This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boxset Volume Order?

some correct me if i am wrong, but S1 has five discs while S2 has six so why does S3 start with DVD volume 8?

i'm not stephen hawking but my math skills are good enough to figure out that 5+6 = 11 and S3 starting on volume 8 and not 12 makes no sense.

do most of S1 and S2 have no volume orders?

sigpic

Just for everyone else to be aware of - this is regarding Region 2 DVDs.

Season 1 only had one original DVD - titled "Best of Season One" and this was orignally titled Volume 1.

So then when Season 2 came out indivually the first DVD was titled Volume 2 and so on.

When MGM released SG-1 Season One in boxset - they had to number Season 1 as 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5.

So basically it goes like this in the boxsets for Region 2:

Season 1 Boxset:

Volume 1 - Children Of The Gods (Parts I and II) - The Enemy Within
    Volume 2 - Emancipation - The Broca Divide - The First Commandment - Cold Lazarus
    Volume 3 - The Nox - Brief Candle - Thor's Hammer - The Torment Of Tantalus - Bloodlines
    Volume 4 - Fire and Water - Hathor - Singularity - Cor-ai - Enigma - Solitudes
    Volume 5 - Tin Man - There But For The Grace Of God - Politics - Within The Serpent's Grasp

Season 2 boxset:

Volume 2 - Serpent's Lair - In The Line Of Duty - Prisoners - Gamekeeper
    Volume 3 - Need - Thor's Chariot - Message In A Bottle - Family
    Volume 4 - Secrets - Bane - The Tokra - The Tokra
    Volume 5 - Touchstone - Spirits - A Matter Of Time - The Fifth Race
    Volume 6 - Serpent's Song - Holiday - One False Step - Show and Tell
    Volume 7 - 1969 - Out Of Mind (plus two Season 1 episodes)

and then we get to Season 3 which then starts with Volume 8.

Hope that helps
    Last edited by TheWarrior; 11 January 2006, 12:27 PM.

Comment

There has been one of these recently

S1 goes disk 1-5

Volume one is the best of S1 (I think COTG and Politics and Within The Serpents Grasp)

Season 2 onwards goes from Volume 2 onwards
      Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
      - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Originally posted by TheWarrior
        Just for everyone else to be aware of - this is regarding Region 2 DVDs.

Season 1 only had one original DVD - titled "Best of Season One" and this was orignally titled Volume 1.

So then when Season 2 came out indivually the first DVD was titled Volume 2 and so on.

When MGM released SG-1 Season One in boxset - they had to number Season 1 as 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5.

So basically it goes like this in the boxsets for Region 2:

Season 1 Boxset:

Volume 1 - Children Of The Gods (Parts I and II) - The Enemy Within
        Volume 2 - Emancipation - The Broca Divide - The First Commandment - Cold Lazarus
        Volume 3 - The Nox - Brief Candle - Thor's Hammer - The Torment Of Tantalus - Bloodlines
        Volume 4 - Fire and Water - Hathor - Singularity - Cor-ai - Enigma - Solitudes
        Volume 5 - Tin Man - There But For The Grace Of God - Politics - Within The Serpent's Grasp

Season 2 boxset:

Volume 2 - Serpent's Lair - In The Line Of Duty - Prisoners - Gamekeeper
        Volume 3 - Need - Thor's Chariot - Message In A Bottle - Family
        Volume 4 - Secrets - Bane - The Tokra - The Tokra
        Volume 5 - Touchstone - Spirits - A Matter Of Time - The Fifth Race
        Volume 6 - Serpent's Song - Holiday - One False Step - Show and Tell
        Volume 7 - 1969 - Out Of Mind (plus two Season 1 episodes)

and then we get to Season 3 which then starts with Volume 8.

Hope that helps

that does help, thanks.

i have to say thats very stupid.

if they got disc 1 to 5, then volume 2 to 7, then there is the original volume 1 Best Of disc? does it need to be gotten seperately?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X