in 1984 hence the title, obviously George Orwell imagined in this story as being exaclly what the story is about a very dark and spooky future of what could happen so the fact that the flick may be set in the present day dosen't sell itself too much because as we know the story is too different to what is going on right now, you may think different to that (creepy goverment set ups and conspiracies and so on) so im unsure how it could be so.

2. the story originally set in 1984 was G O's vision of a possible future and so dosent't apply as realisitc in that respect as 1984 has come and gone along with the millenium bug that barely shooke my world nor my computer, so if the flick was to be done in the future then the title dosen't apply and so the so called adaptation is too losely based on it and in my eyes a rip off of a classic science fiction chiller, correct me if i am wrong here please?

3. carrying on with the rip off flick theme to have it set in the present makes me think of the much enjoyed yet bizzarely confusing "matrix" trillogy a mild rip off and complete hollywood cash maker ever since WB had the gleem to make a further two back then to drag the dead donkey a little further, the world we live in may be a facade or not, the idea to have the flick set in this time period is flawed in a few too many ways to go into at this point, i shall however endevour to share but a few here and now, so while i read many articles most of which were disturbing not in the fact that so called goverment conspiracies could be happening but people craze about there existance to the point they haven't a life nor nothing to furfill it with aside from such ideology and internet ham, i can see this remake of 1984 following the same lines as these with (and please allow me to imagine it here as the story writes itself in my mind) the earth is either under the heel of a mass goverment organisation that has been manipulating humans through technology and in essence keeping all eyes on everybody all the time where ever when ever, or an alien conspiracy that follows the same lines and we have the "one" oops!! sorry one person that notices these strange things and is beleived to be mad were it not for a few others that can relate to this and there we go a confusing and bizzare remake that only suits to make the paranoid more so and the rest preplexed to the point that it grosses a few million under its target at the box office and dies in memory as a hit and most definately missed opportunity that plagues the original when people wish to read the story they won't they will see the movie and it kills the idea that the book potrayed as a possible future of mankind and a lesson to all, we don't need a sci fi romp that has flakey action and hero characters who save the day and go home for sex with the female hero.......do we id this the future of stories the classics die off in favour of S**T remakes that miss the point and spoil the idea for ever?
      For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

Blech! Robbins is a quack and he will ruin a classic.
        It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Comment

I've never seen the original film, love the book though. I'd give the new film a chance.

Comment

Working...
          X