This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ori Vs Ancients

what do you think? who are the bad guys?

I don't think the ancients are evil but it's possible they have a less than perfect backstory.
    There are two crucial things we still don't know about the ancients:
    what happened with the plague deal and why (if at all) they created humans in this galaxy.

the Ori on the other hand have already admitted they created the humans in their galaxy and that the ancients are shielding us.

I think the Ori religion is what they call the "true path" which is some kind of prophecy and they blame the ancients for forsaking it.

Return of the Harcesis Child Idea!!

Comment

there is no way the ancients is evil, they're peaceful and want to help human, the ancients will one day return to help earth to fight again at the Ori

we may or may not able to find out if Ancients will come and help,

the ancients want the human from earth to find the lost city of atlantis, they believe that tauri is a fifth race and might able to defeat the wraith, goa'uld, even Ori.

im not sure if tauri is ready to be a fifth race.

Comment

I think it's a matter of perspective. the Ori may actually believe their BS after so many years of saying it. Also, the Ancients may have gotten pissed at the Ori and spanked them. that's why they think they are evil. dont know. Hopefully we find out and it looks like we will at some point.

Say hello to my little friend!!

Comment

It would be a strange plot twist. Ever since season 2 when the Ancients were introduced as the gate builders they've been portrayed as being good, and along comes season 9-10 and they say they are evil. I truly believe it's the Ori that are evil.

Comment

ori they force people........

you know

Comment

Originally posted by mindfire
              It would be a strange plot twist. Ever since season 2 when the Ancients were introduced as the gate builders they've been portrayed as being good, and along comes season 9-10 and they say they are evil. I truly believe it's the Ori that are evil.
              It also would be a re-write of show cannon. From all we know of the ancients it would be very, very, very tricky to now write them as Evil. I mean there could be a branch of them that were evil but Oma wasn’t evil, nor Orlan, nor Janus or any of the counsel (standoffish yes, evil no). The lessons taught to Shifu were not evil. So now the entire race is evil? I don’t buy it. If it happens in the show it will either be the cleverest written show in the history of shows or it will be a bunch of crp. Most likely they won’t go there, but who knows with their new fascination with "darkening" things.
              Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

point of view

Comment

Think of this!!!

History is always writen by the victor! true! in OUR stargate universe the Ancients can control our destiny (as "lower" beings) if they want to! for example: ori = fire = bad/hell/etc. Daniel Jackson commented on this aswell!

One thing stargate has put across is that the Ancients do not interfere i life of lower beings!

ONE QUESTION! ANCIENTS know of the Ori's plan (as from s09e11), no matter how advanced someone is, they would not let someone beat them using "lower" beings! That would be like the Western world letting "ants" (for example) destroy the because bin laden trained them so??? Hmmmm???

Comment

They need to have a story where the SGC asks the Asgard or the Nox what the Ancients were like, since the Asgard and the Nox actually knew them.
                    Last edited by mindfire; 15 January 2006, 11:10 AM.

Comment

While I think making the Ancients evil would be a bit of a stretch, it would certainly be interesting to see a bit of darker back story for them, like a horrible mistake that they tried, mostly unsuccessfully, to remedy, with consequences still existing today.
                      SQUEE like no one's listening.

Comment

yeah that'd be cool but not till s10

Comment

What if Oma is Ori, she has never said, at least to my memory that she is an Ancient. When the Ori made the Prior in Avalon, Part 2, there energy looked remarkably similar to the Ancients.

It is true that the Ori force people to believe, but why do this, merely for the minimal power that lower beings can give? Even Orlin said that it takes massive amounts of humans relinquishing their will, to have a measureable effect.

Why hate the Ancients so much, if all they did was stray from the path, why follow them into different galaxies bent on their destruction for that reason alone? The Ancients don't force, they don't interfere, but they do allow worship, they say because of free will.

These Ancients aren't the Alterans that left the Ori galaxy millions of years ago. Maybe the peaceful ones we've come to know, aren't like the ones the Ori are talking about, the evil, manipulative Alterans that evolved alongside the Ori.

Comment

umm the alterrans are the ancients. oma isn't ori. they prolly wanna kill alterrans for the MW.

Comment

Originally posted by cafine_us
                              While I think making the Ancients evil would be a bit of a stretch, it would certainly be interesting to see a bit of darker back story for them, like a horrible mistake that they tried, mostly unsuccessfully, to remedy, with consequences still existing today.
                              I agree, that would be interesting to see. I do think the Ori are the baddies of the two, for obvious reasons, but the Ancients aren't saints. I'm sure there is a lot of bad things we don't know of that they've been behind. Afterall, they were heavy into science. And we all know that both good and bad always comes from scientific discoveries.
                              sigpic
                              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                              "...phu...ah..."
                              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                              X