Browncoats Everywhere!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Browncoats Everywhere!

So, being back in the states the first thing i had to do was of course hit up my local barnes and nobles and find the novelization of Serenity.

As I was checking out the cashier asked me if i had seen the movie. Of course my response was "Yes, i loved it and i just had to read the book." She proceeded to tell me that she too loved serenity and the book was and awesome addition because it so descriptive and made you feel like you are actually in the movie. We got to talking and i found out she was a firefly fan, farscape fan, and sg1 fan. It warmed my heart to see such a loyal scifi junky, since i dont have any RL fans near me.

Suffice to say... the browncoats have successfully infiltrated Virginia!

Lizbeth
    das haus ist gelb. ich liebe gelb!!

MySpace

Originally posted by StarzSkyMoon
    So, being back in the states the first thing i had to do was of course hit up my local barnes and nobles and find the novelization of Serenity.

As I was checking out the cashier asked me if i had seen the movie. Of course my response was "Yes, i loved it and i just had to read the book." She proceeded to tell me that she too loved serenity and the book was and awesome addition because it so descriptive and made you feel like you are actually in the movie. We got to talking and i found out she was a firefly fan, farscape fan, and sg1 fan. It warmed my heart to see such a loyal scifi junky, since i dont have any RL fans near me.

Suffice to say... the browncoats have successfully infiltrated Virginia!

Lizbeth
    Yeah well I love firefly/serenity and sg-1 and Atlantis maybe a little too much lol and well yeah if know a fair few stargate fans so well sci-fi has invaded Melbourne Australia but yeah I don’t know to many firefly/serenity fans but i know a lot of people who have seen the movie and loved it so well yeah its got a fairly big fan base well the movie not so much the series.

Comment

This just in I went to pick up a second Firefly season set, because there was an accedent with the first set. Target had them on sale. I get in line and the person in front of me and the 2 people behind me all had it.

The Brown Coats have taken Buffalo NY.

Oh and i found a nice brown coat 3 weeks ago that i bought looks great. LOL
      http://www.alteranancients.com/
      http://www.stargateworldswiki.com/

I reject your reality, and substitute my own. (Adam Savage - Mythbusters.)

Comment

There are perhaps 10 Browncoats in the Illawarra reigon, but we're all out there converting people. Our numbers are growing...
        And as you can see from my sig, Browncoats are invading pop culture.

Comment

Aaah....the browncoats have always been there, it just took the powers of Joss Whedon to realize it, and show it to the world!

Now, how to expose the purple bellies...

Stargate Gateworld RPG. All are welcome!|Jim Andersons Bio.

Comment

In the lead-up to Xmas the music/dvd store I work in had long sold out of Firefly (actually, every one of our stores in NSW and most of VIC was sold out for months), yet about half the times I went to look something up on our stock database, the last search performed was for Firefly We've had people asking about Serenity on DVD for a couple of weeks now, have to keep saying "Feb 8, but we're taking pre-orders". We get a few people asking about the soundtracks too *shakes fist a TPTB that haven't released them in Australia*.

Browncoats certainly are everywhere

-- Cynicatlantis - home of BeanieLantis, and other such silliness --

Comment

My city sucks.
              There is literally nowhere that stock Firefly or Serenity stuff, bar one bookstore that had a copy of the novelisation in the back. *shakes fist* How am I supposed to find other Browncoats when there's probably no one in the reigon who knows about the 'Verse? *shakes fist again*

Comment

The browncoats are finally starting to take over wisconsin here!!!
                sigpic
                Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

Working...
                X