• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Rising" Question concerning props at wraith chamber SPOILERS

Hi,
    has anyone noticed ....

Spoilers
    when Col. Sumner was tortured by the wraith keeper, i thought I saw the head of the animal which was featured on abydos in the stargate movie, on the table with all the food. The camera was just sweeping by.

It has a striking resemblence. If it is the same head then it is quite a inside joke to the hardcrore stargate fans

What out the next time you see "Rising".

Jannis_Equinox

To Quote Brig. Gen. O'Neill: "Have Fun..."

Okkk, not many replies to this post lol. it looks a little like it but I don’t think it is it, on SGA it was more like a head, but the one in the movie was more like a full animal with its back cut open, but I could be wrong.

I give green for signatures with ancient in them

Comment

I actually meant the animal at the beginning that was pulling Daniel.

The head on the table is a bit smaller but, well you know ... ahh for crying out loud ...

i try to get screencaps.

Jannis_equinox

Comment

Could be. I think it's unlikely, though, that an animal which is (so far) only known to have lived on Abydos would find its way to the Pegasus galaxy...
        Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

naw thats not the same the animal tha tpulled daniel was hair his thing in my opinon looks like a squid or something

Comment

That is exactly what I thought the instant I saw it. The big desert camel creature head with the salivating tongue from the Stargate movie.

Comment

I thought the exact same thing the first time I saw it. Actually, I was going to start a thread about it but I've been too lazy and now u beat me to it lol

I think it looks *remarkably* like the creature from Abydos, minus the hair. It's quite possible that it was a leftover prop that they re-utlised...happens all the time.

Maybe it was just the rubber face mask part and they left off all the hair (wouldnt' be hard to do...).

Until we learn more about them, I'm inclined to think it is the same creature, but that we're not supposed to notice, or rather that it's a little inside connection to the feature film.

Comment

Interesting, I thought the two animal heads looked completely different and nothing alike. Then again, I'd have to watch the movie again to check. I'm still going with the two heads look way too different.

Comment

Working...
                X