PDA

View Full Version : Gateroom refurb

andrewag
January 11th, 2006, 10:35 PM
I was thinking, the Gateroom has been just about the same for 9 years now with no refurbishment or anything. Does anyone else think it is time for a refurbishment of the Gateroom and maybe the meeting room.

Also, enemies are often taken through sensitive areas of the base. I know sets cost a lot, but maybe they should have a seperate meeting room / breifing room for maybe when alliens that are not allies on the base, and larger breifings of a nunber of SG teams.

Trek_Girl42
January 11th, 2006, 11:11 PM
I was thinking, the Gateroom has been just about the same for 9 years now with no refurbishment or anything. Does anyone else think it is time for a refurbishment of the Gateroom and maybe the meeting room.

Also, enemies are often taken through sensitive areas of the base. I know sets cost a lot, but maybe they should have a seperate meeting room / breifing room for maybe when alliens that are not allies on the base, and larger breifings of a nunber of SG teams.

A few potted plants, should liven the gate room right up- provide cover in case of enemy infiltration, make visitors feel right at home since most other gates are outdoors. Think Dr. Lee's plant from zero hour- except find a way to stunt it's growth once it's covered the walls like a nice piece of ivy. Perhaps add a few twinkely white lights, set up a patio- open a snack bar, nice place to sit and watch the comings and goings (the interesting ones) at the SGC. :jack_new_anime06:
Seriously, I think it's fine.
As for the briefing room- yeah, they should have a more auditorium style briefing room or something, for when the whole base needs to be briefed on a..... briefing.

the fifth man
January 11th, 2006, 11:18 PM

Personally, I say if it ain't broke, why fix it. The SGC surroundings have come to feel like home in a way over the past eight and a half seasons. I just don't see changing them too much.
As for showing different sets, it is all about the money. If they built those additional sets, we'd have to give up something else in an episode or episodes. Unfortunately, I'm sure it's hard to meet budget costs as it is for tptb.:)

da_hippie
January 12th, 2006, 01:15 AM
Don't worry, they are on the waiting list for Changing Rooms.

AGateFan
January 12th, 2006, 01:28 AM
Could use one of them fancy goa'uld shield generators, but other then that I think its fine.

Darkstar
January 12th, 2006, 03:48 AM
A few potted planets, should liven the gate room right up- provide cover in case of enemy infiltration, make visitors feel right at home since most other gates are outdoors. Think Dr. Lee's plant from zero hour- except find a way to stunt it's growth once it's covered the walls like a nice piece of ivy. Perhaps add a few twinkely white lights, set up a patio- open a snack bar, nice place to sit and watch the comings and goings (the interesting ones) at the SGC. :jack_new_anime06:
Seriously, I think it's fine.
As for the briefing room- yeah, they should have a more auditorium style briefing room or something, for when the whole base needs to be briefed on a..... briefing.

LOL!!! add to that a nice water feature a japaneese water garden, sand or instead a waterfall behind the gate and a river.

nice al fresco style coffee shop with gateroom seating and those umberella style things above them, im sorry im getting carried away but its just when i read that the first image in my head was all of the above and i did't even need to think hard to imagine it :D

BlackBaron
January 12th, 2006, 06:40 AM

No, more mony on space battles and less money on the base. :yuanime01:

Wyrminarrd
January 12th, 2006, 06:50 AM
There are a number of things they could do to improve the gateroom. For one they could install gatling guns to insure that they can shredd apart any non shielded enemy incursion. A pair of walls with slots for weapons along side both sides of the ramp would give the troops defending the gateroom something to shield behind in a fight and force the invader down a narrow killing zone.

That and a nice coat of paint ( light blue or possibly beige) and you have a much better gateroom :)

Darkstar
January 12th, 2006, 07:25 AM
Crystaliris Bluechevron

Is your gateroom feeling drab?

do your SG personel make sly comment on the decor of your embarkation room, or is your gate not being used as the main feature of your embarkation room because the tired walls and flooring takes away the wow factor of the shiney new gate?

then dont delay call today on 9724 GATE (4283) for a free brochure, for any fine additions to any embarkation room from fittings to fixture decorating appliances and security systems you will find Crystal iris online work hard to find you the very best at competative prices.

The newest offers and deals for 2006 can be found on our website crystalirisbluechevron.com.

January offers:

Decor:

Our newest in anticorrosiv armoured wall paint, comes in a variety of colours from Zat'nika'tel blue to Goa'uld gold, make your embarkation room the living space in your secret base and impress your foreign delegates by including the multi-tonnal 4 dimmensional mirror finnish
Price: $320 per square meter
Availibility: in stock

Security:

Isn't it most itrusive when an enemy arrive through your pride and joy that is your gate unannounced?
well fear not for crystaliris has solved these problems with the latest repulsergrav force sheild, assured to repel most enemies and keep the explosive damage that can occure when a foothold alien self-destructs in your embarkation room down to the minnimum**.
Price: $100.000 each*
Availability: In stock

Fixtures:

as a fine adition to any embarkation room an Iris keeps your flooring clean and free from blood when people arrive unannounced but the noise that occures is a most unfortunate when embroiled in a staff breifing or simply enjoying your morning coffee, we have the solution, new anti-decebel dampners fits to most gate conducter couplers in addition to control room windows, assured to kep the noise out and the important discussions in when enemies attack.
Price: $ 129.99*

for more infomation regarding our products check our website now for the latest offers and much more on crystalirisbluechevron.com

*Price does not include installation and any extras

**product tested at area 51, consult your goverment before installation.

Trek_Girl42
January 12th, 2006, 08:12 AM
LOL!!! add to that a nice water feature a japaneese water garden, sand or instead a waterfall behind the gate and a river.

nice al fresco style coffee shop with gateroom seating and those umberella style things above them, im sorry im getting carried away but its just when i read that the first image in my head was all of the above and i did't even need to think hard to imagine it :D

Nice.....And they can serve shirly temples with the little paper umbrellas (no alcohol on duty). And think about it, the tables can have dual functions- in an attack they can be used as cover.....Wow, this has promise.....;) :jack_new_anime06: ;)

Trek_Girl42
January 12th, 2006, 08:13 AM
Crystaliris Bluechevron

Is your gateroom feeling drab?

do your SG personel make sly comment on the decor of your embarkation room, or is your gate not being used as the main feature of your embarkation room because the tired walls and flooring takes away the wow factor of the shiney new gate?

then dont delay call today on 9724 GATE (4283) for a free brochure, for any fine additions to any embarkation room from fittings to fixture decorating appliances and security systems you will find Crystal iris online work hard to find you the very best at competative prices.

The newest offers and deals for 2006 can be found on our website crystalirisbluechevron.com.

January offers:

Decor:

Our newest in anticorrosiv armoured wall paint, comes in a variety of colours from Zat'nika'tel blue to Goa'uld gold, make your embarkation room the living space in your secret base and impress your foreign delegates by including the multi-tonnal 4 dimmensional mirror finnish
Price: $320 per square meter
Availibility: in stock

Security:

Isn't it most itrusive when an enemy arrive through your pride and joy that is your gate unannounced?
well fear not for crystaliris has solved these problems with the latest repulsergrav force sheild, assured to repel most enemies and keep the explosive damage that can occure when a foothold alien self-destructs in your embarkation room down to the minnimum**.
Price: $100.000 each*
Availability: In stock

Fixtures:

as a fine adition to any embarkation room an Iris keeps your flooring clean and free from blood when people arrive unannounced but the noise that occures is a most unfortunate when embroiled in a staff breifing or simply enjoying your morning coffee, we have the solution, new anti-decebel dampners fits to most gate conducter couplers in addition to control room windows, assured to kep the noise out and the important discussions in when enemies attack.
Price: $ 129.99*

for more infomation regarding our products check our website now for the latest offers and much more on crystalirisbluechevron.com

*Price does not include installation and any extras

**product tested at area 51, consult your goverment before installation.
Nice! :jack_new_anime06:

Kelt'ar
January 12th, 2006, 08:29 AM
They should have placed a Trapdoor leading to a very deep hole right on the ramp in front of the gate. Just in case some enemies gets their claws on a G.D.O and get through the gate with an explosive (like in Jonas' VISION). All they'd have to do is open the trapdoor, and as soon as the Jaffa steps outta the gate, down the drain they go.

aAnubiSs
January 12th, 2006, 08:30 AM
I'd go for pink fur!

Trek_Girl42
January 12th, 2006, 09:25 AM
I'd go for pink fur!

Pouffy chairs!

Like the trapdoor idea, it should have sound effects- like flushing a toilet.:jack_new_anime06:

creed462
January 12th, 2006, 11:26 AM
I think a new coat of blue paint will do nicly

Space Cadette
January 12th, 2006, 01:15 PM
Have you not noticed how many times the gateroom has been shot up or just plain blown up? It's been refurbished and re-built several times! They just go for functional over fashion. Though I'm kind of liking the "trap door at the end of the ramp" idea...

HirogenGater
January 12th, 2006, 01:23 PM
Personally, I say if it ain't broke, why fix it. The SGC surroundings have come to feel like home in a way over the past eight and a half seasons. I just don't see changing them too much.
As for showing different sets, it is all about the money. If they built those additional sets, we'd have to give up something else in an episode or episodes. Unfortunately, I'm sure it's hard to meet budget costs as it is for tptb.:)

I think the Gateroom looks fine. No reason to change it.

Tankaras
January 12th, 2006, 01:28 PM
I'd like to see some automatic sentry guns hanging down from the ceiling. We've probably lost 50 plus airmen in the gateroom during incursions.

the fifth man
January 12th, 2006, 01:45 PM
I'd like to see some automatic sentry guns hanging down from the ceiling. We've probably lost 50 plus airmen in the gateroom during incursions.

Alright, that change I could support.:) It would be a good move.

AGateFan
January 12th, 2006, 03:09 PM
What you don’t support a goa'uld forcefield......keep the guys in so the sentry guns can have their way.

How about a trap door INTO a shielded room WITH Sentry guns. Wyrminarrd's Killing zone. Definitely want to make that room pink though. It supposed to be a mild color that will hopefully make the enemy less aggressive... wont have any affect on the sentry guns though :)

We still should have some mean looking gear in the gate room itself though, just to scare the visiting dignitaries. I am torn though on if we should have a fruit basket or Donuts ready for the visiting dignitaries.

Trek_Girl42
January 12th, 2006, 03:21 PM
What you don’t support a goa'uld forcefield......keep the guys in so the sentry guns can have their way.

How about a trap door INTO a shielded room WITH Sentry guns. Wyrminarrd's Killing zone. Definitely want to make that room pink though. It supposed to be a mild color that will hopefully make the enemy less aggressive... wont have any affect on the sentry guns though :)

We still should have some mean looking gear in the gate room itself though, just to scare the visiting dignitaries. I am torn though on if we should have a fruit basket or Donuts ready for the visiting dignitaries.

Donuts when they arrive, fruit as a "doggy bag" for when they leave.

SG-1ssm
January 12th, 2006, 09:57 PM
They should have placed a Trapdoor leading to a very deep hole right on the ramp in front of the gate. Just in case some enemies gets their claws on a G.D.O and get through the gate with an explosive (like in Jonas' VISION). All they'd have to do is open the trapdoor, and as soon as the Jaffa steps outta the gate, down the drain they go.
That would be kinda unrealistic. I would rather see them get blown away by those 50 cal machines guns.

Trek_Girl42
January 12th, 2006, 10:42 PM
That would be kinda unrealistic. I would rather see them get blown away by those 50 cal machines guns.

Don't want to make a mess of the new refurb though. ;)

TechnoWraith
January 12th, 2006, 11:29 PM
A few potted planets,.

those must be some pretty small planets! :) ;)

Actually, the gateroom seems ok to me. It's not really designed to be comfortable or aestethic really. It's designed to be a portal. And extra stuff could just get in the way. The gateroom serves more of a functional purpose. It's not designed to look "pretty" or "comfortable." With that said, i guess a few nice things could make it look better: a new paint job, some shrubbery, a bench, a street lamp, heck, a bus stop sign and even a trash can. :p

Trek_Girl42
January 13th, 2006, 09:24 AM
those must be some pretty small planets! :) ;)
:jack_new_anime06: :lol: Good point.....or perhaps there is an entire universe in each of those pots.....;)

Actually, the gateroom seems ok to me. It's not really designed to be comfortable or aestethic really. It's designed to be a portal. And extra stuff could just get in the way. The gateroom serves more of a functional purpose. It's not designed to look "pretty" or "comfortable." With that said, i guess a few nice things could make it look better: a new paint job, some shrubbery, a bench, a street lamp, heck, a bus stop sign and even a trash can. :p

Let's make it a park while we're at it, add a few swings, merry-go-round, miniature train.....
:docianime15: :prioranime01: :docianime15:

dipsofjazz
January 13th, 2006, 01:21 PM
I noticed in the last season or two, they upgraded from CRT terminals to LCD. They have a big LCD tv in the Briefing Room.

They need to get rid of the old 1970's Computers. You know the big wall units with the blinking light bulbs. Thats just rediculus to me. I know they were fiddleing with stargate in the 40's, but had no computers. And the gate was locked up in storage in the 1969 ep, so really, where did those blig clunker computer come from. Left overs from the Titan missles?
:jack_new_anime05: But we've got to have the blinky lights...we've just got to!:cool:

Kelt'ar
January 13th, 2006, 01:47 PM

Unrealistic?:S How? And what will a 50 cal machine gun do against an explosive devise sent through?

- Now if the trap door leads to a Trinium reinforced bunker, the explosion will be contained...See? It's actually a good Idea....unrealistic. pfft!

plaw15
January 13th, 2006, 09:42 PM
Change is good. I would like too see it redone.

rarocks24
January 14th, 2006, 07:26 AM
Wouldn't the shield prevent all of that though, the need for sentry guns and everything? All they would have to do is use the energy from the wormhole to power the shield so in case there's a problem with the power during an attack, the shield would hold. And I know this is embarrassing, but I never really got into Atlantis (though I have watched an episode on occasion). I had a no-tv binge going on for about three years, last year it got so out of control that I missed everything. The past few seasons of SG1 I've either seen re-run on SciFi channel, or were this year where my television binge had officially ended.

Actually, I my friend informed me of the happenings on Stargate SG-1, and mentioned something about Ra being in one of the next episodes, and realizing this may have been something important, got back into it. I'm glad I did. But I did email him and spend some time sulking in the fact that I missed Anubis's defeat, Jackson's deascension, Jack's getting snaked, And pretty much more than half the whole Jaffa Resistance stuff.

Okay, so forgive me when I say this, as I am sure I read this somewhere here on Gateworld, but doesn't the Atlantis gate have an energy shield. I'm sure the Tau'ri gate could be equipped with the same.

wurlitzer153
January 14th, 2006, 09:35 PM
Let's make it a park while we're at it, add a few swings, merry-go-round, miniature train.....
:docianime15: :prioranime01: :docianime15:
Well, if we're going that route, I'm sure Shep would want a ferris wheel included. And the merry-go-round HAS to have an organ, W153 of course!

TechnoWraith
January 14th, 2006, 10:04 PM
Well, if we're going that route, I'm sure Shep would want a ferris wheel included. And the merry-go-round HAS to have an organ, W153 of course!

Hey, let's add a rollercoaster and charge admission! ;) :P

andrewag
January 14th, 2006, 10:26 PM
All I was saying was it would be nice if it was refreshed a little. Have an episode where the gateroom is blown up or something and then start over. I didn't mean ad plants and pretty colours.

The gateroom is the first impression that aliens get of Earth when they come through the gate. Even if the room was filled with damn Americania! Maybe I've been watching Atlantis too much :]

Trek_Girl42
January 14th, 2006, 10:49 PM

Absolutely- and there needs to be cotton-candy on hand at all times. Give that to the alien dignitaries.....they'd never want leave. Judgefor yourselves whether that may be good or bad.:cool:

nhall
March 26th, 2006, 08:10 PM
There are a number of things they could do to improve the gateroom. For one they could install gatling guns to insure that they can shredd apart any non shielded enemy incursion.

As a member of the U.S. Army, who is familiar with the weapons used by the military -- I can safely say the two weapons posted on either side of the ramp can more than sufficiently tear through any incursion through the gate short of a dart or puddlejumper. :cameron:

Cheers,
PV2 Hall

Pharaoh Atem
March 26th, 2006, 08:28 PM
plants woulnd't look that bad in the gateroom if you really think about it

atlantis in season 2 had new plants all over the set

Tracker
March 26th, 2006, 08:48 PM
The ramp up to the gate at the SGC so needs to have disco lights.

Trek_Girl42
March 26th, 2006, 11:44 PM
plants woulnd't look that bad in the gateroom if you really think about it

atlantis in season 2 had new plants all over the set

I don't know about Atlantis season two, but I liked the look of the dead plants in Rising (maybe they stuck around?), I thought those looked great. There's something about spindley dead tiny tree trunks and branches that is so aesthetically pleasing. Maybe because they went well with the Atlantis set and all the stained glass- wouldn't look right with SGC. Maybe I should get some for my house.....:) ;)

Darkstar
March 27th, 2006, 03:52 AM
ah this looks like a job for Crystaliris-Bluechevron, these guys specialise in interior decoration as well as defensive technology and stuff.

do you know a Stargate themepark isn't a bad idea, we have the rollorcoasters and other rides in a Goa'uld theme and an atlantis theme

ohhh the possibilities of it :D

TechnoWraith
March 27th, 2006, 08:08 PM
The ramp up to the gate at the SGC so needs to have disco lights.

I think we need to turn the ramp into an escalator!

I walked on the SG-1 gate ramp! Squeee!