This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

K-9 and Company

I just got to see it and thought it was good, what did others think of this Doctor who spin off.
    Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Originally posted by creed462
    I just got to see it and thought it was good, what did others think of this Doctor who spin off.
    Well, I liked it.

When I first saw it, it wasn't what I expected, but I thought it was good.

It reminded me of The Stones of Blood.

Comment

Yes, I like how Sarah Jane just accepted it when she found out it was from the Doctor, And when asked she responed he was a good friend. It should have gotten more eps.

Comment

Although it was loved by many it was also very muched unloved and that is the reason why it only got one story.
        Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

Where did you see it and when?
          Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

A friend bought it on VHS Last night

Comment

I just watched it again. I thought the whole K-9 aspect of the show didn't fit in too well with the witches and the mystery. The theme music, K-9 sound effects, and the tin dog itself really worked against the story. That's not good, considering the title. Also, the Miss Sladen's acting in the opening sequence was comically wooden.

K-9 himself can't really carry a show and works better in a sci-fi environment where opposing elements can balance the advantages of his character.

Still, I enjoyed it, but it would have worked better to see Sarah Jane on her own...or perhaps with some other familar faces, investigating mysteries. From a drama standpoint, it would have been excellent...if they omitted the robot pooch. Despite that, it was a good little suspense drama.

Comment

Maybe maybe not. It needed a little more time to flesh out the charecters more.

Comment

I've always thought it was cute. Not as good as I was hoping it would be, and the theme song kinda gets on my nerves. But it was kinda fun. Wish there had been more actually K-9 in it.
                  "There's no point in growing up if you can't be childish sometimes." ~Doctor Who, Robot~

SGA Fanfiction

Comment

Maybe it sould have been focus on Sarah Jane instead.

Comment

Maybe it sould have been focus on Sarah Jane instead.
                      That might have worked. It was much more her show than K-9's I think, the way it turned out.
                      "There's no point in growing up if you can't be childish sometimes." ~Doctor Who, Robot~

SGA Fanfiction

Comment

Perhpas there was going to be more K-9 in it as soon as there was more episodes.
                        Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

Originally posted by Metarock Sam
                          Perhpas there was going to be more K-9 in it as soon as there was more episodes.
                          Despite having his name in the title, it's very difficult to sell a show about a robotic dog.

What demographic were they targeting here?

K-9 works better as a supporting character than the main character.

They could have had a wonderful mystery series with Sarah Jane Smith.

Or they could have had an X-Files type series by re-introducing some of the U.N.I.T. characters.

Instead, they choose to juxtapose a futuristic robotic dog with an occult mystery.

However, the reason the pilot didn't go anywhere isn't a mystery at all.

Comment

Mmm a show all about UNIT....

THAT sounds good.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett
                              Mmm a show all about UNIT....

THAT sounds good.
                              I suppose there's always the P.R.O.B.E. series with Liz Shaw.

Comment

Working...
                              X