This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Second evolution

why are we in earths Second evolution? what happend to the first? how were they wiped out? and who started the second?

The ancient's are beleived to be the first race.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
    [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

We're basically devolved versions of the Ancients in terms of mental capacity.
      *Peter turns on the energy based iris while Atlantis is very low on power*
      McKay - "Using power, using power, using power..."

Comment

that i got, but who were the Adem and Eve of our evelution?

Comment

The Ancients probably.
          We may have been engineered by the Ancients to be immune to the plague that hit them and by gaining that immunity we lost their superior intellect.

Comment

we werent enginered, natural selection decided we dont need those powers because we were gonna pick at the dirt for the next million years, or watever timeframe they ancients r to us

"Are you trying to tell me that you...built a time machine, out of a Delorean"- Marty Mcfly

Comment

So we're dirt pickers, thats just swell. We get the priviledge of picking dirt while our ancestors, the Ancients, get to fly around in Puddle-Jumpers and get a cool flying city.

Comment

It's possible the Ancients use the 'seeding' as a chance to study and observe all the different variation of the evolution. They've seeded thousands of worlds, each human race has a slight different genetic makeup. I am sure if they wanted, they could've just pass down the Ancients' bloodline. Instead they choose to start the new worlds with more primitive human races, it is possible in time those humans would surpass even the Ancients.

"ARRRG! My dry cleaning bill this month is over $10,000!"

Comment

Originally posted by 220683
                  It's possible the Ancients use the 'seeding' as a chance to study and observe all the different variation of the evolution. They've seeded thousands of worlds, each human race has a slight different genetic makeup. I am sure if they wanted, they could've just pass down the Ancients' bloodline. Instead they choose to start the new worlds with more primitive human races, it is possible in time those humans would surpass even the Ancients.
                  What you said does work, they could have used their most primitive form as a seed to see what kind of evolution might occur on the different worlds and in the different environments.

Comment

Bully on this theory, as I think it meshes well with the theories I've express with respect to the Ancients seeding the galaxy. It's really interesting when you consider it with respect to the alliance of the four races in our galaxy. If you've got a recording of "Rising" listen to the hologram again to see what I mean. One of their goals was to share knowledge.

Comment

Recall the episode with Heimdall, the ancestor of the Asgard look eerily human like.

If we take the theory even further, it might be even possible that the 3 other races in the alliance (Nox, Furlings, Asgard) are in fact part of the older races seeded by Ancients. In this case, it would make sense that human from Earth might be considered the fifth race. (instead of other non-human but still far more advanced race). Ancients would not just be an old brotherly race, they would be the parent race in the alliance.

Comment

Recall the episode with Heimdall, the ancestor of the Asgard look eerily human like.

If we take the theory even further, it might be even possible that the 3 other races in the alliance (Nox, Furlings, Asgard) are in fact part of the older races seeded by Ancients. In this case, it would make sense that human from Earth might be considered the fifth race. (instead of other non-human but still far more advanced race). Ancients would not just be an old brotherly race, they would be the parent race in the alliance.
                        Lemme say this in this thread now,
                        The Ancients were great and advanced and all, but they couldn't have done everything. There had to be other life that spawned in the universe besides the Ancients, the Ancients couldn't have created all the races out there.

Comment

They didn't, so far we've come across some non-human races that doesn't seem like Ancients' style. For example, the invisible reetous.

Comment

They didn't, so far we've come across some non-human races that doesn't seem like Ancients' style. For example, the invisible reetous.
                            But according to your theory the Asgard, Nox and Furling were seeded by the Ancients so why not the Re'tu as well, how bout the Unas too.

By the way, I'm being extemely sarcastic

Comment

heh, it just not probable evolution wise. For a human-like form to evolve into a Unas. I assume when the Ancients seeded the worlds, they keep it to human like races. And Unas has been around for a while, even if Ancients did seeded them with their extremely primitive society structure and slow progression they would probably be some sort of failed experiment.
                              Last edited by 220683; 18 July 2004, 07:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X