This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate Destroyer

I want to ask some people, do any of you think the Stargate Destroyer that Anubis used on the SGC way back, do you think it was used perhaps against the Ori? Or do you think it was used to cut access to planets ravaged with the plague?

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

I don't think it was used as a weapon at all. I suspect it has an entirely different purpose. Much like phones are used to make calls but in the hands of Russel Crowe become weapons of pain and torture. . it's not the item but whose hands it's in.

I'm not sure what the purpose could be though.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

It is my interpretation that the Goa'uld aren't absolutley parasitic down to the smallest T. They do have some ability to adapt advanced technologies for their own devious intentions.
      The Gamekeeper: "I told you they would ruin everything.
      First, the garden. Next, the entire
      PLANET!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by MarshAngel
        I don't think it was used as a weapon at all. I suspect it has an entirely different purpose. Much like phones are used to make calls but in the hands of Russel Crowe become weapons of pain and torture. . it's not the item but whose hands it's in.

I'm not sure what the purpose could be though.
        I thought ol' Nubby created it with the knowledge he still retained from being ascended?

And I also thought that Teal'c son totalled it.

Say hello to my little friend!!

Comment

Indeed he did but just asking people whether they think it has any relevance with the Ancients or was it something Anubis created completely by himself. If it was made by the Ancients then was it an Ori offensive weapon or something to prevent plague victims from spreading across the worlds.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Originally posted by Iguana775
            I thought ol' Nubby created it with the knowledge he still retained from being ascended?

Anubis didn't build it, he found it; that was why they were confident he couldn't build another after Rya'c blew the first one up. Whether it was designed as a weapon or was just some sort of Gate booster that he ripped the safety functions out of was hard to determine after it was destroyed.
            Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
            - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

To tell you the truth, I haven't the slightest clue what that puppy could have been used for before 'ol Anubis manipulated the he** out of it.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I always figured it was some kind of gate power booster to let gates dial interlactic. Charge up the gate and the gate uses the stored power to get a lock in pegasus.
                Captain John Sheridan: [practicing his apology for blowing up a Centauri War Cruiser] I apologize. I'm sorry. I'm sorry we had to defend ourselves against an unwarranted attack. I'm sorry that your crew was stupid enough to fire on a station filled with a quarter million civilians, including your own people. And I'm sorry I waited as long as I did before I blew them all straight to hell! As with everything else it's the thought that counts.

Beta Ray Bill: “ I have battled in the vastness of space and bled in the depths of Hell! Come for me, and you come for death!!!” Omega Flight #5 of 5

Comment

But isnt it quite big to be used for gate boosting? I mean surely a ZPM could do it better then have this massive device powering it.

Comment

Originally posted by Prior_of_the_Ori
                    But isnt it quite big to be used for gate boosting? I mean surely a ZPM could do it better then have this massive device powering it.
                    Since it lets you break the 38 minute window, my assumption would be that it was designed to allow a Gate to be used for a long time, so that you could transport lots and lots of stuff through it - possibly over intergalactic ranges - without having to redial.

Comment

if it was the alterrans could've used that to destroy the ori homeworld

Comment

If they used it to boost the gate-open time, how can they get anything through it if a beam is always obscuring it?

Comment

Originally posted by PG15
                          If they used it to boost the gate-open time, how can they get anything through it if a beam is always obscuring it?
                          Walk to either side?

Comment

This is a guess based on the fact that i don't think the ZPM's were commonin Ancient society and were probably one of their greatest scientific achievements. making Zpm's is probably a long' complicated and expensive process. If it wasn't Janus would have left us a closet full of them on Atlantis. Ok this my theory on how the device worked. you dial a gate. the device charges the gate with a massive amount of power and uploads the targetting data to establish a intergalactic wormhole/9 chevron lock. the device then deactivates. the receiving gate then immediately dials the intergalactic address with enough power to at least establish a lock. you only need to establish the wormhole after that the gate can draw power from the destination side in this case Atlantis. This way they wouldn't need to build dozens of zpms or modify dozens of dhds to dial intergalactic.
                            Captain John Sheridan: [practicing his apology for blowing up a Centauri War Cruiser] I apologize. I'm sorry. I'm sorry we had to defend ourselves against an unwarranted attack. I'm sorry that your crew was stupid enough to fire on a station filled with a quarter million civilians, including your own people. And I'm sorry I waited as long as I did before I blew them all straight to hell! As with everything else it's the thought that counts.

Beta Ray Bill: “ I have battled in the vastness of space and bled in the depths of Hell! Come for me, and you come for death!!!” Omega Flight #5 of 5

Comment

Originally posted by Iguana775

Iguana775, that is an AWESOME signature!

Comment

Working...
                              X