This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many Ori? Possible weakness?

We have heard now that the Ori do not like to share power. And they do know how to increase their powers by obtaining followers to become stronger than other ascended beings and destroy them. At least that is what they plan to do to the ancients.

So, how many Ori can there really be? If they do not let anyone else ascend and maybe even fight each other, maybe very few or even only one is left? Maybe there never was more than one and once he was ascended he killed everybody else who could?

But we do not know the difference in power between ascended beings. Do two of them with no followers have the same kind of power? Or do they have different levels of power but cannot destroy each over without having much more by getting followers?

This could be a possible weakness. If there still are many Ori , one could try to fight them by turning them against each other.

This leads to the question why they gathered followers at all before they knew about the ancients in the Milky Way?
    - To fight each other?
    - To prepare to fight other ascended beings in case the show up from somewhere else?
    - To keep control over the general population and kill off anybody close to ascension?

I think it would be could if the Ori were just a few (like 5 or 6) really powerful ascended from all their wraithing of the followers.
    It would also be cool if the Ori were all (lots and lots) of the Ancients who were on the religous side of the Ancient philosphical split.

What I really want to know is what the wall of fire is in the Plains of Celestus.
    Must find out soon.

Comment

there's gotta be more

like 100-10000000

Comment

Maybe someone just misinterpreted some old religious text centuries ago. "The Ori" could just mean "The Ori" (singularis). A one-man whackjob.

Comment

Somehow I doubt that there is only one of them around, it would be really hard to believe that the ancients wouldn´t have delt with a single individual before he became so powerful that they couldn´t touch him.

Much more likely the Ori and the Alterrans (sp?) belonged to the same race. At some point in time they diverged into two philisophical camps, one going with science and the other religion. Now I personally think that the Ori were a minority and when the split happened the accounted for only around 10-20% of the total population. This would explain why the Ori need worshipers as having them allows the Ori to close the power gap created by the Alterrans greater numbers.

Comment

I also doubt that there's just one of them. The very fact that they need so many followers could indicate that there are hundreds or thousands of them, like the wraith, which is why they need so much energy before they risk attacking the ancients.

However, I would like to think that there are more Ancients than there are Ori. First of all, because the 'radicals' are always in a minority to the straight-thinking intelligent ones. Second because thanks to ancients like Oma, many hundreds [like the population of Abydos] have since ascended and would count towards their numbers.
            //

O'Neill: Phasers?
            Carter: Sorry sir.

HAPPY 40TH STAR TREK!! LIVE LONG AND PROSPER!

Comment

Nah i think there were almost equal number of Ori and Ancients but this changed over time so there are more Ancients now then there would have been at the beginning. Also its said one ascended being cannot destroy another, I mean wasnt that what happened to Anubis? They couldnt destroy him so they forced him back or something. If thats the case then it would explain why the Ori want more power because if you cant beat something equal to you in power then get more power.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

The Ori's selfishness concerning their power would actually be a good way to defeat them. If we could somehow convince at least one of them to find a way to destroy the others, we could goad them into a civil war, a la the Tok'ra and the Goa'uld. It's not clear if it's at all possible to destroy an ascended being, but I think it is under some certain circumstances.
                SQUEE like no one's listening.

Comment

That would be abit too much like the goa'uld though, if that happens then it just makes the ori goa'uld copycats. Its better that they be unified for more identity rather then falling into the trap of being a fractured race.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

orlin said they'd need to share. as in more than one.

Comment

Working...
                    X