X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help Wanted: SG-1 Transcriber

Hi, folks!

GateWorld is currently in need of a transcriber for Stargate SG-1 episodes. Transcripts need to be written for the new episode each and every week, as well as lots of catch-up work on previous seasons as time allows. Transcripts should include not only dialogue, but well-written descriptions of on-screen events (without additional commentary), and should be spotless and ready to publish to the whole world without any further editing.

You can find format samples by checking out Callie's excellent Atlantis transcripts:

http://www.gateworld.net/atlantis/s2...ts/index.shtml
    http://www.gateworld.net/atlantis/s1...ts/index.shtml

Transcripts from Friday's episode should be done as soon as possible for publication, ideally by the Monday following. You'll want to use resources like closed captioning, end credits (when available), and the Stargate Omnipedia for spelling and exact dialogue.

We'd like to find someone 18 or older, preferably in the U.S. with The SCI FI Channel (as new episodes air here first, and other means of obtaining episodes usually don't include closed captions).

This is, of course, a volunteer and unpaid job. You will get a byline at the top of each transcript you write, and you'll be listed as a GateWorld staff member.

Interested folks must have a solid grasp of proper, written English. Basic HTML skills (bolding, italics, paragraphing) is a also plus.

Please e-mail [email protected] if you are interested!
    GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
    The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
    Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

I#m interested but I'm under 18 and live in the UK, but you have given me a great idea for my site.

The solid grasp of English would also be a problem, strangly my HTML skills are better Im sure someone will, and I say, Good Luck To them

Comment

There are a few sites that do stuff like this:

http://www.moon-catchin.net/gatenois...ranscripts.htm
      http://www.moon-catchin.net/gatenois...ranscripts.htm

How about you contact them and try to come to some sort of agreement as they are already doing it they also have transcripts of specials

I think their is a yahoo group aswell

Edit: see http://www.stargatesg1971.com/transcript.html
      gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
      so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
      love Torri

Comment

I think Darren's after someone who will wirte for Gateworld only, the StargateWiki is where I go to read transcripts, but if they were on GW they I would read them here due to accesibility

Comment

Originally posted by S.G.C
          I think Darren's after someone who will wirte for Gateworld only
          If they were writing poetry I could understand that but its a fracking transcript!!!
          gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
          so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
          love Torri

Comment

If someone is already writing them for another site, we obviously have no need for exclusivity if we can reach an agreement. We have pursued other options which, for such and such reasons, have prompted us to look for our own transcriber.

Comment

It would be nice to wrangle them from Kwoosh directly.

Doing a transcript isn't hard, but turn around by Monday am is pushing it. Even SG-Heads have a life.
              The very young, do not always do what they are told.

"To me, my board" - Silver Surfer

Comment

Originally posted by BackStageJim
                It would be nice to wrangle them from Kwoosh directly.

Doing a transcript isn't hard, but turn around by Monday am is pushing it. Even SG-Heads have a life.
                Really, you have a life. I should get myself one of those.
                Sadly my HTML skills are lacking or I would volunteer.
                Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

I would volunteer but my means of watching dont have subtitles and I dont have much patience
                  love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
                    I would volunteer but my means of watching dont have subtitles and I dont have much patience
                    I would also volunteer, but I also don't have much patience, like Qasim does.
                    sigpic

Comment

No need for HTML skills. Anything you need to know about using HTML tags in a transcript I can tell you in a single e-mail.

Comment

If the position has not been filled by february 18, I'd be glad to help out. I'll turn eighteen then. I also have experience in script writing, if that helps.
                        Spoiler:
                        Check out my fanfiction! http://www.fanfiction.net/~memnarch

Comment

I am interested! I have sent you an email.

Comment

I'm prolly gonna hate myself by the next exam period again but... I'm interested. Sending an email.

So I can protect you from evil feathers, but you won't save me from the wrath of Elizabeth? Some lover you are.

Comment

I'm 20 something with a bachelor degree in print journalism. Which is just to say I'm an educated writer. I don't tape the new episodes however, I simply wait until they come out on DVD, so I don't think I'd be much help to transcribe new episodes. However you mentioned playing catch-up on older episodes. I have all of the first eight seasons on DVD and would be willing to help you out with any of those if you'd like.

Comment

Working...
                              X