This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Hive - mistake?

I was just thinking about how the Wraith Queen was trying to get info on Sheppard's planet, when I realized that he was wearing his jacket that has the "Atlantis" patch on the sleeve! Teyla was also wearing hers. I don't know who is more stupid in this, the team for going off-world wearing those jackets while trying to keep Atlantis a secret, or the wraith queen not noticing it! Or are we to assume she only speaks English, but doesn't read it?

Originally posted by Schroedinger
    I was just thinking about how the Wraith Queen was trying to get info on Sheppard's planet, when I realized that he was wearing his jacket that has the "Atlantis" patch on the sleeve! Teyla was also wearing hers. I don't know who is more stupid in this, the team for going off-world wearing those jackets while trying to keep Atlantis a secret, or the wraith queen not noticing it! Or are we to assume she only speaks English, but doesn't read it?
    Huh?
    The wriath knew about the patches(which were obviously made before Atlantis was destroyed) before the destruction of Atlantis.
    It's not really a stretch to think the survivors would keep the patches on their jacket.
    It hardly proves that Atlantis is still around.
    I mean, if a pilot has his old squadron insignia on his jacket, do you assume the squadron is still commissioned??

Comment

Originally posted by Lightsabre
      Huh?
      The wriath knew about the patches(which were obviously made before Atlantis was destroyed) before the destruction of Atlantis.
      It's not really a stretch to think the survivors would keep the patches on their jacket.
      It hardly proves that Atlantis is still around.
      I mean, if a pilot has his old squadron insignia on his jacket, do you assume the squadron is still commissioned??
      But then why were they trying to find out if Sheppard was from Earth? And why would she buy the 'working for the other queen' story, if she knew they were survivors from Atlantis?

Comment

But then why were they trying to find out if Sheppard was from Earth? And why would she buy the 'working for the other queen' story, if she knew they were survivors from Atlantis?
        The only thing I came up with is this:

I thought about it form the Wraith Queen's point of view. She finds humans on her ship who can use and have a dart. They also seem to understand the door system. How many humans do you think she has run into that have a dart and knoledge of the inner workings of a Hive ship?

The second she is about to get info another Hive ship shows up. When someone is sneeking into another Hive ship or enemy areas...they tend to wear something to keep the enemy from knowing who they really are. Shep was wearing an Atlantis outfit...so to the Queen he obviously was not from Atlantis...and it blew up anyway.

The Queen assumed that Shep was a worshiper of another Queen because he had a dart...and the outfit was to mislead her. Because after all...why would a person from Atlantis broadcast they are from Atlantis?

The young lady was trying to get info from him and knew that almost anything he said might not be true. It looks like the Queen thought he was sent by another Queen on some mission to take her feeding humans.

The young woman was trying to get any information to link him to another Queen. If he said something that sounding like he was from lets say a planet named Matrov...and Queen lets say Sharana has worshipers from that planet...then the queen knows that Shep is from that Queen. Then she knows who her enemy is and can deal with it.

http://violetvision78.livejournal.com/
        *ponders updating sig*

Comment

The first thing, is that they could have found the jackets.

Next they could be wearing them & be survivors or refugees who were off-world when Atlantis was destroyed.

Next they might not even know it as Atlantis, they may know it under another name.

Atlantis etc could refer to something else in Pegasus other than the lost city.

There are a number of things that come to mind, so I don't see it as a mistake at all.

Comment

Didn't they remove the velcro Atlantis ensignia?

Perfecto!

Comment

people can find uniforms anywhere she thought they were survivors

Comment

http://sg-atlantis.emedian.net/s211.html look at the pretty pictures: they took their patches off
                Ses
                James Lafazanos - Good for a Laf

Comment

That Wraith queen was so dumb that he could have flat out told her " no really, Atlantis is still around we tricked you, here's pictures" and thrown a handful of polaroids at her and she still would have kept staring at him and squinting her eyes instead of just pounding the everloving crap out of him or death threatening his friends like she should have been doing.

Is it stupid that they'd be running around with atlantis badges, maybe, is it stupid that the queen didn't notice them and comment on it, probably. Is it stupid that the queen in Rising could sense Sumner's feelings of hunger and defiance casually from across the room and this one couldn't even pick out a bold-faced lie told right to her face, definately. Could Shep probably have abducted her for torture under the pretense of taking her to Disney Land, without doubt. Is either of these things the biggest or only thing wrong with "the hive" as an episode, oh lords lords no.

Comment

Originally posted by NakedJehutyV2
                    people can find uniforms anywhere she thought they were survivors
                    Yup. That's what I am going with.

She thought they were survivors. The Queen wants to know wre Earth is. But then when she finds out that he is from another Queen she flips because She has to go deal with that. After all there is a big Hive Ship right outside the window and alot of food running around on the planet and the Queen does't feel like sharing anymore. Shep can stay he's not goin anywhere. She'll find out where Earth is when she gets back.
                    *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
                    *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
                    *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
                    *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
                    *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
                    *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
                    *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

i concurr

Comment

It would be a huge continuity error if anyone offworld had Atlantis patches on their jackets. They usually take them off: the only way someone would be wearing a patch would be if Wardrobe forgot to take them off!

Comment

Speaking of "The Hive" wardrobe malfunctions...
                          Ronon's Jacket. He took it off when fighting off the Wraith in "The Lost Boys." While I'm sure it wasn't hard for the Wraith to figure out who it belonged to, why would they give it back to him in his cell?

Comment

I think the real question is why would you worship something that eats you?

Comment

Originally posted by SmallTimePerson
                              I think the real question is why would you worship something that eats you?
                              So that they would eat someone else and leave you unharmed?

Comment

Working...
                              X